Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Google update via Windows Update


10 Sep 2012   #11

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)
 
 

It's not that unusual for 3rd-party software to lag (although it is an extreme case, I admit) - look at the common ones like Graphics drivers. The ones on offer at WU are almost always 6 months or more behind the ones on the OEM's websites.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Sep 2012   #12

Win 7 Pro x64 SP1, Win 7 Ult x86 SP1
 
 

Yea, I've seen Graphics drivers lag as you pointed out.
I can't remember ever seeing this much lag, and that is why i mentioned it...
I don't know if the dates are relevant for this issue, just something i noticed...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2012   #13

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)
 
 

Can't say as I'm any wiser, either!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Sep 2012   #14
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by OldMX View Post
Yesterday I reinstalled windows for a friend who got hit by a nasty rootkit leaving the computer useless, after wiping the disk with 0's, and performing the clean install, windows update among the 100+ updates suggested to install Skype...go figure.
MS has owned Skype since last year.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2012   #15

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)
 
 

...which has nothing to do with the subject of this thread
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2012   #16

Win 7 Pro x64 SP1, Win 7 Ult x86 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
Can't say as I'm any wiser, either!
Now we're in trouble !

If it was me i would:

1) Decide if i even want to try this update and test it.
consider "If it ain't broke don't fix it"
2) If i decide i want to try it
create a System Image Backup.
Install the update and test it.
Back it out if i don't like it.
Keep it and go forward if it doesn't cause problems.
3) If i don't want to try it to see what it does
hide it in Windows Update.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2012   #17

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64- bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DavidW7ncus View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
Can't say as I'm any wiser, either!
Now we're in trouble !

If it was me i would:

1) Decide if i even want to try this update and test it.
consider "If it ain't broke don't fix it"
2) If i decide i want to try it
create a System Image Backup.
Install the update and test it.
Back it out if i don't like it.
Keep it and go forward if it doesn't cause problems.
3) If i don't want to try it to see what it does
hide it in Windows Update.
As I have nothing on my PC related to it, I shan't install it.
Thanks for your help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Sep 2012   #18
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by OldMX View Post
Yesterday I reinstalled windows for a friend who got hit by a nasty rootkit leaving the computer useless, after wiping the disk with 0's, and performing the clean install, windows update among the 100+ updates suggested to install Skype...go figure.
MS has owned Skype since last year.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
...which has nothing to do with the subject of this thread
True enough. I was replying to the above post.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Google update via Windows Update




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33