|04 Mar 2013||#1|
| || |
Code 8007065E when installing KB2778344
Code 8007065E: Windows Update encountered an unknown error.
Steps I've tried so far:
1. SFC /scannow - Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
2. Reboot into Clean Startup (No non-Microsoft Services or startup
3. Disable Antivirus (AVG Free)
4. Download and Run Windows Update Readiness Hotfix
5. Download Manual Update Installation file and attempt to install (Windows6.1-KB2778344-x64.msu): fails
6. extract contents of Windows6.1-KB2778344-x64.msu to folder
7. copy files from cab into appropriate folders according to 'checksur.log' file under 'Unavailable repair files:'
I was able to find all files in the extracted download except the following:
Unavailable repair files:
I see the 'rtm' version of these files, but could not locate these specific file names...
I am hoping someone can help me get these last few files into place so this update will successfully install.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Code 8007065E when installing KB2778344|
|Persistent Windows Update errors 800B0100 and 8007065E - CheckSUR||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Windows Update Error Code 800B0100 and 8007065E||Windows Updates & Activation|
|BSODs with KB2778344||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Error code 800B0100 & 8007065E... Need Help||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Windows Update errors Code 800B0100 and Code 8007065E, tried everythin||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Windows unable to update: error code : 8007065E||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Win7 Update Issues (800B0100; 8007065E; KB947821)||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 AM.