Quote: Originally Posted by tom982
Hello pvoveris and welcome to the forums
Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP
I'll ping our resident expert and see if he can help out - I don't have an Ultimate to hand - and certainly not with far-east languages installed!
Me... expert!? I wish
This was a right pain to source as the Windows Update Agent 7.6.7600.256 (the version you're missing files from) doesn't have a full installer, but I've got them now. Windows Update Package Replacement Warning:
this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.
- Please download the attached file, Packs.zip and save this to your Desktop.
- Right-click on the file and select Extract All...
- Tick the box labelled Show extracted files when complete then click Extract
- A window will open showing two folders, Manifests and Packages
- Open the Manifests folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)
- Open the Packages folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)
- Run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) again
- When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:
You will probably be shown the error code 0x8024200D after performing this fix, if so, please let me know
Mucho thanks for this, it resolved all the errors in the checksur.log!
I was able to run windows update and it detected a new version of windows update and said that it was going to close and restart, but it did not restart on its own. I had to leave for work at that point so will see what is next when I get home. But at least it didn't give me that blasted 800B0100 error.
I still can't understand how this happened. These files have a date of 6/2/2012, so that means they were downloaded as soon as I turned my PC on here, so how on earth did they get corrupted like that?
Also, I wonder why none of the fix programs just simply go out and retrieve new copies of these corrupted files instead of just putting in the log "repair files unavailable"?
I need to remove those additional languages, as I don't need them anymore. Only had them so I could run localized versions of some MMO's.
Once again, many many thanks for this, will let you know if anything else goes wrong. I also have another PC that I moved as well, but haven't set it up as yet, so wonder if it will have the same issue. Was there something odd about this update to Windows Update that could have caused it by the machines being offline for so long?