Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Window 7 home preimum cracked or real?

18 Aug 2012   #1
jasonhan416

Window 7 Home premium
 
 
Window 7 home preimum cracked or real?

Hi. I recently got a new computer from someone (not from a store), he said he reformatted the computer.
I forgot to ask him if the window 7 is cracked or real or not.
How do you know if window 7 home premium is real or not?

Additional question.
I was installing Window service pack 1 and after the update, it asked me to reset for additional update or something.
I restarted and it says its updating 1 out of 2 and every 20 or 40% of update, my computer would just restart and continue installing where it left off.
This continuous restarting happened at least 4 or 5 times. After that, it was finished and said welcome and I was finally get to log in.
Is it normal or what?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Aug 2012   #2
DustSailor

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Jason, welcome to Sevenforums

Check it by clicking this validate online link: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=203870

It is not normal that the computer should restart multiple times during any single update, although that does not necessarily mean that your computer is cracked. Mine has only ever restarted a maximum of 2 times due to multiple updates being installed. You may have installed multiple updates, also.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2012   #3
jasonhan416

Window 7 Home premium
 
 

Hmm. since I got this computer couple of days ago, I am installing 5~8 updates per restart. Is that why?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Aug 2012   #4
Skylais

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Exactly as he said^ but also right click computer and select properties. Then look near the bottom it should say windows is activated with a product id, and the sticker to the far right.
Here is what mine looks like
and yes it's normal although 4 or 5 restarts isn't the most common.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2012   #5
jasonhan416

Window 7 Home premium
 
 

This is what mine looks like
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2012   #6
Skylais

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

I am almost positive that it is not cracked. If it is a laptop you can flip it over and match the Product id in that picture with the sticker underneath the laptop. Even if they are not the same, Windows is detecting the os as active and genuine. So no worry's my friend even if it is cracked, it is detected as Genuine. Try matching the product id sticker on the physical shell of the computer if you really want to be sure.

Just a little extra below
Also this is not required but, on that computer look for something called hp support assistant and open it click "maintain", and then click "refresh". It will show you if some updates are available. ex:driver updates.
Another not required, but if you search in the start menu "ccc" and find a sort of red icon Download this to automatically find amd or ati driver updates AMD Driver Autodetect
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2012   #7
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jasonhan416 View Post
Hi. I recently got a new computer from someone (not from a store), he said he reformatted the computer.
I forgot to ask him if the window 7 is cracked or real or not.
How do you know if window 7 home premium is real or not?

Additional question.
I was installing Window service pack 1 and after the update, it asked me to reset for additional update or something.
I restarted and it says its updating 1 out of 2 and every 20 or 40% of update, my computer would just restart and continue installing where it left off.
This continuous restarting happened at least 4 or 5 times. After that, it was finished and said welcome and I was finally get to log in.
Is it normal or what?
Most win7 activation cracks work by modifying the MBR or "volume boot sector". Replace them with the default ones and check if still activated.

From recovery environment->command prompt

Code:
 
bootrec/fixmbr
bootrec/fixboot
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2012   #8
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

The only way to know definatively is to generate the MGADIAG report. Follow the steps here:

Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

And then post your MGADIAG report here and I'll take a look for you.

Regards,
Golden
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2012   #9
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Skylais View Post
I am almost positive that it is not cracked. If it is a laptop you can flip it over and match the Product id in that picture with the sticker underneath the laptop. Even if they are not the same, Windows is detecting the os as active and genuine. So no worry's my friend i am almost positive it is not cracked or hacked

Just a little extra below
Also this is not required but, on that computer look for something called hp support assistant and open it click "maintain", and then click "refresh". It will show you if some updates are available. ex:driver updates.
Another not required, but if you search in the start menu "ccc" and find a sort of red icon Download this to automatically find amd or ati driver updates AMD Driver Autodetect
From the info given so far it is not possible to guarantee the authenticity of the Windows OS. A later post gives the definitive answer!
Also I would strongly recommend that you don'rt install third party so called driver detectors, they are more trouble than they are worth. This is Window 7 we are talking about not XP. Windows 7 is the best guide to correct drivers. Work on the principle "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" That's better than "If it ain't broke keep fixing it till it is!" That all IMHO, of course!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2012   #10
Skylais

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Skylais View Post
I am almost positive that it is not cracked. If it is a laptop you can flip it over and match the Product id in that picture with the sticker underneath the laptop. Even if they are not the same, Windows is detecting the os as active and genuine. So no worry's my friend i am almost positive it is not cracked or hacked

Just a little extra below
Also this is not required but, on that computer look for something called hp support assistant and open it click "maintain", and then click "refresh". It will show you if some updates are available. ex:driver updates.
Another not required, but if you search in the start menu "ccc" and find a sort of red icon Download this to automatically find amd or ati driver updates AMD Driver Autodetect
From the info given so far it is not possible to guarantee the authenticity of the Windows OS. A later post gives the definitive answer!
Also I would strongly recommend that you don'rt install third party so called driver detectors, they are more trouble than they are worth. This is Window 7 we are talking about not XP. Windows 7 is the best guide to correct drivers. Work on the principle "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" That's better than "If it ain't broke keep fixing it till it is!" That all IMHO, of course!
I don't understand why your calling them third party. Technically they are, but they come preinstalled on the computer. They are from the official website, and really It is not needed, but why not just use what they give you to update your computer to its latest and probably most responsible state. It's not like i was telling him to go use driver genius or anything like that. Please correct me if i am wrong, but i have used Amd's official driver updater on multiple pc's and no problems have occurred. Hp support assistant comes preinstalled on the computer and so does CCC so why would it hurt to use them and update your computer?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Window 7 home preimum cracked or real?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
window 7 cracked or real
well my first ques is; i purchased a new laptop from a store but i did not ask whether window is real or cracked..so how i should do to know whether it is cracked or real?
Windows Updates & Activation
New Harddrive and reinstall Windows 7 Home Preimum
Hi I have a HP Laptop that I need to replace the Hard Drive on. My question is when I replace the Hard Drive, Can I use the restore CD I create to start installing Windows 7 back onto the new Drive? Also would be possible to use a windows 7 restore CD from another Windows 7 home pc? in case I...
Installation & Setup
Window resizing is not real-time
As per the title (View screenshot)... For some weird reason whenever i resized windows, it's not realtime anymore. I don't remember changing any settings or whatsoever. I have searched really hard to find a solution, none so far. Kindly help! :cry: http://i.imgur.com/te19Y.png
General Discussion
Windows 7 home preimum 64bit won't open any 32 bit program
I was away from my computer on saturday and when i returned it had restarted itself. I don't know if it installed updates or just crashed, i can't find any reccord of updates. Since then i can not open any 32 bit programs. I can not install anything, when i try i get the error "The windows...
Software
Win 7 Home Preimum, VPN
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit: VPN connects and allows access to network's Unix Server, data entry, etc. However, Outlook 2007 receives but does not send messages, error 8x800ccc78. When the VPN is not connected, messages can be sent (and received).
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:24.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App