Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: New month New updates

14 Jul 2015   #1
robinb9

Windows 7 Pro 32/64 bit and Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit/64bit
 
 
New month New updates

Anyone see problems yet with updates for july in windows 7?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Jul 2015   #2
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Not yet Robin seem fine so far
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jul 2015   #3
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

No, not yet here too.

The only thing is that it has rebooted twice to finish install all the Security Updates.

The KB3065987 is the only non-security update in the all lot and you can choose or not to hide.

BTW, i received a mail warning me, from MS Corp:

Quote:
Greetings,

I am reaching out to you because our records show that you have previously received KB2545479 related to a memory leak that occurs on single-threaded COM+ applications. We have recently discovered that the hotfix included in this KB was incomplete, but may have masked the symptoms of the issue in some configurations. The hotfix also conflicts with an upcoming Security Update on Tuesday, July 14th and thus the hotfix is not included in that update. We would like to advise that, if you have the hotfix deployed, you should review your environment to verify whether the issue reported in the original KB article persists after you have deployed the Tuesday update. If you do experience issues, please work with your Microsoft representative to report the issue and we will work to deliver a new hotfix if necessary.

Thank you!

-Jesse McGatha

Senior Program Manager Lead

Microsoft Corporation
One that i might have ask as hotfix KB2545479, that i have never installed (doesn't showing up on my machine, though).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Jul 2015   #4
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

As far as I know Microsoft does not send out email like that.
I would be very careful of such email.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jul 2015   #5
Jesse Williams

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
No, not yet here too.

The only thing is that it has rebooted twice to finish install all the Security Updates.

The KBKb3065987 is the only non-security update in the all lot and you can choose or not to hide.

BTW, i received a mail warning me, from MS Corp:

Quote:
Greetings,

I am reaching out to you because our records show that you have previously received KB2545479 related to a memory leak that occurs on single-threaded COM+ applications. We have recently discovered that the hotfix included in this KB was incomplete, but may have masked the symptoms of the issue in some configurations. The hotfix also conflicts with an upcoming Security Update on Tuesday, July 14th and thus the hotfix is not included in that update. We would like to advise that, if you have the hotfix deployed, you should review your environment to verify whether the issue reported in the original KB article persists after you have deployed the Tuesday update. If you do experience issues, please work with your Microsoft representative to report the issue and we will work to deliver a new hotfix if necessary.

Thank you!

-Jesse McGatha

Senior Program Manager Lead

Microsoft Corporation
One that i might have ask as hotfix KB2545479, that i have never installed (doesn't showing up on my machine, though).
Mine rebooted twice too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jul 2015   #6
jamis

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1
 
 

Received 18 updates with two being reissues of W10 prep. updates. Hid those two and installed the rest. System did two boots after the installs. So far, no issues.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jul 2015   #7
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

I only did 16 Important updates
Left 1 Optional alone = the bottom one
Mine only restarted once
Attachment 365934
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jul 2015   #8
OvenMaster

Win7 Pro 32bit; Zorin OS 9 Core (in VM)
 
 

The only issue I had is that KB3035583 keeps popping up even after hiding it. So I just keep hiding it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2015   #9
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
As far as I know Microsoft does not send out email like that.
I would be very careful of such email.
Yes, its pretty odd for a single machine!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2015   #10
gdfsgdfg

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Here's what updates I won't install since they are useless and will not improve anything.
http://i.imgur.com/tp1DB9I.png

Especially KB3033929 which can potentially leave your PC in a reboot loop.....
kb3045645 also refuses to install
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 New month New updates




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows updates continue to fail. Addnl new failure every month.
Hello, I am looking for some help with Windows Update. I have 11 updates that fail every time I try to run them. Every month when Microsoft releases new updates, I will typically have at least one new update that fails and adds to my growing list of failures. I am on a Dell XPS8500 running...
Windows Updates & Activation
New Month New Security Updates- so how bad were they?
Good bad or whatever but did you have any problems with any of them? I have not done mine yet but I would like to know which ones might have given you problems thanks robin
Windows Updates & Activation
Ok New Month New Windows updates-So?
any problems doing them and also what are the updates for, I cannot get it to load to show me on ie what they are for, maybe their servers are backed up for now. This is what I got below, have not installed as of yet- waiting to see what happens to everyone else.
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows Security Updates for this month- any problems?
here we go again, I got 11, installed fine on my windows 7 machine but before i go and install them on all the rest anyone see any problems? btw kb2863058, when click on "View more info" it comes to a page that says "oops the page does not exist" and I cannot find anywhere what this update is...
Windows Updates & Activation
This Month's Windows Updates- Any Problems?
ok I just saw that for my windows 7 there are 10 updates as per my picture I know it is early yet since they just came in about a half hr ago on the East Part of the USA but once you have installed them can you please post over the next few days if you had any problems with them. After the last...
Windows Updates & Activation


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:08.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App