Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: IE8 and Outlook 2008 problems

14 Sep 2010   #1
Hoopey

windows 7
 
 
IE8 and Outlook 2008 problems

I am having problems sending e-mail links from " send link by E-mail" under "page" on IE8. If i try to do this it will not open up my outlook programme to enable me to e-mail the link and causes problems in closing down IE8. I then have to open task manager to close down IE8.

I am sure that this is a recent problem as i have used this feature in the past without problem.

Any ideas anybody ?

Thyanks in advance

Huw


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Sep 2010   #2
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hoopey View Post
I am having problems sending e-mail links from " send link by E-mail" under "page" on IE8. If i try to do this it will not open up my outlook programme to enable me to e-mail the link and causes problems in closing down IE8. I then have to open task manager to close down IE8.

I am sure that this is a recent problem as i have used this feature in the past without problem.

Any ideas anybody ?

Thyanks in advance

Huw

Huw,

Recheck the following -

*Go to IE 8 TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > PROGRAMS (tab )> INTERNET PROGRAMS> SET PROGRAMS> SET PROGRAM ACCESS AND COMPUTER DEFAULTS> CUSTOM> CHOOSE A DEFAULT EMAIL PROGRAM> and select your email program there.
Make sure "Enable access to this program" is checked.

*restart your computer.


Let us know how you go.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2010   #3
roncerr

Windows 8 Pro w/MC 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
...*Go to IE 8 TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > PROGRAMS (tab )> INTERNET PROGRAMS> SET PROGRAMS> SET PROGRAM ACCESS AND COMPUTER DEFAULTS> CUSTOM> CHOOSE A DEFAULT EMAIL PROGRAM> and select your email program there.
Make sure "Enable access to this program" is checked.
...
Also, when selecting your email program it helps to not use the "Use Current" choice but instead specifically select Outlook for email (assuming it appears there) and IE for the browser as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Sep 2010   #4
Hoopey

windows 7
 
 

Hi thanks for your help so far but I'm afraid the solution you have posted doesn't seem to work because as soon as i choose "outlook" under " choose a default e-mail programme" the box that says "enable access" etc fades and despite restarting the computer the problem i encountered is still there.

I am currently using WLM beta do you think that is causing the problem ?

Huw
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2010   #5
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hoopey View Post
Hi thanks for your help so far but I'm afraid the solution you have posted doesn't seem to work because as soon as i choose "outlook" under " choose a default e-mail programme" the box that says "enable access" etc fades and despite restarting the computer the problem i encountered is still there.

I am currently using WLM beta do you think that is causing the problem ?

Huw
You may have "solved" your own problem Huw....
Beta programs are known to cause glitches. By definition they are not "perfect."
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2010   #6
Hoopey

windows 7
 
 

Thanks for your help i guess i'll live with it. I've found that if i open outlook and then go onto IE8 it will allow me to do what i want i.e send links by e-mail.

Huw
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2010   #7
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

You are welcome Huw.....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 IE8 and Outlook 2008 problems




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Network problems Win 7 and SBS 2008
Hi, I have some problems with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit connected to SBS 2008 server. 1. I forget to change the password which was expired during the weekend and then I not have access to my mailbox, then one colleague who have the administrator privilegies on the server, reset my password....
Network & Sharing
Server 2008 Problems
I am using Virtual Box 2.2.4 since it's the version we have at uni and my debian file won't work on the newer versions. But when I try and get Server 2008 from dreamspark to work it won't. It keeps saying "no bootable medium" when I first boot it up. Also, can you get server 2008 to work in virtual...
Virtualization
Outlook problems
I am having problems with Microsoft Outlook. I have been sent e-mails one day and its been the next day before they appeared in Outlook and then not till I clicked Send/Receive on the Toolbar. So today I sent myself an e-mail, 3 hours later it had never been received. So I clicked Send/Receive a...
Browsers & Mail
Problems with Roaming Profiles with 2008 R2 Domain
I have three computers that I regularly use at home, so I have configured one of them with Server 2008 R2 and I am running Win7 Ultimate on the Desktop and Laptop. I have configured the server to act as an Active Directory Domain Control, and I am using Roaming profiles, but I have had serious...
Network & Sharing
Domain/User acount problems (sbs 2008 and Win.7)
Hey all, thanks for your time. I have a quick question regarding user accounts. I seem to have a conflicting accounts that i don't really know how to fix... background: Domain: jonathanwes.local Computer name: MAUDIB Domain user name: Wesley Comp User...
Network & Sharing
VS 2008 & SQL Server 2008 compatibility
While I'm still stabilising the overclock on my PC, can I ask if anyone has installed Visual Studio 2008 & SQL Server 2008 on Windows 7 x64 7600? If you do get any hiccups during install but manage to install it, does it run alright? Any problems? I'm interested in C# and ASP.NET development only....
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App