Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Latest Internet Explorer 9 Release

16 Mar 2011   #971
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

That was with IE 8 seeing the second 64bit browser. Once IE 9 goes even when clicking on the 64bit shortcut the 32bit 9 opens. I found that out with the RC when going to click on the 64bit icon. The help>about menu bar item will show this.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Mar 2011   #972
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
That was with IE 8 seeing the second 64bit browser. Once IE 9 goes even when clicking on the 64bit shortcut the 32bit 9 opens. I found that out with the RC when going to click on the 64bit icon. The help>about menu bar item will show this.
Not on my PC, if I click the 64 bit icon I get the 64 bit version of IE 9. You must be clinking the wrong icon or running a 32 bit version of windows 7. The icon for the 64 bit version is buried in your start menu under all programs. The one on your taskbar is for 32 bit.

Latest Internet Explorer 9 Release-9-64-bit-capture.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2011   #973
BugMeister

Windows10 Pro - 64Bit vs.10547
 
 

I put my 64-bit version on the taskbar for ease of access..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Mar 2011   #974
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

I have both pinned to my taskbar too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2011   #975
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
That was with IE 8 seeing the second 64bit browser. Once IE 9 goes even when clicking on the 64bit shortcut the 32bit 9 opens. I found that out with the RC when going to click on the 64bit icon. The help>about menu bar item will show this.
Not on my PC, if I click the 64 bit icon I get the 64 bit version of IE 9. You must be clinking the wrong icon or running a 32 bit version of windows 7. The icon for the 64 bit version is buried in your start menu under all programs. The one on your taskbar is for 32 bit.

Attachment 143979
That was seen when the RC went on and subsequent need to replace a pinned shortcut for that. I had the 64bit along with the 32bit IE on the RocketDock bar as well needing to be replaced once the finished 9 was out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2011   #976
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
That was with IE 8 seeing the second 64bit browser. Once IE 9 goes even when clicking on the 64bit shortcut the 32bit 9 opens. I found that out with the RC when going to click on the 64bit icon. The help>about menu bar item will show this.
Not on my PC, if I click the 64 bit icon I get the 64 bit version of IE 9. You must be clinking the wrong icon or running a 32 bit version of windows 7. The icon for the 64 bit version is buried in your start menu under all programs. The one on your taskbar is for 32 bit.

Attachment 143979
That was seen when the RC went on and subsequent need to replace a pinned shortcut for that. I had the 64bit along with the 32bit IE on the RocketDock bar as well needing to be replaced once the finished 9 was out.
I've used the early beta, several RC's and the RTW and never had to replace any IE shortcuts? Also I've never had the 32 bit version launch when I clicked the 64 bit icon. I'm going to take a guess and say that English isn't your first language, because I'm having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2011   #977
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

First off the beta was first looked at on a temp 32bit install while the RC later went onto the 64bit host drive. When right clicking to copy the 64bit shortcut from the Start>All Programs the new shortcut had been pinned on RocketDock as well as dragged into an addon toolbar folder.

Once the RC was installed and you clicked on the previously made IE 8 64bit shortcut the 32bit 9 RC window opened instead. Later the RC was removed however to create a system image with IE 8 and now a second one seeing the finished IE 9. Once installed a new shortcut was needed for both RocketDock and the additional Quick Launch bar. Quick Launch - Enable or Disable
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2011   #978
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

I'm talking about the regular Windows default shortcuts/icons, the ones most people use. Not ones created in a third party app/toolbar. In any case what does this have to do with not being able to set IE 9 64 bit as the default browser?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2011   #979
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

It wasn't created on a 3rd party toolbar but simply dragged onto one as well as into a folder once you right click to copy on the Start menu>All Programs icon found there. Just like with any other program's shortcut once you reinstall or upgrade to a newer version the first becomes obsolete and needs to be replaced.

Unfortunately at the time even when clicking on the Start menu icon that still saw the 32bit default open instead. Interesting bug at the time. Once I reverted back to IE 8 following the initial look and went with the finished 9 everything works as it should.

I simply have to "chalk that one off to beta" since I didn't get around to a second install of the RC at the time.


Attached Images
Latest Internet Explorer 9 Release-ie-9-shrotcut-being-dragged-onto-toolbar.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2011   #980
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

To me draging an Icon to a third party toolbar is in essence creating the shortcut. At this point though I'm just going to drop the whole thing as it doesn't appear to be going anywhere constructive anyway.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Latest Internet Explorer 9 Release




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Bug in latest version of Internet Explorer...
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/09/bug-in-fully-patched-internet-explorer-leaks-text-in-address-bar/
News
New Internet Explorer 9 Release Candidate (RC) screenshots leak
New Internet Explorer 9 Release Candidate (RC) screenshots leak | WinRumors
News
Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) Release Candidate(RC) by the End of Jan 2011
Source...
News
Internet Explorer 9 Release Candidate (RC) due on January 28
Source
Browsers & Mail
Final Release of Internet Explorer 8 Now Available
More...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

İ Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:06.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App