Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Multiple IE 10 Browsers Reopen After Closing (MSN Only)

19 Aug 2013   #51
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SaraBrown93 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Enhanced protection mode is not checked in IE 10.
Activate it and see if it reacts any differently/ Just as a test.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
19 Aug 2013   #52
SaraBrown93

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SaraBrown93 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Enhanced protection mode is not checked in IE 10.
Activate it and see if it reacts any differently/ Just as a test.
I did and did not solve anything.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2013   #53
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Well besides Internet options/ Advanced/ Use software rendering instead of gpu...
I don't believe it will work until you ask on the h-p support forum,
Or Uninstall the ie10 windows update if you really want to use this feature.
Sorry it wasn't something easy like a little bug to squish
Cheers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Aug 2013   #54
SaraBrown93

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Well besides Internet options/ Advanced/ Use software rendering instead of gpu...
I don't believe it will work until you ask on the h-p support forum,
Or Uninstall the ie10 windows update if you really want to use this feature.
Sorry it wasn't something easy like a little bug to squish
Cheers.
I went ahead ans submitted a forum to hp support to see if they can help. Thanks again.

HP Simple Pass Not Working (Multiple IE 10 Browsers Reopen A... - HP Support Forum - 2861133

Here is the link above if anyone is interested in looking at it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Aug 2013   #55
SaraBrown93

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SaraBrown93 View Post
Hello,

I am in need of some assistance with my IE 10 browser, but the problem only happens while using the default MSN homepage.

After closing the web browser a number of times while on MSN, multiple browsers will suddenly reopen. I have noticed that when the browsers reopen, the url is a little different from the original. Here is an example of what some of the urls might look like below.

MSN.com

But when I change my default homepage to another search engine, such as google, yahoo, or bing, this problem does not occur. It only happens on the msn website.

Just today, I have discovered what is causing the browser to do this and it is the TrueSuiteService application that is part of the HP Simplepass program that is already pre-installed on my laptop. When disabled, the problem no longer occurs. However; when it is enabled, the problem will reoccur after a certain amount of times opening and closing the browser.

Here is a screenshot of the application disabled below.



But, here are two screenshots of all the applications that are enable on startup.





Either way, I am unsure of which direction I should take to solve this matter completely. Please help me.

Thank you for your assistance.
If this helps, here is what the other urls look like:

MSN.com

MSN.com

MSN.com
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Aug 2013   #56
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Use Alt+TO or Gear symbol on the top right and Internet options,
General section How many Home page listings is there ?
Tabs Settings button/ Restore defaults.
Please take screen shots of both Internet options pages.
Go to this thread and implement some of my suggested settings,
IE10, Long time in, Good Or Not? What's the status of the browser?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Aug 2013   #57
SaraBrown93

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Use Alt+TO or Gear symbol on the top right and Internet options,
General section How many Home page listings is there ?
Tabs Settings button/ Restore defaults.
Please take screen shots of both Internet options pages.
Go to this thread and implement some of my suggested settings,
IE10, Long time in, Good Or Not? What's the status of the browser?
Here are the screenshots that you have requested.


Attached Images
Multiple IE 10 Browsers Reopen After Closing (MSN Only)-capture.jpg Multiple IE 10 Browsers Reopen After Closing (MSN Only)-capture2.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Aug 2013   #58
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

The home page box should show this, http://www.msn.com/ "If" you sign into msn,
I also some time back recommended using My MSN instead of msn and test the issue,
Paste it in the home page box.
Use Alt+TA or Gear symbol/ Manage add-ons,
msn uses allot of flash content,
Disable Adobe Shockwave player element.
Uninstall Java from Oracle
Which all of this is on the prior thread I proved to change your settings...,
IE10, Long time in, Good Or Not? What's the status of the browser?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Aug 2013   #59
SaraBrown93

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
The home page box should show this, http://www.msn.com/ "If" you sign into msn,
I also some time back recommended using My MSN instead of msn and test the issue,
Paste it in the home page box.
Use Alt+TA or Gear symbol/ Manage add-ons,
msn uses allot of flash content,
Disable Adobe Shockwave player element.
Uninstall Java from Oracle
Which all of this is on the prior thread I proved to change your settings...,
IE10, Long time in, Good Or Not? What's the status of the browser?
Sorry but, I do not have an msn account and I've already tried this method.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Aug 2013   #60
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

You don't have a Hotmail.com or outlook.com email address ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Multiple IE 10 Browsers Reopen After Closing (MSN Only)




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Multiple Browsers with multiple issues
Hey guys, I've currently got 4 different browsers installed on my computer (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera). I've had different issues with each and every one of them. Right now I'm using Opera and for the most part it's been pretty good. Although lately it's been starting to act up. I stopped...
Browsers & Mail
Multiple Sources of explorer.exe continue to run after closing program
I have been having explorer.exe continue to run at around 13% cpu usage after closing the program and persist to run until I manually end task on the task manager. I have pin pointed the problem to be caused by youtube's playlist. If I happen to close IE while viewing multiple youtube videos ONLY...
Browsers & Mail
Multiple blue screens when playing / after closing games. No minidumps
Hello. Recently I've had many computer crashes with various error messages. I've made sure that crash dumps are enabled but haven't received any for any of the crashes. The crashes have happened while playing games sometimes and other times after closing games. I've run memtest for many passes...
BSOD Help and Support
Cannot delete or rename file until closing and reopening of browsers
Hi Guys, Whenever I tried to rename a file or delete a file, I often encounter an issue (refer to attach pic) whereby an error message will appear and state that the action is unable to complete. At this point of time, I did not open any other window on my pc. To rectify this, I always...
General Discussion
Constantly closing multiple iexplore.exe in task manage
Im constantly having to manually close iexplore.exe tasks in task manager, sometimes it will get up to 8 or 9 of these with NO windows open. It is not due to a virus or malware, as it has done this right out of the box on a clean install. Im using Win 7 Pro 64 bit. It happens with both the 32...
Browsers & Mail


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:36.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App