|10 Jun 2010||#1|
| || |
Windows Update error 80246008 : system infected !?
Some days ago out of a sudden my system doesn't work any more smoothly. The only thing I did were some deinstallations of programs and the installation of some downloaded programs - I did this under an account without elevated rights, though I was also prompted to give the administrator password which I regularly did.
Here are the symptoms of my corrupted system :
1. If I boot the system and sign on an Installer process automatically starts. It refers to the Nitro PDF Profesional program ( which I also tried to install some days ago ). The dialog window disappears after some time without further notice.
2. Every installation of a program fails : I get a message box which says that the dirctory C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows could not be created.
3. Now the worst : the Windows Update ends with the error message 80246008. I found that the BIST-service ( Background Intelligent Transfer Service ) can be found but isn't started what obviously hampers the update. The manual start fails.
The problem seems to be known since Vista times.
4. An application which I regularly use and which uses Adobe AIR fails to run out of a sudden. I could add screen captures of the messages, but they are in german language and so probably not helpful here.
5. I found a program ( recently installed ) which causes on startup the Installer to become active trying to install a program which is already installed on the system.
A .msi file out of the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
is activated and requests the administrator password. If I deny this, an infinite loop of Installer-starts begins.
Is this system infected or destroyed by malware ? A complete scan for viruses and Malicious Software gave no hits. I also deactivated some programs on system startup but this had no effect.
May someone have left a nice "present" on my system ?
I have the bad feeling that some uninstall program messed the system - this has disappeared from the system, so it can't be found any more.
Is it possible that the simple visit of an infected Web Page can be so harmful ?
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Windows Update error 80246008 : system infected !?|
|Windows Update Error 80246008 in Windows 7 - Fix||Tutorials|
|Update error 80246008, Restart on Shutdown, dll startup error||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Windows Update Error after restoring system||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Unable to install Windows Updates, error 80246008||Windows Updates & Activation|
|System infected after removing trojan. System changes on its own.||System Security|
|Windows Update Error 80246008 and more problems||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Update error 80246008 with BITS unable to start||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 AM.