Every one of my updates installed except for this one: "Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7." Originally when I tried to install them all at once, during startup, Windows Update would stop at a certain percentage and tell me that all of them failed. So I installed them separately. Every one of them installed, except for this one, which happens to be the largest of them all, at least 8 times larger! (7.1 MB)
I have observed the installation of these Updates, and it occurred to me that WU only takes so much time to Update (this may or may not be normal behavior). Apparently, this file takes too much time to install, so as a result, it fails. That is just a theory, but makes sense due to what I noticed.
I have tried disabling AVG, uninstalling Stardock products, disk cleanup, but nothing has worked. Someone enlighten me to what the real issue is here and how to fix it. I have attached my log file (CBS.log) for you to look at. (It will not upload without a zipped folder)