Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: IE9 vs Chrome

22 Nov 2010   #1
McSeven

W7 Prof 64 bit
 
 
IE9 vs Chrome

Anyone think that IE9 looks like, acts like Chrome?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Nov 2010   #2
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

Welcome
Only thing that I know is based upon latest test, IE is faster.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2010   #3
mickey megabyte

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by charles caleb colton
imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
however, in chrome, each tab has its own address box (or whatever it's called).

both ie9 and chrome seem to waste a little bit of screen right at the top. maybe they do that so that you can drag the window around the screen?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Nov 2010   #4
EchoX860

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

I will forever use Firefox. Until they fix the Statusbar on Chrome, this is where I'm staying
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2010   #5
Gornot

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by McSeven View Post
Anyone think that IE9 looks like, acts like Chrome?
No. WTF I don't, not at all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2010   #6
stve

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Welcome
Only thing that I know is based upon latest test, IE is faster.
Which test is that ?

@McSeven No they do not look alike
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2010   #7
stve

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mickey megabyte View Post
however, in chrome, each tab has its own address box (or whatever it's called).

both ie9 and chrome seem to waste a little bit of screen right at the top. maybe they do that so that you can drag the window around the screen?
Chrome has a separate process for each Tab which makes it more secure but uses more memory but all tabs use the same address field.
If you maximize the Chrome window the tabs have no wasted space on top unlike IE9 maximized
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2010   #8
Trucidation

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EchoX860 View Post
I will forever use Firefox. Until they fix the Statusbar on Chrome, this is where I'm staying
Statusbar... you mean that transient thingy in the lower left that only displays when something's going on and is hidden otherwise? Hmm, I suppose I wouldn't mind an option to toggle it on. It's not like it uses much real estate and I too would like to see it there even if it's idling most of the time.

My main beef with Chrome is the *@#%$^ download bar. As soon as you download anything in one tab, the damn download bar shows up in all tabs again, even if you'd just closed it not a few seconds ago. We can already ctrl + J if we want to see our downloads, I don't understand why they keep forcing that huge fugly bar to reappear (redundantly bloated with the most recent downloads, as if that's useful). They're taking this minimalist "see, we have only 5 settings, our browser is easy to use!" thing too far.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2010   #9
mickey megabyte

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

it doesn't take much to close the download bar...

i suppose the logic is, if you downloaded something, it must be important to you, so you would want quick access to it. you say a ctrl-j is quick and easy to view downlood folder, i say a click on the X is easier still to close download bar...

i'm not bothered about a status 'bar' either - it's there when i need it.

it's great that we all have a few free browsers that we can choose from - each to his/her/its own!

it wouldn't be much fun if we were all stuck with ie8 and had to use it...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2010   #10
Darician

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

It's a shame Microsoft put in a few UI touches from Chrome into IE 9 as I much preferred the IE 8 UI. Particularly the whole "One Bar" for URLs and searching annoys me and of course my other main gripe is the fact that tabs are in that same row making them really cramped.

For all the performance gains and improved standards compliance, if they could put it into the IE 8 UI, I would be so pleased.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 IE9 vs Chrome




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Something trying to open in Chrome, i dont have chrome
So I just noticed today that something popped up saying chrome could not open or something like that,,, then I checked my taskmanager and saw all these zgkhhxeatx.exe entries trying to load and register something,,, I do not have chrome on my C: drive I never had it installed! it may have been on...
System Security
Google builds push notifications into Chrome, Chrome OS
Read more at source: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57583888-93/google-builds-push-notifications-into-chrome-chrome-os/
News
IE10 Beats Chrome: Is Chrome throttling Youtube??
I have noticed of late - lets say the last few weeks at least, that hi-def 1080p 'tubes played via Chrome are laggy - choppy where in the past the exact same had been like butter. I had wondered if something about my internal lan was deteriorating but running speedtest I'm actually getting...
Browsers & Mail
chrome 9
is google chrome 9 ok to use ive uninstalled ie 9 beta because i cant understand why ms are upating the ie previews and not the beta
Browsers & Mail
Google Chrome v8 developer build hints at future of Chrome OS
more
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App