Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: IE8 download for Windows 7

07 Oct 2009   #1
Derek

windows 7 64 bit Home
 
 
IE8 download for Windows 7

Hey
Now there is only 14 days release, but I live in Denmark and I`ll get the "E" version, so I have to download IE8 (It`s the one I want to use) BUT where can I get the download ? I have looked everywhere but I can`t find it, so please help.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
07 Oct 2009   #2
Kari

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 

Am I missing something? You can download IE8 easily from Microsoft Download page.

Where have you been looking?

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Oct 2009   #3
Derek

windows 7 64 bit Home
 
 

Yes I think you are missing something:) There are no IE8 for Windovs 7 on the downloadpage only for Vista and XP, so I`m still looking
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Oct 2009   #4
Kari

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 

Sorry to say but I think you are now missing something. The link I gave is the official Microsoft download site. That is the site where you download IE8, whatever version of Windows you have. Open the page from Windows 7, it says IE8 for Seven, open it from Vista it says IE8 for Vista. But the file you download and IE8 you get for Vista and / or Seven is the same. That is a fact.

Here's a couple of other download sites. Same IE8 but it seems you don't like to download directly from Microsoft:
  • IE8 with Google Toolbar
  • IE8 from Download.com
  • IE8 from Softpedia.com
There exist only two original versions of IE8, 32-bit and 64-bit. Other than that (or modded versions like Google toolbar version of IE8) it is always the same IE8. Works with XP, Vista, Windows 2003, 2005 and 2008, Home Server & Seven.

You asked a question. I gave you a valid answer. If this answer was not good enough to you, you have to continue looking.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Oct 2009   #5
swarfega

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Arent MS still going to use the ballot box method of browser choice? In which case you'l be given a choice of browsers to install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Oct 2009   #6
Derek

windows 7 64 bit Home
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Sorry to say but I think you are now missing something. The link I gave is the official Microsoft download site. That is the site where you download IE8, whatever version of Windows you have. Open the page from Windows 7, it says IE8 for Seven, open it from Vista it says IE8 for Vista. But the file you download and IE8 you get for Vista and / or Seven is the same. That is a fact.

Here's a couple of other download sites. Same IE8 but it seems you don't like to download directly from Microsoft:
  • IE8 with Google Toolbar
  • IE8 from Download.com
  • IE8 from Softpedia.com
There exist only two original versions of IE8, 32-bit and 64-bit. Other than that (or modded versions like Google toolbar version of IE8) it is always the same IE8. Works with XP, Vista, Windows 2003, 2005 and 2008, Home Server & Seven.

You asked a question. I gave you a valid answer. If this answer was not good enough to you, you have to continue looking.

Kari
Sorry, I thought there was a special version for Windovs 7, so thank you for your answer.

Keld Jensen
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Oct 2009   #7
Kari

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 

I installed yesterday the official German version of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 which I got in my Windows 7 Launch Party Kit on my HTPC. It is an EU version but after installation I got no browser ballot as I was expecting. Instead, IE8 was preinstalled with the OS.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Oct 2009   #8
Kari

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Sorry, I thought there was a special version for Windovs 7, so thank you for your answer.

Keld Jensen
It's OK.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Oct 2009   #9
swarfega

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
I installed yesterday the official German version of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 which I got in my Windows 7 Launch Party Kit on my HTPC. It is an EU version but after installation I got no browser ballot as I was expecting. Instead, IE8 was preinstalled with the OS.

Kari
hmm wonder what the EU will have to say about that!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Oct 2009   #10
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by swarfega View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
I installed yesterday the official German version of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 which I got in my Windows 7 Launch Party Kit on my HTPC. It is an EU version but after installation I got no browser ballot as I was expecting. Instead, IE8 was preinstalled with the OS.

Kari
hmm wonder what the EU will have to say about that!
Well it is a promotional event, so they probably just threw in a normal copy. Rather then taking the time to split it up into 'EU and Non-EU'. Would take longer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 IE8 download for Windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Unable to download updates automatically/manually, download hangs
I'm trying to download updates through Windows Update, it shows that I have 139 important updates, and 40 optional ones. I selected them and clicked the install button but it got stuck at "Downloading updates (0 kb total, 0% complete)". I cancelled and retried choosing only 24 important updates and...
Windows Updates & Activation
12 mbps download speed, but programs take a long time to download
For some reason programs and files are taking a very long time to download (about 30 kbps), but youtube plays fine, I can go to any website and troubleshooting shows nothing wrong. I went to speedtest.net and I'm averaging about 12 mbps so files should be downloading fast. At this point I'm...
Network & Sharing
Explorer 10 Download Manager not allowing complete download
I Installed Explorer 10 on my Windows 7 Pro 64 bit yesterday everything seems fine with the exception of download manager. When downolading files it completes download then says running security scan after that says files has virus and deletes the file so I am now unable to download files. I...
Browsers & Mail
I need to download Windows 7 USB-DVD Download Tool. why is it harmful
and how is dvd+r sony 4.7 gb 120 min ok discs to burn ? my product key on here?
Installation & Setup
Download Free Windows 7 RTM Download Manager
Source - Download Free Windows 7 RTM Download Manager - From Microsoft - Softpedia
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:03.
Twitter Facebook Google+