Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Virtually every update fails installing.


03 Nov 2012   #1

7 home premium 64
 
 
Virtually every update fails installing.

Hey everyone,

I reinstalled Windows 7 on my computer a week ago when I bought an SSD, and then 8 came out, and I got it for super cheap so I decided to try it out. Well, I'm back to 7. ANYWAY, my issue is that virtually all of my updates are failing. I saw this problem before I "upgraded" to 8, and now I'm seeing it again. My computer stays on the "updating" screen for a while, and then says the updates fails, and reverts to the last known function version of Windows. So my computer is useable, but I would like to have my updates so I don't have to wait 5 minutes for Windows to scratch its butt and get on with life.

My error code is 800705B4.

I wanted to show a picture of exactly what I'm seeing in my update history, but don't really want to take the time to sign up for a picture hosting website. If you absolutely need it, I will. Basically, I have an update history with a long list of:
"Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB#######) FAILED, Recommended\Important, Date

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Nov 2012   #2

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Laptop 8.1 Pro all 64bit
 
 

Hello Zulukas and welcome try this

Windows Update error 800705b4
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2012   #3

Win 7 Pro x64 SP1, Win 7 Ult x86 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zulukas View Post
I wanted to show a picture of exactly what I'm seeing in my update history, but don't really want to take the time to sign up for a picture hosting website. If you absolutely need it, I will. Basically, I have an update history with a long list of:
"Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB#######) FAILED, Recommended\Important, Date
You don't need to use another site to include screen prints in SF.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 Nov 2012   #4

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Laptop 8.1 Pro all 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DavidW7ncus View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zulukas View Post
I wanted to show a picture of exactly what I'm seeing in my update history, but don't really want to take the time to sign up for a picture hosting website. If you absolutely need it, I will. Basically, I have an update history with a long list of:
"Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB#######) FAILED, Recommended\Important, Date
You don't need to use another site to include screen prints in SF.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
Absolutely Dave - missed that fact
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2012   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zulukas View Post
Hey everyone,

I reinstalled Windows 7 on my computer a week ago when I bought an SSD, and then 8 came out, and I got it for super cheap so I decided to try it out. Well, I'm back to 7. ANYWAY, my issue is that virtually all of my updates are failing. I saw this problem before I "upgraded" to 8, and now I'm seeing it again. My computer stays on the "updating" screen for a while, and then says the updates fails, and reverts to the last known function version of Windows. So my computer is useable, but I would like to have my updates so I don't have to wait 5 minutes for Windows to scratch its butt and get on with life.

My error code is 800705B4.

I wanted to show a picture of exactly what I'm seeing in my update history, but don't really want to take the time to sign up for a picture hosting website. If you absolutely need it, I will. Basically, I have an update history with a long list of:
"Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB#######) FAILED, Recommended\Important, Date

Zulukas,
I have found that downloading all the smaller updates first. The larger updates I downloaded one at a time. Doing it this way I have never had a problem when it comes to downloading updates. I do not have updates on automatic just "Notify me when there are updates"
Hope this helps you.
Dennis
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2012   #6

Win 7 Pro x64 SP1, Win 7 Ult x86 SP1
 
 

I also use "Notify me when there are updates" and review the available updates before installing.

I install an update for version changes or major system changes "one at a time" such as:
  • A new Security Essentials version
  • A new Internet Explorer version
  • A Service Pack update
  • A new Net Framework version
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Virtually every update fails installing.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Virtually every update fails installing.
Thread Forum
Solved Installing .Net 1.1 in Windows 7 Pro fails Software
Win7 home update fails, error 8007370B - cannot update, install SP1. Windows Updates & Activation
32 bit prg not installing - PSP setup fails Software
Windows Update fails in Update Check. Error code C80003FA. Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 Update fails to update when running updates Windows Updates & Activation
Solved Installing an .msi file fails - can't get into admin mode Software
Update fails Windows Updates & Activation

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33