Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Firefox 4.0 Beta 4 Download a Taste

24 Aug 2010   #11
Nem

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1, Archlinux x86_64. Elementary Luna
 
 

I forgot where i seen it but i heard that they plan making it go up to like BETA 7. Is this true?..if so it should be a 2011 release then.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Aug 2010   #12
s31

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

“Publicly, we think it’s best to start moving away from associating a number to a particular release. As of now, we have 7 scheduled Betas, and there is a possibility that we may need to have more,” Mesa noted."

Firefox Beta 4, 5, 6, 7 Coming, and All Betas Are Equal - Softpedia
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2010   #13
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Firefox 4.0b4 runs extremely quick on Ubuntu 10.10 (daily) and OS X 10.6.4. However it is rather sluggish on Windows. Same goes for 4.0b5pre
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Aug 2010   #14
swarfega

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Yea Im finding the same, tbh Im not holding out much hope for 4, compared to the speed of other browsers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2010   #15
BCXtreme

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Running Firefox 4 beta 4 with hardware acceleration on Windows 7 x64, absolutely lightning fast. DarkNovaGamer and swarfega, do you have a lot of addons installed in your Windows install of Firefox?

P.S. And finally, we can turn off that new "feature" that makes Windows 7's taskbar treats every tab like a separate window!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2010   #16
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BCXtreme View Post
Running Firefox 4 beta 4 with hardware acceleration on Windows 7 x64, absolutely lightning fast. DarkNovaGamer and swarfega, do you have a lot of addons installed in your Windows install of Firefox?

P.S. And finally, we can turn off that new "feature" that makes Windows 7's taskbar treats every tab like a separate window!
Not running any extensions that are not default. This installation of Windows has only ran Opera and Google Chrome since it was installed, this is the first install of Firefox that is has gotten. It loads horrendously slow compared to Google Chrome and Opera.

You could turn that feature off via about:config before.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2010   #17
BCXtreme

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BCXtreme View Post
Running Firefox 4 beta 4 with hardware acceleration on Windows 7 x64, absolutely lightning fast. DarkNovaGamer and swarfega, do you have a lot of addons installed in your Windows install of Firefox?

P.S. And finally, we can turn off that new "feature" that makes Windows 7's taskbar treats every tab like a separate window!
Not running any extensions that are not default. This installation of Windows has only ran Opera and Google Chrome since it was installed, this is the first install of Firefox that is has gotten. It loads horrendously slow compared to Google Chrome and Opera.
That's very strange. Mine only takes a couple of seconds, and that's even with multiple addons and over a dozen saved tabs.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
You could turn that feature off via about:config before.
Didn't know that. Wish I had, that feature was driving me crazy. Having it as a visible option is still nice though, instead of it just being buried in about:config.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2010   #18
Wii Master 64

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Firefox 4 runs pretty fast for me as well. I actually turned the tab previews on in the tab bar back in 3.5 or so. I thought and still think it's a nice feature.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2010   #19
Snowdog

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
Not running any extensions that are not default. This installation of Windows has only ran Opera and Google Chrome since it was installed, this is the first install of Firefox that is has gotten. It loads horrendously slow compared to Google Chrome and Opera.
Define horrendously slow.
I timed it with my watch:
FF 4.b4 1-2 seconds.
FF 3.6.8 3-4 seconds.

I guess that is 1 or 2 seconds you will never get back.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Aug 2010   #20
Josh7

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

I was wondering do add on's not work for the beta? I have 2 add on's from my regular firefox it says incompatible does that mean it wont ever work or it just wont work right now?

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Firefox 4.0 Beta 4 Download a Taste




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Firefox 4.0 Beta 8 Download a Taste
More - Firefox 4.0 Beta 8 Download a Taste - Softpedia
Browsers & Mail
Firefox 4.0 Beta 3 Download a Taste
Source - Firefox 4.0 Beta 3 Download a Taste - The release was postponed to next week - Softpedia
News
Download Firefox 3.6 Lorentz Beta.
Source - Download Firefox 3.6 Lorentz Beta (3.6.3 Plugin 1 / v3.6.4) - Will most probably be served as Firefox 3.6.4 to users - Softpedia
Browsers & Mail
Firefox 3.7 Alpha 2 Download a Taste.
Source - Firefox 3.7 Alpha 2 Download a Taste - With hardware acceleration and OOPP - Softpedia
Browsers & Mail
Firefox 3.6 Beta Available for Download
Source
Browsers & Mail
Firefox 3.6 Beta Download Now Live
Mozilla Firefox version 3.6 beta RC1 is now available for download from Mozilla's servers. A couple of features that appear in the 3.6 beta candidate: control-tab previews taskbar thumbnail previews on Windows 7
Browsers & Mail


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:12.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App