Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) Release Candidate (RC) on February 10, 2011

14 Feb 2011   #341
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 
Another query

Using the 64bit version it's now asking me to create a Google account to sign nto Youtube - whats the go with this??

I don't particuarly want a Google account and YT was playing yesterday perfectly.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Feb 2011   #342
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
Nope! You still see the RC open right up to your home page. The 64bit is still IE 8 which you just replaced when installing the 9 RC. You can't have two versions of IE dominant and available at the same time. 9 upgrades 8.
I'm not sure if were both on the same page here or not. On a 64 bit version of Windows 7 you have a 32 bit and 64 bit version of IE. When I installed IE 9 I used the 64 bit installer. It replaced both of the IE 8 versions with IE 9. I have both the 32 bit version of IE 9 and the 64 bit version. The default is set to the 32 bit version but I can use the 64 bit version anytime I want to by launching its shortcut. I just pinned it to my taskbar. Maybe thats what you said and I just didn't understand it?
Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) Release Candidate (RC) on February 10, 2011-ie-9-64-capture.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Feb 2011   #343
ie9

Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Using the 64bit version it's now asking me to create a Google account to sign nto Youtube - whats the go with this??

I don't particuarly want a Google account and YT was playing yesterday perfectly.
How did you sign into youtube previously?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Feb 2011   #344
mick823

Win 7 Professional and Windows 8 Professional
 
 

Anybody know if MSFT releases "nightly builds" similar to Firefox 4 (Minefield)? I have both installed and get a 2-3 mb update every day with the firefox install. Two different animals but you can't validate your changes without somebody using them and providing feedback.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Feb 2011   #345
ie9

Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mick823 View Post
Anybody know if MSFT releases "nightly builds" similar to Firefox 4 (Minefield)? I have both installed and get a 2-3 mb update every day with the firefox install. Two different animals but you can't validate your changes without somebody using them and providing feedback.
No they do not
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Feb 2011   #346
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
Nope! You still see the RC open right up to your home page. The 64bit is still IE 8 which you just replaced when installing the 9 RC. You can't have two versions of IE dominant and available at the same time. 9 upgrades 8.
I'm not sure if were both on the same page here or not. On a 64 bit version of Windows 7 you have a 32 bit and 64 bit version of IE. When I installed IE 9 I used the 64 bit installer. It replaced both of the IE 8 versions with IE 9. I have both the 32 bit version of IE 9 and the 64 bit version. The default is set to the 32 bit version but I can use the 64 bit version anytime I want to by launching its shortcut. I just pinned it to my taskbar. Maybe thats what you said and I just didn't understand it?
Attachment 138318
The 64bit 8 was replaced at the same time the 32bit IE 8 was. When clicking on the shortcut for the 64bit I had pinned on the taskbar it wasn't the old IE 8 home page seen coming up but that version of the 9 RC.

The folder on the drive still looks the same while you know the registry as well as main files saw the upgrade for the newer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2011   #347
xXSevenXx

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64- bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Using the 64bit version it's now asking me to create a Google account to sign nto Youtube - whats the go with this??

I don't particuarly want a Google account and YT was playing yesterday perfectly.
You need an account to verify your age when viewing certain subject matter. ie gore, etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2011   #348
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ie9 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Using the 64bit version it's now asking me to create a Google account to sign nto Youtube - whats the go with this??

I don't particuarly want a Google account and YT was playing yesterday perfectly.
How did you sign into youtube previously?
Hiyya IE just had it as a favourite - saved as logged in just hit the favourite either in the list or the bar and it went straight in.

Still I have found a way around the "account" stuff and it is playing in 32bit in both IE8 and 9. Suppose I might as well go over to IE9 on the laptop now as it seems to be running really well except that the 64bit is a fair bit (no pun) slower than the 32bit when searching or clicking on favourites - to bring them up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2011   #349
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 
The laptop

Hey now have just got 9 on the laptop and something is happening that I don't understand.

Have a single tab open > close it and it shuts down the whole app now happening on the desktop. Have they changed it somehow as it usually stayed on the original search page or at least i thought it did.

Mind you when I went ot download from the oficial site it said somehing about a "trial period' what was that all about??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Feb 2011   #350
Cinderelli

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I just uninstalled IE9 RC. Why? It was a pain in the ass. Trusteer, which I use for online banking, would not work in the lateset x64 version 0f IE9. No Trusteer, no IE9, plain and simple.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) Release Candidate (RC) on February 10, 2011




Thread Tools






Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:07.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App