Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) Release Candidate (RC) on February 10, 2011

13 Feb 2011   #331
kristalsoldier

Win 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
Undoubtedly! For many the initial reaction is that 9 is broken without realizing this is still not the final version.

For those participating in the feedback on the other hand they already understand things won't work at times quite yet from beta to RC. It's still part of the development process.

Hopefully when everything is all set and 9 is finally out a 64bit version will be available to replace the now non functioning 64bit version of IE 8. It was nice having two versions to work with.
Very true! I have to keep reminding myself that this is not the final version of IE9. On the other hand, the very fact that I have to remind myself of that speaks volumes for how well IE9 RC works!!!!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
13 Feb 2011   #332
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 
Just installed

Hey have just installed and it's flying - my settings went across from the beta at my great relief - didn't want to set up my Favourites / cookie bar again.

The interface looks the same as the beta is this right because I thought I saw a mention that it was different in some ways.

Just for my peace of mind it is - Preview release9.0.8080.16413 (RC)?


Also I have two IE's in my Start > All programs IE (64bit) and IE does this mean I have a 32bit version there too?? Sorry but am just another idiot in the Wall! lol!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2011   #333
mick823

Win 7 Professional and Windows 8 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
OK I usually don't install betas, RCs, etc. but since I'm clean installing Win 7 on Feb 22 (if SP1 RTW does just that) I figured I'd see what the talk is all about. So far it doesn't make much of a difference, and that's a good thing. I don't know though, that cut off Back button could be a deal breaker, Microsoft.
I had to laugh when I saw the last sentence. Its a minor issue but gets my attention every time I open the program. No issues here so far on my Dell 15" laptop (32-bit-- Dual core--3 GB Ram) but the Gateway Mini with Atom processor and 2 GB ram struggles with Flash video. Choppy with the CPU pegged at 100%.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Feb 2011   #334
kristalsoldier

Win 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mick823 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
OK I usually don't install betas, RCs, etc. but since I'm clean installing Win 7 on Feb 22 (if SP1 RTW does just that) I figured I'd see what the talk is all about. So far it doesn't make much of a difference, and that's a good thing. I don't know though, that cut off Back button could be a deal breaker, Microsoft.
I had to laugh when I saw the last sentence.
Yeah, that's kinda eye-catchingly irritating! I mean all they had to do was to move that button a pixel or two up! Or, they could change the design of the button. I am sure MS has people who work on this beautification and details stuff. It can't be that they have not noticed this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2011   #335
ie9

Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post

Just for my peace of mind it is - Preview release9.0.8080.16413 (RC)?


Also I have two IE's in my Start > All programs IE (64bit) and IE does this mean I have a 32bit version there too?? Sorry but am just another idiot in the Wall! lol!!
Yes, to both questions
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2011   #336
Wordsworth

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kristalsoldier View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mick823 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
OK I usually don't install betas, RCs, etc. but since I'm clean installing Win 7 on Feb 22 (if SP1 RTW does just that) I figured I'd see what the talk is all about. So far it doesn't make much of a difference, and that's a good thing. I don't know though, that cut off Back button could be a deal breaker, Microsoft.
I had to laugh when I saw the last sentence.
Yeah, that's kinda eye-catchingly irritating! I mean all they had to do was to move that button a pixel or two up! Or, they could change the design of the button. I am sure MS has people who work on this beautification and details stuff. It can't be that they have not noticed this.
Yeah, a little dry humor there. I expect it will be fixed in the final; I don't see why the Back button should be any larger than the Forward. But maybe some people at MS have a sense of humor too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2011   #337
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kristalsoldier View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
Undoubtedly! For many the initial reaction is that 9 is broken without realizing this is still not the final version.

For those participating in the feedback on the other hand they already understand things won't work at times quite yet from beta to RC. It's still part of the development process.

Hopefully when everything is all set and 9 is finally out a 64bit version will be available to replace the now non functioning 64bit version of IE 8. It was nice having two versions to work with.
Very true! I have to keep reminding myself that this is not the final version of IE9. On the other hand, the very fact that I have to remind myself of that speaks volumes for how well IE9 RC works!!!!
See by second nature you like everyone else ran IE 8 on the retail 7 now for a good year or so. Suddenly 9 beta now RC goes on and .... "huh? how come this doesn't...."

The drawbacks of human nature when we often take things for granted. "wait a minute beta and RC isn't..."

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Hey have just installed and it's flying - my settings went across from the beta at my great relief - didn't want to set up my Favourites / cookie bar again.

The interface looks the same as the beta is this right because I thought I saw a mention that it was different in some ways.

Just for my peace of mind it is - Preview release9.0.8080.16413 (RC)?


Also I have two IE's in my Start > All programs IE (64bit) and IE does this mean I have a 32bit version there too?? Sorry but am just another idiot in the Wall! lol!!
Usually you have to browse to the "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer" foilder on the 64bit to create a shortcut for the main exe there. Once 9 goes on however you can click on the 64bit exe file directly but will still only see the 32bit 9 open.

The system registry is now pointed solely at IE 9 despite seeing the shortcuts still open IE.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2011   #338
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

If you click the Internet Explorer (64 Bit) icon in the start menu the 64 bit version of IE will open, even if you have IE 9 RC installed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2011   #339
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

Nope! You still see the RC open right up to your home page. The 64bit is still IE 8 which you just replaced when installing the 9 RC. You can't have two versions of IE dominant and available at the same time. 9 upgrades 8.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Feb 2011   #340
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 
Thanks a million

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ie9 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post

Just for my peace of mind it is - Preview release9.0.8080.16413 (RC)?


Also I have two IE's in my Start > All programs IE (64bit) and IE does this mean I have a 32bit version there too?? Sorry but am just another idiot in the Wall! lol!!
Yes, to both questions
Getting to be a legend IE9 !!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) Release Candidate (RC) on February 10, 2011




Thread Tools






Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:40.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App