Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Adobe Reader

05 Dec 2011   #21
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
If you received the Ask Toolbar (bundled with Foxit) ... uninstall it from Programs and Features. Then, navigate to c:\program files\ask.com and delete that folder.
Thanks I had forgotten about that. If I remember correctly there is an option not to install it.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
05 Dec 2011   #22
koolkat77

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10 Home 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
If you received the Ask Toolbar (bundled with Foxit) ... uninstall it from Programs and Features. Then, navigate to c:\program files\ask.com and delete that folder.
Thanks I had forgotten about that. If I remember correctly there is an option not to install it.
yes i un ticked that when i was installing it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2011   #23
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
It's not a bad product. It is just slower than it should be and the alternatives are faster and have more features.
That's all in the eye of the beholder and depends what you're looking for. Anyway my point is is that if a person comes in and says they're having problems with X software I feel we should help them with that software, not push something else on them because we don't like the software.

Anyway that's a debate that's already been discussed elsewhere. I just wanted to point out my thoughts. The bottom line is the OP is happy with the solution they got so that's that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Dec 2011   #24
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
It's not a bad product. It is just slower than it should be and the alternatives are faster and have more features.
That's all in the eye of the beholder and depends what you're looking for. Anyway my point is is that if a person comes in and says they're having problems with X software I feel we should help them with that software, not push something else on them because we don't like the software.

Anyway that's a debate that's already been discussed elsewhere. I just wanted to point out my thoughts. The bottom line is the OP is happy with the solution they got so that's that.
I take your point.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2011   #25
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Don't know why everyone is beating up Adobe Reader other than because it's the defacto PDF reader but I've been using some semblance of it (mainly Adobe Acrobat) since 1998 and have never had an issue with it. Currently using Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro.

And there isnít a piece of software on this planet that hasnít been problematic Ė Including Windows 7.

Anyway it would have been nice to help the OP the software he was using, but they found an alternative so....

Just my two cents.
good point sygnus21
hence my answer to update, i use adobe acrobat 10 and have no issues with it and prior to acrobat i used adobe reader 10.
i think sometimes people are anti something because its popular to do so , like jumping on the bandwagon,and bashing it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2011   #26
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Well, yeah I guess. Anyway we can move on as the OP was given an alternate solution. And as I've stated, this issue has alread been debated in the VIP forums - Bad Advice
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Adobe Reader




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Adobe Reader
Hi. A user has gotten some help elsewhere and somehow it has messed up Adobe Reader. If I right click, I see "Read" instead of "Open with Adobe Reader". See screenshot attached to this post. This messes up the ability to open PDf files from another program. I need to reset this back. Anyone...
Software
Adobe Reader X1
Can anyone tell me please! What is it with Adobe Reader X1 that I cannot open a PDF file, I click on "Open" and I get a nice blue framed screen asking me whether I want to open or save the file. I click open this blue screen disappears, I get all excited and back it comes again, asking me the same...
Software
Adobe reader 9
I need to know how to delete or clear recent open files fron Adobe reader 9
Software
Adobe Confirms New Adobe Reader Zero-Day Bug
More - Adobe Confirms New Adobe Reader Zero-Day Bug - Still evaluating if out-of-band patch is necessary - Softpedia
News
Adobe Reader 9.3
I've noticed that when I click on a pdf file or view its properties, it displays that it opens with Adobe Reader 9.2. However, I updated from 9.2 to 9.3 a while back. The files open with no problems and 'Programs and Features' shows that 9.3 is installed. Does this occur with anybody else? ...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:31.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App