Ok figured out my fix, after clean installing and multiple other attempts to fix it, i found the problem still existed. Downloaded one of my games again, to be exact "Lord of the Rings Online". Said i needed framework v.1.14 so i went and got 4.5 the latest and it still insisted v1.1.14 so i got it which gave me error codes. I fixed this error code by re adding my "public" registry key. Next the framework 1.1.14 worked. I had given up on the problem update, and then after installing ms office prof 2010 i checked for updates naturally, because i knew there would be some. The update this time installed. So i believe these could be possible fixes.
1. If you have deleted your public folders, Google the fix to bring them back by using regedit.
2. Install the latest framework 4.5 (i think this was the real fix)
3. These did not work for me, but try Microsoft fix it, resetting update history and components as well as using the system readiness tool.