Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows cannot update

15 Apr 2014   #21
NoelDP

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)/Win10
 
 

reboot - it should then be unloaded
If not, reboot to Safe Mode, and copy it there.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Apr 2014   #22
Rookie27

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
reboot - it should then be unloaded
If not, reboot to Safe Mode, and copy it there.
Alright, here it is. http://1drv.ms/1hHAjiQ
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2014   #23
NoelDP

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)/Win10
 
 

great - It's going to take me some time to get things together

In the meantime, PLease download and save to the desktop SFCFix.exe from here - http://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe - and double-click to run it, accepting the warnings.
It will create a new SFCFix.txt file on your desktop - please attach that to a reply.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Apr 2014   #24
Rookie27

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
great - It's going to take me some time to get things together

In the meantime, PLease download and save to the desktop SFCFix.exe from here - http://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe - and double-click to run it, accepting the warnings.
It will create a new SFCFix.txt file on your desktop - please attach that to a reply.
Hey, sorry for troubling you man. How much does a beer cost in Wales? I'll send the money to your PayPal.

SFCFix.exe ran a lot quicker than expected (It said it would take at least 10-15 minutes, but it only took a few seconds). It said some corruptions could not be fixed, here's the log file.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2014   #25
NoelDP

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)/Win10
 
 

I do this for fun, not money - but if you happen to be in the area, you can buy me a pint then

The reason that it ran so quick is probably that the main grunt-work (SFC and CheckSUR) had already been done and it took a look at the results an knew it couldn't deal with them. I'm still learning what this tool is capable of in default mode like this.

back later.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2014   #26
Rookie27

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
I do this for fun, not money - but if you happen to be in the area, you can buy me a pint then

The reason that it ran so quick is probably that the main grunt-work (SFC and CheckSUR) had already been done and it took a look at the results an knew it couldn't deal with them. I'm still learning what this tool is capable of in default mode like this.

back later.
Hahaha.. I've never been to the UK. Hopefully some day.

How can I thank you then?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2014   #27
NoelDP

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)/Win10
 
 

the gesture is enough - and click on the 'scales' icon on a post of mine, which gives me a little kudos

I don't think I'm going to make a sensible response this evening - I'll try for tomorrow!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2014   #28
Rookie27

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
the gesture is enough - and click on the 'scales' icon on a post of mine, which gives me a little kudos

I don't think I'm going to make a sensible response this evening - I'll try for tomorrow!
Done.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Apr 2014   #29
NoelDP

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)/Win10
 
 

OK - I think I know what I'm doing now

Just to check, I'm only going to attempt to fix the first two errors in the list, and see how we get on from there.

I've uploaded a file - r27ab.zip - to my OneDrive at Noel's OneDrive
Please download and save it to your desktop.
Right-click on the saved file and select Extract all...
Save it to the default location
This should create a file r27ab.reg in a folder r27ab

Now open an Elevated Command Prompt, and run the following command

REG LOAD HKLM\COMPONENTS C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS

right-click on the file, and select Merge
Accept the warnings, - you should then get a 'Success' message.
Close all windows, and reboot.

Then run a new CheckSUR scan, and post the new CheckSUR.log file.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Apr 2014   #30
Rookie27

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
OK - I think I know what I'm doing now

Just to check, I'm only going to attempt to fix the first two errors in the list, and see how we get on from there.

I've uploaded a file - r27ab.zip - to my OneDrive at Noel's OneDrive
Please download and save it to your desktop.
Right-click on the saved file and select Extract all...
Save it to the default location
This should create a file r27ab.reg in a folder r27ab

Now open an Elevated Command Prompt, and run the following command

REG LOAD HKLM\COMPONENTS C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS

right-click on the file, and select Merge
Accept the warnings, - you should then get a 'Success' message.
Close all windows, and reboot.

Then run a new CheckSUR scan, and post the new CheckSUR.log file.
Hey, how have you been?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows cannot update




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 - Update KB976932 and KB982526 update failure- error 800b100
Hey, I'm trying to install update KB976932 (Windows Service pack 1 for 64bit) and KB982526 (Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1) but I keep getting error 800b100 which stops me from doing so. I've tried deactivating my firewall; manually installing from the microsoft website; and using the...
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 SP1 update failed, causing Windows Update errors
Hi, Running IE 9 and tried to update to IE 11. Said I needed to update my Windows 7, 64 to SP1. found the update and attempted to install. Install failed and message said "restart your computer and try again" tried again and it failed again. Now Windows Update cannot update the PC, error message...
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows Update Update KB2887535 code 800F0900 corrupt files ?
Hello, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 with Windows Updates set to download but no install yet, since many tools start at startup. However our friends decided to install Windows Update Agent 7.6.7600.320 without asking. This caused a full hang of the system, including frozen mousepointer....
Windows Updates & Activation
Help with Windows Update Error: Windows Update Services not running.
Hello, can someone please help me with my problems about Windows Update I have tried to run Windows Update on my computer and received the following error message: I have also tried Farbar Service Scanner and i got this file Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Windows Updates & Activation
Unable to install Windows Update: Update Kernel-mode driver framework
I am unable to update the Kernel-mode driver framework ver 1.11 for windows 7 for x64-based systems (KB2685811). I get error: 80073712 Also, I am getting BSOD/stop errors in normal mode that say anything from: -memory_management 0x0000000001a, - "A device driver attempting to corrupt the...
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows Update problems(Windows Update cannot crrently check for...)
Windows Update cannot crrently check for updates, becouse the service is not running.You may need to restart your computer. That the problem i have with my windows udate in services.msc i dont have Windows Update folder file or whatever, when i bought my computer i remeber that i asked not to...
Windows Updates & Activation


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:04.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App