Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Any idea when win 7 service pack 2 is comming and what it will include

07 Jun 2012   #1

WINDOWS 7 64 BIT
 
 
Any idea when win 7 service pack 2 is comming and what it will include

Any idea when windows 7 service pack 2 will come out. Will jit ust be a standard update. or a service pack with some new features I such as where windows can reinstall a fresh copy of itself which is a feature in windows 8 comming out. What version of internet explorer will be included in this service pack.

It must be 200 updates since service pack 1 so I wonder how service pack will be different from what i have now.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Jun 2012   #2

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by marty1856 View Post
Any idea when windows 7 service pack 2 will come out. Will jit ust be a standard update. or a service pack with some new features I such as where windows can reinstall a fresh copy of itself which is a feature in windows 8 comming out. What version of internet explorer will be included in this service pack.

It must be 200 updates since service pack 1 so I wonder how service pack will be different from what i have now.
It may come soon, because it is usually about every 18 months. It will come We just have to wait.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2012   #3

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Maybe its a cunning plan to make us upgrade to Windows 8.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


07 Jun 2012   #4

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
Maybe its a cunning plan to make us upgrade to Windows 8.
Even then, I still wouldn't upgrade to Windows 8...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2012   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windude99 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
Maybe its a cunning plan to make us upgrade to Windows 8.
Even then, I still wouldn't upgrade to Windows 8...
Only if they give us a way to avoid Metro.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2012   #6

WINDOWS 7 64 BIT
 
 

to all users-- what new items would personally you like microsoft to include in service pack 2 besides hotfixes. I am sure metro would not be included- horrible on pc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2012   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Yeah, SP2 for Windows 7 will become required and will include Metro
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2012   #8

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
Yeah, SP2 for Windows 7 will become required and will include Metro
Microsoft considers that to be one of the biggest features in Windows 8. They won't give the Windows 7 people Metro. i wanted Metro... Just kidding, lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2012   #9

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Some of the speed improvements in W8 would be nice. Particularly the graphics and boot improvements.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2012   #10

WINDOWS 7 64 BIT
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
Some of the speed improvements in W8 would be nice. Particularly the graphics and boot improvements.



what about support for USB 3.0 and Intel's LightPeak dual-channel technology added to service pack 2 What speed improvements are in win8
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Any idea when win 7 service pack 2 is comming and what it will include





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Any idea when win 7 service pack 2 is comming and what it will include
Thread Forum
Solved What All Does Service Pack 2 Include? Windows Updates & Activation
Service Pack 2? Windows Updates & Activation
Solved Does Windows 7 Service Pack 1 include the KB971033 update? Windows Updates & Activation
How do I know which service pack I need? Windows Updates & Activation
Service pack 1 Windows Updates & Activation
is a good idea install K-Lite Codec Pack? Music, Pictures & Video
Windows 7 Home Premium Will Include Family Pack Licensi News

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33