Show us your Unigine Heaven benchmark scores!

Page 19 of 180 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129119 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 26,448
    Windows 11 Pro
       #181

    Tommy, I know this is not the right place for this discussion. But, IMO, the 3770K is a better CPU than anything AMD makes. Most people agree including Passmark CPU ratings. But, there is nothing wrong with AMD CPU's. For most of us and what we do, neither yours or mine will be challanged. I doubt you do anything on a daily basis that your CPU struggles with. So, it boils down to if you are into having the best benchmarks and the best scores on artificial tests, then switch. If you are into playing games and the every day stuff we all do, you will see little difference probably. It's just like your 2 7970's. Heaven is an artificial benchmark and is made to stress any GPU and give a score for it. In real life, there is not a game out that will even push your 7970s. So, it's like saying you need another 7970 to get a better score on Heaven. But, another 7970 will not get you any more FPS in a game most likely, so why change.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 7,470
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
       #182

    essenbe said:
    Tommy, I know this is not the right place for this discussion. But, IMO, the 3770K is a better CPU than anything AMD makes. Most people agree including Passmark CPU ratings. But, there is nothing wrong with AMD CPU's. For most of us and what we do, neither yours or mine will be challanged. I doubt you do anything on a daily basis that your CPU struggles with. So, it boils down to if you are into having the best benchmarks and the best scores on artificial tests, then switch. If you are into playing games and the every day stuff we all do, you will see little difference probably. It's just like your 2 7970's. Heaven is an artificial benchmark and is made to stress any GPU and give a score for it. In real life, there is not a game out that will even push your 7970s. So, it's like saying you need another 7970 to get a better score on Heaven. But, another 7970 will not get you any more FPS in a game most likely, so why change.

    No doubt ,The scores are very Impressive though as far as intel goes

    I have had them before and often thought of building another which to me wouldn't be a problem all i would need is a CPU and Board and you are right really won't see that much of a difference in real world and Benchmarks only prove so much because half of the stuff out there won't max any of it out
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 11,425
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
       #183

    Tommy,
    I don't post to make any point with regards to AMD or Intel having never used the Diamond 6870 with my AMD rig I have no point of reference. In fact to Steve's point I in many ways like my 8120 rig better. I love the fact that you can score a AMD chip for realistically half of the cost of the 3770k and OC it to such a high degree.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 7,470
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
       #184

    linnemeyerhere said:
    Tommy,
    I don't post to make any point with regards to AMD or Intel having never used the Diamond 6870 with my AMD rig I have no point of reference. In fact to Steve's point I in many ways like my 8120 rig better. I love the fact that you can score a AMD chip for realistically half of the cost of the 3770k and OC it to such a high degree.
    Indeed I love all my AMD gear once I get into something I stick with it as you seen over the years

    I kept updating all my stuff this is a hobbie for me and I'm the only one who honestly cares about it in my everyday group of friends and Family offline from here

    I would build one just for the sake of it all like i said before have owned many in the past and they are the same to me as what is running in my case now

    But honestly right now I'm into my Android I picked up back in Dec with the OS ICS -Ice Cream Sandwhich
    I have changed my interface into a windows phone and have apps that work like my Pc finding it very interesting and addicting but that is what i am into as of now but the statement about building a rig would be one day just not now.....
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 11,425
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
       #185

    Tommy,
    Sounds like you're getting a great kick out of the droid. You'll have to give me some lessons so I can tune mine. Let's grab a brew one of these days and have a laugh over these phones and blogs ! Cheers
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 7,470
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
       #186

    linnemeyerhere said:
    Tommy,
    Sounds like you're getting a great kick out of the droid. You'll have to give me some lessons so I can tune mine. Let's grab a brew one of these days and have a laugh over these phones and blogs ! Cheers
    For sure my friend still ask about you
    I know you're a busy man so just text me when you think you'll have a free weekend
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 6,077
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
       #187

    Hi Solar,

    To be fair, the main reason my 7970 appeared to score so high was due to having Lucid MVP turned on, I don't know if you have heard of this?

    "The technology behind it is actually quite complicated, but talking to some people the best way to explain it is that Lucid Virtu MVP has the ability to make use of unused CPU cycles to help increase overall video performance."

    Without this on I managed the score below, which is still pretty impressive for a single card, but way off the score with Lucid on.

    I figured I would highlight this as my previous result could be misleading to someone who has not heard of or used Lucid MVP.

    Cheers

    Paul.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Unigine Heaven benchmark scores!-heaven1.png  
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 7,470
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
       #188

    Acorrding to this article it only enhances one GPU so getting a second one wouldn't work it says and disables features because it doesn't like Sli or CF set ups


    Lucid's Virtu MVP Has No Love for SLI and CrossFire Users on Intel Z77 Platform -

    I understand about it now very nice boost for a single card mine are running 1100/1500 gets the job done regardless

    I see Lucid Mvp is only for Intel boards cool feature none the less
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 3,118
    Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
       #189

    I made a post about virtu MVP in our forums to see if anyone had any experience with it. One of the lad's had tested it a while ago.
    His reply
    It gives 'false' results in benchmarks for some reason.

    The increase in games is minimal.

    I've used it on my set-up ( similar to your friends set-up )

    i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
    8Gb RAM @ 2133MHz
    Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 mobo
    ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP

    I ran a series of FRAPS tests in BF3 with this on and off, and there was next to no performance difference
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 26,448
    Windows 11 Pro
       #190

    ganjiry, I've read a little on it and I don't think it gives false results. What I've read is that some benchmarks and tests as well as games are programmed to recognize it and others don't. So, it isn't a false result, it's just that the program or game has to be programmed to use it, otherwise it won't use it. I've also read that it can even hurt you in some games. To me, it's just typical of new technology. Some programs take longer than others to catch up.
      My Computer


 
Page 19 of 180 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129119 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:52.
Find Us