|07 Jun 2012||#3|
| || |
|My System Specs|
|07 Jun 2012||#10|
| || |
There are a couple of possibilities as problem causes.
As a general recommendation:
1. Close ALL other programs before running updates.
2. Turn off your anti-virus software (turn back on after updates finished)
3. Use CCleaner (followed by a REBOOT) to get rid of any excessive caches/temp files. etc.
4. As previously stated by a couple of our experts, perform a few at a time.
5. Whenever you think the update is hung, then don't panic. Use CTRL + SHIFT + ESC key combo and look at the Applications tab. You will see that Windows Update is Running.
To rule out a couple of possible problem areas:
1. Submit the DiskManagement display (see procedure I give)
2. Update your System Specs. Use SPECCY so that you can copy and paste into the spec blocks. (See procedure I give.)
HOW TO POST A SNAPSHOT OF DISK MANAGEMENT DISPLAY
Run disk management:
WIN | type DISKMGMT.MSC | ENTER
This method gives you a display without the unneeded navigation pane.
WIN=key with Microsoft logo on top.
Maximize the output of Disk Management:
ALT-Spacebar key combo | X key (selects Maximize) |
Drag the field separators (such as between Status and Capacity) to show entire field.
Make a snapshot:
WIN | type SNIPPING | ENTER | New
Drag the cursor around the area you want to snip.
File | Save as | select save location and name | Save
Post the snapshot:
Post a File or Screenshot in Seven Forums
Update your SevenForums System Specs
User CP (located on the top menu bar) |
Your Profile | Edit System Spec (left-hand column)
To gather info, use Speccy (my favorite) or SIW or System Info
ADD the word laptop or desktop or netbook to the
“system manufacturer” block, for example,
Toshiba Satellite L305D notebook.
Provide full windows version info, for example:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
Use the “Other Info” block for Optical Reader,
Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor, etc
Scroll down and click on SAVE CHANGES.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: unable to update my pc|
|Unable to update to IE 10||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Unable to update Win 7||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Unable to update various...||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Unable to install Windows Update: Update Kernel-mode driver framework||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Unable to update||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Multiple Update Failures / Win7 x64 - Unable to Update, Error 800b010||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Unable to update MSE.||System Security|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 AM.