On Wednesday Nov. 14 I installed 12 MS updates on my laptop, it took about 30 minutes to complete successfully.
I then attempted to do them on my Desktop. After 6 hours I finally got them installed but with errors. (sorry I can't remember the error codes) but I did find a 'Fix It' Troubleshooting app. Here are the files. Windows Update Troubleshooting Info.zip
I have run scans using Avast & Hitman Pro. nothing found.
I have tried restoring 3 System Images made using Acronis TIH 2010, Still the same.
My present download speed is 2215kbs.
I tried replacing the 'Microfilter, No change.
My Desktop is wired, Laptop wireless. Netgear DGN2000 router.
Everything on my Desktop was fully upto date before I started.
See PC Specs above my sig for more details.