I've been trying to install Service Pack 1 on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit system for the last week or so without any joy. I have tried numerous solutions from installing all the current windows updates to performing a full system format - all of which have failed. I'll list below the steps i have already performed together with the recent CBS log.
1) Performed a full memory test with memtest68 for approx 5hrs - No errors found!
2) Performed a disk check with Western Digital Life Guard utility and also windows CHKDSK
3) I have run SFC with full administrator privileges and mostly i receive the following message: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. I repeat the SFC until no violations have been found.
4) I Have run the system Readiness Tool and also installed the 64 bit KB2454826, KB2533552 & KB2534366
5) I have performed several formats. My system as it stands now is completely bare except several windows updates & the Readiness Tool. No Antivirus is currently installed.
6) I have run the Windows Update Diagnostic which gives me the following errors no matter how many times i run the tool: Windows Update Error 0x80070057 (Not Fixed
). Problems installing recent updates (Not fixed
). Check for missing or corrupted files (Detected
). Some security settings are missing or have been changed (Fixed
). Service registration is missing or corrupt (Fixed
7) I have tried running the SP1 update from Windows Update and receive the following error: 80070017
8) I have downloaded the full SP1 ISO from the Microsoft website and receive the following error: CRYPT_E_HASH_VALUE (0x80091007)
Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated as i am absolutely pulling my hair out!