|06 Jun 2013||#1|
| || |
Last Updates Related Issues
I'm using 2009 Toshiba Windows 7, etc...
The other problem-- not related to browser --related to my start-up ---and that now appears to be fixed, since i went to my Toshiba page and downloaded some file. Sorry I forget what it was not BIOS related tho, as best as i recall(?)
So first I started getting a stretched sign-in page and the cursor would not work, so
i would have to force quit with power button and restart, this worked ok/fixed almost every time after i did that once,
tho some other times instead of stretced screen at sign-in, I would only get black screen, but power button off fixed it each time,
and one time got no cursor movement after getting to desktop, power-off fixed it.
This was getting to be problem almost every time, varying with differrent problem diffferrent times.
So, again, what ever I inloaded from Toshiba files appears to have fixed my problem because the stretched screen with non-operative cursor has not happen even once since or any of the other problems that were becoming regular problem.
Still have the new problem with browsers tho and they were not a problem with IE10, until this most recent batch of updates.
I installed IE10 when it first came out. Used and reported as some others here no significant problems for two three or so months now.
recently tho, after the last batch of updates, I too kept loosing my saved web forums information like passwords. So now I have to deselect "cache" and maybe another box. I was frustrated so I stopped using IE10 and got Firefox, but the same issue continues with firefox.
So as of now, I do not clean caches in IE10--- never a problem before the recent updates --- or Firefox. Its been a little confusing to establish which boxes to check or not. Since it is simlar issue with both IE10 and Firefox, tho here again it has become a little confusing but I do know that either the given checkmarks in clearing history stuff "cache and cookies" one or the other has to be deselected i.e. cannot go with the standard( defautl ) givens.
That is why I think it issue deeper than a single browser issue.
|My System Specs|
|08 Jun 2013||#3|
| || |
2) I did go to some Seven Forums repair page-- a few days back ---and followed process to boot from repair or recovery disk, and run the cfs or CBS scannow/ scan\\ etc....terminnal command something or another and it did the process and stated no problems found or nothing found, whatever.
3) as stated previously, since I inloaded some file from Toshiba site, have not had any of the previous start-up issues, until this morning, see #5 below,
4) I.E10 issue with saving password has gotten worse, but I'm ok to just use Firefox for now,
5) this morning had new issue, where MS Mail program froze with spining blue circle/wheel, so shut off a few times, and problem only got worse each time, tho was able to get to my user screen,
so I took out battery of this Tosiba 2009 laptop, and then the HD, then put them both in and booted safe mode--- first time on any computer ever ---and ran Windows 7's chk disc( HD ) and it is find no problems.
6) so rebooted normal and everything--- except IE10 ---appears to be functioning normally,
7) so, i went to your link above as stated I have not gotten any error messages during last updates or since
and if I were to load a readyness tool program, I don't know if I'm x86 x64 based?
I'm using 32 bit system because of computer I believe. Guess I could do the Belarc thing and see if it states x86 or x64 based thinkg. My guess is 64 based thing.
For now tho, since there were no error messages, and all appears functioning normally for last two starts--- including MS Mail program ---I think I will hold off on more complex research using readyness program for updates, even tho my problems did seem to start after the last batch of updates two or three weeks back.
Thx for your concern and help.
I also ran quick scan of Avast AV and Malwarebytes today and they found nothing on the quick scans.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Last Updates Related Issues|
|3 Separate USB Issues that I suspect are related!||Hardware & Devices|
|Gaming/Performance related updates released after SP1||Performance & Maintenance|
|having some issues related to library locations||General Discussion|
|multiple computer issues that seem to be related||Performance & Maintenance|
|Possible spam related issues on my IP address||System Security|
|foobar2000 related issues||Sound & Audio|