Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of windows is not genuine

09 Sep 2012   #11

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

hi,first thanks for your quick reply
but my problem is i can't read any thing from the bottom of sticker from my laptop.



Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
I hadn't noticed before - sorry - that you said you'd already tried chenging the key - what is the EXACT error message when you try now?

....and what version and edition of Windows is quoted on the COA sticker?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Sep 2012   #12
AC

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by urvisha View Post
hi,first thanks for your quick reply
but my problem is i can't read any thing from the bottom of sticker from my laptop.



Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
I hadn't noticed before - sorry - that you said you'd already tried chenging the key - what is the EXACT error message when you try now?

....and what version and edition of Windows is quoted on the COA sticker?
Jellybean Key Finder?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Sep 2012   #13

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)
 
 

Jellybean is no use in this situation......


Computers that come pre-installed with Windows from large manufacturers usually come with two Product Keys.

OEM SLP: This is the key that came in Windows (from the factory). It works by connecting to a BIOS flag (the SLIC table) found only on computers from that Manufacturer. Once it sees the correct BIOS flag, it self activates.

COA SLP: This is the key seen on the sticker located on the side, bottom or in the battery compartment of your machine. The purpose of this key is to be used in the case the OEM SLP self-activation stops working for whatever reason.



There *may* be an alternative solution though, if you are patient and persistent.
Attempt Telephone Activation, and speak to an operator - they will tell you that your current Key is blocked (they should then ask for confirmation of your Product Key). Explain to them your problem, that you need to change the Key to the one on your sticker, but that the sticker is unreadable (could they please supply a replacement Key?). Hopefully they will ask for documentary proof of the sticker, in the form of an email with a picture of the affected sticker - and you can proceed from there.
Sometimes it takes two or three calls before you get an operator who actually knows and uses this procedure - but I know that it can and does happen.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


09 Sep 2012   #14

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

ohk i will also try that.thank you
once again thanks everyone for your help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2012   #15

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by urvisha View Post
ohk i will also try that.thank you
once again thanks everyone for your help
But you still haven't said where this computer came from?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2012   #16

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 
Dell Business Computer -- Windows 7 Not Genuine

Wow. After using this new Dell business computer (Vostrol 270) for 2 weeks, to suddenly have that message appear in the lower-right corner was awful. Running a check utility from Microsoft brought me to a page that said to pay up $149. I called Dell and they said oh, we've seen this with some Microsoft updates -- be careful with those. So I used a System Restore point, and got rid of that Windows 7 Not Genuine message. (I ran complete system scans with Microsoft's System Essentials and Malwarebytes, and no virus was found.) I've used Windows since release 3.1 (pre-Windows 95), and have always scoffed at the Mac fans. No longer. I am a programmer by profession. The integration of this system with my XP computers was a nightmare. File permissions has been a nightmare. And now this. For business purposes I still need a few Windows machines, but for everything else I'm switching to Mac. This machine has wasted so much of my time to set up. Bitter? You bet.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2012   #17

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mrwsf View Post
Wow. After using this new Dell business computer (Vostrol 270) for 2 weeks, to suddenly have that message appear in the lower-right corner was awful. Running a check utility from Microsoft brought me to a page that said to pay up $149. I called Dell and they said oh, we've seen this with some Microsoft updates -- be careful with those. So I used a System Restore point, and got rid of that Windows 7 Not Genuine message. (I ran complete system scans with Microsoft's System Essentials and Malwarebytes, and no virus was found.) I've used Windows since release 3.1 (pre-Windows 95), and have always scoffed at the Mac fans. No longer. I am a programmer by profession. The integration of this system with my XP computers was a nightmare. File permissions has been a nightmare. And now this. For business purposes I still need a few Windows machines, but for everything else I'm switching to Mac. This machine has wasted so much of my time to set up. Bitter? You bet.
Start a NEW thread of your own, and include an MGADiag report


Please follow this tutorial and post an MGADiag report - then we can see what the problem is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/234159-windows-genuine-activation-issue-posting-instructions.html


Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

Ignore errors produced when clicking on the Copy button - they simply mean that the tool could not create the backup files for some reason. The data is still copied to the clipboard for pasting to your response.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of windows is not genuine




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of windows is not genuine
Thread Forum
Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of windows is not genuine Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of Windows is not genuine... Windows Updates & Activation
Solved Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of windows is not genuine...but it is Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of Windows is not genuine Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7600 This copy of Windows is not genuine Windows Updates & Activation
Windows7 build 7600 This copy of Windows in not genuine Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of Windows is not genuine Windows Updates & Activation

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33