Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Could not Windows 7 update KB2529073 and KB982018

10 Dec 2012   #1
solidid

Windows 7 Professional 32bit
 
 
Could not Windows 7 update KB2529073 and KB982018

I am using Windows 7 Professional 32bit, there is 2 important updates that always failed to install, that is KB2529073 and KB982018 (see attachment)

I already tried Windows Update Troubleshooter as suggested in this thread 2 recommended updates failed.
but unfortunately still failed to update

Anyone has any ideas how to fix this?


Thanks.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Dec 2012   #2
NoelDP

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)
 
 

Please follow the instructions at Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested logs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2012   #3
solidid

Windows 7 Professional 32bit
 
 

Thanks for reply, sorry my late reply.

Here we go the CBS log
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Dec 2012   #4
NoelDP

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)
 
 

You have a couple of major problems - your Event Log service is not functioning, and tyou have an SFC error defined by
Code:
2012-12-13 16:43:49, Info                  CSI    0000018f [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"WinSAT.exe" of Microsoft-Windows-WindowsSystemAssessmentTool, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
I suspect that your biggest problem lies in the Event Log services.....
Please open an Elevated Command Prompt window, and run teh following commands....

NET START EVENTLOG
NET START WECSVC
SC QUERYEX EVENTLOG
SC QUERYEX WECSVC

post the results.


Here are some instructions to make life easier
1) To open an Elevated Command Prompt Window (the ECP window), click on Start, All Programs, Accessories – then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator. Accept the UAC prompt.
2) To run the commands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on the highlight – select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at top left – select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the last command, so hit the Enter Key once.
3) To copy the results... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit... 'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to paste it into your response.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2012   #5
solidid

Windows 7 Professional 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
You have a couple of major problems - your Event Log service is not functioning, and tyou have an SFC error defined by
Code:
2012-12-13 16:43:49, Info                  CSI    0000018f [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"WinSAT.exe" of Microsoft-Windows-WindowsSystemAssessmentTool, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
I suspect that your biggest problem lies in the Event Log services.....
Please open an Elevated Command Prompt window, and run teh following commands....

NET START EVENTLOG
NET START WECSVC
SC QUERYEX EVENTLOG
SC QUERYEX WECSVC

post the results.


Here are some instructions to make life easier
1) To open an Elevated Command Prompt Window (the ECP window), click on Start, All Programs, Accessories then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator. Accept the UAC prompt.
2) To run the commands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on the highlight select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at top left select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the last command, so hit the Enter Key once.
3) To copy the results... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit... 'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to paste it into your response.
Thanks for your kind reply.
I did all the commands you told me, you can see all the command result by the screenshot I made, it covered everything.


Best and Hope it will be solved
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2012   #6
NoelDP

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)
 
 

Odd - it appears that the service is actually running, although CheckSUR complained that it wasn't able to save data. This could indicate a corrupted file, or a badly set attribute.
What happens if you attempt to open Event Viewer?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2012   #7
solidid

Windows 7 Professional 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
Odd - it appears that the service is actually running, although CheckSUR complained that it wasn't able to save data. This could indicate a corrupted file, or a badly set attribute.
What happens if you attempt to open Event Viewer?
Just open event viewer? there is nothing wrong when I open it, no error popups whatsoever (see screenshot).

Seems there is new update for Windows 7 today, all new updates seems installed properly, but now you can see another screenshots, that now KB2529073 is now gone, I dunno why the only stuck is now KB982018
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2012   #8
NoelDP

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)
 
 

Hmmm
OK
Click Start, then right-click Computer, and then clickManage. Agree to the UAC prompt.
Click the arrow next to System Tools. Do the same for Event Viewer and Windows Logs.
Click on System.
Click Action on the Menu Bar and click on Clear Log.
A window will pop up stating " You can save the contents of this log before cleaning it. "
Click the " Save and Clear " button.
Click on Desktop in the left frame and click the Save button.
Wait for the System Event log to clear.
Close Computer Management.

Now run the CheckSUR tool again, and post the new Checksur.log file
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2012   #9
solidid

Windows 7 Professional 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
Hmmm
OK
Click Start, then right-click Computer, and then clickManage. Agree to the UAC prompt.
Click the arrow next to System Tools. Do the same for Event Viewer and Windows Logs.
Click on System.
Click Action on the Menu Bar and click on Clear Log.
A window will pop up stating " You can save the contents of this log before cleaning it. "
Click the " Save and Clear " button.
Click on Desktop in the left frame and click the Save button.
Wait for the System Event log to clear.
Close Computer Management.

Now run the CheckSUR tool again, and post the new Checksur.log file
I could not save the event logs... check screenshot
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2012   #10
NoelDP

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)
 
 

I don't think the log will be an issue - just delete it (this error message seems to be a common one, from Vista up, and the only workaround is to use Save all events, then clear the history)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Could not Windows 7 update KB2529073 and KB982018




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 SP1 update failed, causing Windows Update errors
Hi, Running IE 9 and tried to update to IE 11. Said I needed to update my Windows 7, 64 to SP1. found the update and attempted to install. Install failed and message said "restart your computer and try again" tried again and it failed again. Now Windows Update cannot update the PC, error message...
Windows Updates & Activation
Help with downloading Microsoft Hotfix KB982018
My problem started recently where my WU became corrupted and no longer works. Along with this sundry other Windows functions have also gone down the pan. Having exhausted all fixes, sfc scans, Microsoft Helpdesks incl. remote, Toshiba - Intel - Seagate forums, I have been trying without success...
Windows Updates & Activation
Help with Windows Update Error: Windows Update Services not running.
Hello, can someone please help me with my problems about Windows Update I have tried to run Windows Update on my computer and received the following error message: I have also tried Farbar Service Scanner and i got this file Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows Update problems(Windows Update cannot crrently check for...)
Windows Update cannot crrently check for updates, becouse the service is not running.You may need to restart your computer. That the problem i have with my windows udate in services.msc i dont have Windows Update folder file or whatever, when i bought my computer i remeber that i asked not to...
Windows Updates & Activation
BSOD every few days after update KB982018
Hey there. This is my first time asking for help with my laptop, but I've run out of ideas for what to do here. I can't restore my computer to a date before this update was installed as it doesn't show up in the restore menu, and I'm starting to get worried that it could cause serious harm to my...
BSOD Help and Support
KB982018 & KB2522422 Update Failure
Hello: Saw the other thread re: today's patches, but since I am having trouble with 2 of them, I opted to start a new thread (I hope that's OK). Installed 4 of the 6 just fine, with a reboot for KB2515325. However, when I tried the 2 listed in my subject title, even though the initial...
Windows Updates & Activation

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App