Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: IE9 Add-ons

01 Nov 2010   #1
prospero

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 
IE9 Add-ons

Is there any way to suppress the warning message that Add-ons are disabled?

I've temporarily enabled all I can find, but the error message still pops up.




Attached Thumbnails
IE9 Add-ons-ie-add-ons.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Nov 2010   #2
Gornot

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

You're supposed to disable addons that slow down startup of IE, chances are you don't use most of them.
But to my knowledge, no, there isn't a way to keep addons but disable the warning message.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2010   #3
prospero

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gornot View Post
You're supposed to disable addons that slow down startup of IE, chances are you don't use most of them.
But to my knowledge, no, there isn't a way to keep addons but disable the warning message.
I don't want all of the add-ons but if you look at the screenshot I posted with everything enabled I still can't suppress the warning message.

That's a real shame but apart from that I really like IE9, it's as fast as Chrome.

I suppose we have to put up with MS's little quirks, just hope that the final version is more user friendly when we eventually get the real production version.

Much as I love Windows 7 I'm getting a bit cross about MS dictating my preferences. This is after all my system, not theirs.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Nov 2010   #4
Gornot

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

If you don't want all the addons, that's exactly why you need to disable them anyway, as it will speed up the startup of IE. All the addons from your screenshot that have entries in the Load Time field should be disabled, unless you actually use them frequently.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2010   #5
Bugsy

Windows 7 Ultimate X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by prospero View Post
Is there any way to suppress the warning message that Add-ons are disabled?

I've temporarily enabled all I can find, but the error message still pops up.

I have not used IE9 all that much but this link will explain about addons etc..

Windows Internet Explorer 9 - IE9 Download Links and IE9 Installation

Hope this helps
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2010   #6
prospero

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post

I have not used IE9 all that much but this link will explain about addons etc..

Windows Internet Explorer 9 - IE9 Download Links and IE9 Installation

Hope this helps

Thanks Bugsy, seems I'll have to live with it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 IE9 Add-ons




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App