Hi again Ryan
Yes, in short this is what happened:
- Windows Update stated I needed the KB and started downloading.
- I saw that the KB was big so I went offline so Windows would stop the download.
- I then downloaded the KB myself, at work (where bandwidth is free
) and installed it while staying offline
- I then went online again and asked Windows Update which updates I still needed (if any). It told me nope, I am totally updated
- Then I looked at my connection and there were still lots of MBs being downloaded to my PC. I used NetLimiter to see which app was doing this. The app was 'svchost', the PID belonged to Windows Update and the IP pointed to Microsoft, so I am assuming it's Windows Update still downloading.
- Now, every time I go online (like I am now), tons are still being downloaded to me, from that same IP.
- While replying here, as an indication, I have already downloading 50MBs.
At this point in the game, I am just going to let Windows do the download and chew away at my 3g Cap. Serves me right for living in ol' Africa, right? :-)