Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: W7-64bit Feb-2013 Updates; KB2799494 Failed, Error Code 80070057


13 Feb 2013   #11

Windows 7 Home Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
The CheckSUR results may show more.
So I downloaded this and did "install" and it is still running.
Is the "install" the running ?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Feb 2013   #12

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)
 
 

Yep- it can take anywhere between 5 minutes and a couple of hours - just give it time
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2013   #13

Windows 7 Home Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
Yep- it can take anywhere between 5 minutes and a couple of hours - just give it time
Done, where is log ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Feb 2013   #14

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thekochs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
Yep- it can take anywhere between 5 minutes and a couple of hours - just give it time
Done, where is log ?
%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log
%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

Post both
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2013   #15

Windows 7 Home Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thekochs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
Yep- it can take anywhere between 5 minutes and a couple of hours - just give it time
Done, where is log ?
%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log
%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

Post both
Here ya go....thx !!!!
The "install"/run ran for about 5 minutes.


Attached Files
File Type: zip CheckSUR.persist.zip (676 Bytes, 4 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2013   #16

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)
 
 

They are also clear.

That means that we have a more subtle error.
Please run the following commands in an elevated Command Prompt, and post the results.

SC QC WinHttpAutoProxySvc
SC QUERYEX WinHttpAutoProxySvc
NET STOP WinHttpAutoProxySvc


Here are some instructions to make life easier
1) To open an Elevated Command Prompt Window (the ECP window), click on Start, All Programs, Accessories – then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator. Accept the UAC prompt.
2) To run the commands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on the highlight – select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at top left – select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the last command, so hit the Enter Key once.
3) To copy the results... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit... 'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to paste it into your response.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2013   #17

Windows 7 Home Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
They are also clear.

That means that we have a more subtle error.
Please run the following commands in an elevated Command Prompt, and post the results.

SC QC WinHttpAutoProxySvc
SC QUERYEX WinHttpAutoProxySvc
NET STOP WinHttpAutoProxySvc


Here are some instructions to make life easier
1) To open an Elevated Command Prompt Window (the ECP window), click on Start, All Programs, Accessories then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator. Accept the UAC prompt.
2) To run the commands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on the highlight select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at top left select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the last command, so hit the Enter Key once.
3) To copy the results... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit... 'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to paste it into your response.
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Windows\system32>cd\
C:\>SC QC WinHttpAutoProxySvc
[SC] QueryServiceConfig SUCCESS
SERVICE_NAME: WinHttpAutoProxySvc
TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
START_TYPE : 3 DEMAND_START
ERROR_CONTROL : 1 NORMAL
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
TAG : 0
DISPLAY_NAME : WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service
DEPENDENCIES : Dhcp
SERVICE_START_NAME : NT AUTHORITY\LocalService
C:\>SC QUERYEX WinHttpAutoProxySvc
SERVICE_NAME: WinHttpAutoProxySvc
TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
STATE : 1 STOPPED
WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
CHECKPOINT : 0x0
WAIT_HINT : 0x0
PID : 0
FLAGS :
C:\>NET STOP WinHttpAutoProxySvc
The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service is not started.
More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3521.

C:\>
C:\>
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2013   #18

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)
 
 

Hmm - that looks normal (one of the possible solutions was to ensure that the service is stopped, and then attempt installation)

Please try installing using the downloaded update, from a Clean Boot - it may get around any interferences.
How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2013   #19

Windows 7 Home Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
Hmm - that looks normal (one of the possible solutions was to ensure that the service is stopped, and then attempt installation)

Please try installing using the downloaded update, from a Clean Boot - it may get around any interferences.
How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
How about a reboot and do F8 for safe mode and try to install from there ?

BTW...looks like one other person is fishing for an answer...different error code but same update.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...0-482e0d269288
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2013   #20

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)
 
 

The TrustedInstaller service cannot run in Safe Mode - so you can't install updates that way.

Their error code implies that there is another update pending which needs to complete prior to attempting to install this one - a very different situation.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 W7-64bit Feb-2013 Updates; KB2799494 Failed, Error Code 80070057




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: W7-64bit Feb-2013 Updates; KB2799494 Failed, Error Code 80070057
Thread Forum
Error Code 800B0100 8 failed windows updates Windows Updates & Activation
MSE updates failed, error code 0xc8000222 System Security
Getting an error code 80073712 while trying to install KB2799494 Windows Updates & Activation
Error Code 315, Spooler Operation Failed BSOD Help and Support
always getting failed updates, shows error code 80070057 Windows Updates & Activation
IE9 Update Failed - Error code 9c48 Windows Updates & Activation
all the updates failed! Fresh install of Win 7 64bit home premium! Windows Updates & Activation

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33