Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: download the win7 updates


20 Aug 2012   #1

windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 
download the win7 updates

hi my friends.
i know that we can download windows 7 updates from microsft
but is there a way to have install files when we install updates from" Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Update"?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Aug 2012   #2

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by muiacir View Post
hi my friends.
i know that we can download windows 7 updates from microsft
but is there a way to have install files when we install updates from" Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Update"?
Muiacir, If I understand your question. Do you want to have each of the updates from microsoft in separate files that you can then install one at a time?

If so then you have to go directly to microsoft and by update number download each one to your machine.

Rich
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2012   #3

windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richnrockville View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by muiacir View Post
hi my friends.
i know that we can download windows 7 updates from microsft
but is there a way to have install files when we install updates from" Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Update"?
Muiacir, If I understand your question. Do you want to have each of the updates from microsoft in separate files that you can then install one at a time?

If so then you have to go directly to microsoft and by update number download each one to your machine.

Rich
thanks my friend.i knew your solution but i want to know is there a way to have the seperate file while we are updating the windows by windows update option in control panel?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Aug 2012   #4
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Hello muiacir,

I think this below to download the MSU file for the Windows Update is about as close as you can get to that.

Windows Update - Download Standalone MSU Installer File

Otherwise, it's as Rich posted.

How to download updates that include drivers and hotfixes from the Windows Update Catalog

Hope this helps,
Shawn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2012   #5

windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello muiacir,

I think this below to download the MSU file for the Windows Update is about as close as you can get to that.

Windows Update - Download Standalone MSU Installer File

Otherwise, it's as Rich posted.

How to download updates that include drivers and hotfixes from the Windows Update Catalog

Hope this helps,
Shawn
thanks shawn.your suggestion is good.i read the thread.
i have a question:if we install updates of Windows 7 and then create backup for example bye acronis trueimage or create a restore point.does the backup or restore point have the updates?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2012   #6
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

If created after the update was installed, then yes. I would recommend creating an image though. Restore points can be helpful, but old ones get deleted to make room for new ones, so it may not always be there when needed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2012   #7

windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

thank you so much
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2012   #8
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

You're most welcome.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 download the win7 updates




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: download the win7 updates
Thread Forum
52 Updates. Will not download. Windows Updates & Activation
Win7 Updates changes settings to Never Check for Updates Windows Updates & Activation
Solved Win7 32x, format & reload, win updates 60% failing (50+ updates) Windows Updates & Activation
Solved Is it necessary to download these updates? Windows Updates & Activation
Solved ask me first if I want to download updates Windows Updates & Activation
Win7 Updates vanished, can't download System Security
New Laptop will not Download some MS Updates Windows Updates & Activation

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33