Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Firefox crashes constantly in Windows 7, auto restart?

06 Feb 2010   #21
returnofsid

Win 7
 
 

I'm also experiencing regular FF Crashes. I recently did a Clean install upgrade to Win7 32 bit. Then I downloaded Firefox. Since then, I'm experiencing FF crashes. Has anyone found a suitable solution to this problem yet?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Feb 2010   #22
dmex

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by returnofsid View Post
I'm also experiencing regular FF Crashes. I recently did a Clean install upgrade to Win7 32 bit. Then I downloaded Firefox. Since then, I'm experiencing FF crashes. Has anyone found a suitable solution to this problem yet?
Firefox doesn't crash on its own, its a plug-in causing it. Its failrly easy to solve, just start "Firefox (Safe-Mode)" from the startmenu and disable any addons you've installed, programs (like skype) will install addons at their whim and are usually unstable as they where built for older FF versions.

Steven
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2010   #23
returnofsid

Win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dmex View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by returnofsid View Post
I'm also experiencing regular FF Crashes. I recently did a Clean install upgrade to Win7 32 bit. Then I downloaded Firefox. Since then, I'm experiencing FF crashes. Has anyone found a suitable solution to this problem yet?
Firefox doesn't crash on its own, its a plug-in causing it. Its failrly easy to solve, just start "Firefox (Safe-Mode)" from the startmenu and disable any addons you've installed, programs (like skype) will install addons at their whim and are usually unstable as they where built for older FF versions.

Steven

Steven,
I'll respectfully have to disagree. I'm running Firefox 3.6 with NO addons or plug ins, whatsoever. This is a freshly installed FF, on 2 different computers, and still crashes. The only things that are even installed on one computer is Win7 32 bit and Firefox 3.6. I just did the clean install yesterday, and haven't installed anything else. The other computer has Win7 32 bit, Firefox 3.6, Adobe Elements 6 and Trend Micro Internet Security Pro, nothing else. Both systems experience FF crash/restarts, fairly regularly. Both systems were upgraded to Win7 from Win Vista, via a Custom Install, formatting both HDs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Feb 2010   #24
dmex

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by returnofsid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dmex View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by returnofsid View Post
I'm also experiencing regular FF Crashes. I recently did a Clean install upgrade to Win7 32 bit. Then I downloaded Firefox. Since then, I'm experiencing FF crashes. Has anyone found a suitable solution to this problem yet?
Firefox doesn't crash on its own, its a plug-in causing it. Its failrly easy to solve, just start "Firefox (Safe-Mode)" from the startmenu and disable any addons you've installed, programs (like skype) will install addons at their whim and are usually unstable as they where built for older FF versions.

Steven

Steven,
I'll respectfully have to disagree. I'm running Firefox 3.6 with NO addons or plug ins, whatsoever. This is a freshly installed FF, on 2 different computers, and still crashes. The only things that are even installed on one computer is Win7 32 bit and Firefox 3.6. I just did the clean install yesterday, and haven't installed anything else. The other computer has Win7 32 bit, Firefox 3.6, Adobe Elements 6 and Trend Micro Internet Security Pro, nothing else. Both systems experience FF crash/restarts, fairly regularly. Both systems were upgraded to Win7 from Win Vista, via a Custom Install, formatting both HDs.
Something is interfering with FF and causing the crashes

Have you installed Flash or Java? Try uninstalling both as these plugins can also cause FF to crash randomly.

Steven
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2010   #25
returnofsid

Win 7
 
 

All I've done is a clean/custom upgrade to Win7 and download and install FF. So, if it didn't install with Win7 or FF, it's not on my laptop. On my laptop, FF randomly crashes and restarts. There's absolutely nothing else on the laptop. I haven't reinstalled any of my old software, loaded any pics, music....anything.

Also, in case it matters, I did the clean install in which there is NOT a windows/old folder created. My clean install included formatting my HD.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2010   #26
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by returnofsid View Post
Steven,
I'll respectfully have to disagree. I'm running Firefox 3.6 with NO addons or plug ins, whatsoever. This is a freshly installed FF, on 2 different computers, and still crashes. The only things that are even installed on one computer is Win7 32 bit and Firefox 3.6. I just did the clean install yesterday, and haven't installed anything else. The other computer has Win7 32 bit, Firefox 3.6, Adobe Elements 6 and Trend Micro Internet Security Pro, nothing else. Both systems experience FF crash/restarts, fairly regularly. Both systems were upgraded to Win7 from Win Vista, via a Custom Install, formatting both HDs.

When does it Crash when you go to a site or once you open FireFox it crashes ??

- Captain

P.S. I doubt Trend Micro
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2010   #27
returnofsid

Win 7
 
 

The "When" is random. Sometimes it crashes while surfing, sometimes as soon as FF opens. If it happens when surfing, it's always sites that I regularly go to, that have never caused any issues in the past, such as forums.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 May 2010   #28
rhockey

windows 7
 
 
Did this ever get resolved? Firefox crashes Windows 7.

Returnofsid had almost exactly the same problem as I have - In my case - new computer, new windows 7, new FF install - crashes before I even put in any add-ons. This thread seemed to just end.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #29
siramic

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
 
 

returnofsid...you are not alone, I now have a new nickname for Firefox, Firecrash, as I've been getting more crashes this last couple of weeks also.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 May 2010   #30
rhockey

windows 7
 
 

I can't help but get suspicious/paranoid about this. You know Microsoft hates Firefox.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Firefox crashes constantly in Windows 7, auto restart?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
windows 7 constantly crashes
Hi Can you please help me with my bsod's. I have windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and the computer crashes quite often. Most of the time it seems to happen when I am on the internet. Many thanks
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD, forces restart but have auto restart off
So, I've been trying out Windows 7, and I've been pleasantly surprised for the most part. However, I've been getting several BSODs, including some 0x124 ones that I didn't have on this same computer using XP. The only new hardware I've installed is a hard drive. Anyways, the non-0x124 ones happen...
BSOD Help and Support
Auto restart even if uncheck automatic restart
i keep encounter this auto restart error therefore i decided to uncheck the automatic restart checkbox in system properties to get a BSOD so that i know what happen, but even if i uncheck it, my cpu still auto restart without generating a BSOD i also checked my windows folder but there are no...
BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 crashes constantly - Please help
Hello. I've recently, last week, installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit on my older PC. I'm very pleased and happy with it's performance aside from the fact that my computer crashes and restats on me, usually daily. Sometimes it's even been twice in a day. It usually happens when I am afk or...
BSOD Help and Support
Need Desperate help-Windows 7 Crashes constantly
Hello I desperatly need all your help as i have ran out of ideas and fully novice in using Windows 7. I did an upgrade from Windows Vista Home Premium(It came pre-installed with my Sony VAIO machine) to windows 7 32bit Build 6801.It initially ran smoothly for few hours,but then since last 5...
BSOD Help and Support
Outlook 2007 constantly crashes in Windows 7 RTM
Hi. Been searching all over and cannot find any answers. Hopefully you all can help. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 RTM on a Dell Studio XPS 13 with 6GB of RAM, NO paging file. This was an upgrate from Vista Home Premium 64 (came with the machine), that was freshly installed...
Browsers & Mail


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App