Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: This Chrome problem has me completely baffled:

01 Oct 2015   #1
kwitel

7/64 bit
 
 
This Chrome problem has me completely baffled:

(Running a Dell Optiplex with 6Gb of RAM and Windows 7 Pro)

Whenever I open Chrome, within a couple of minutes my CPU starts to run and does not stop.
In Task manager there is an instance of Chrome using 25-30% of my CPU.
I can (and do) just shut this down with no problems.
However, Chrome will then proceed to start using inordinate amounts of memory for the most mundane of tasks. A single tab opened could use 500,000k. I then proceed to get memory alert after memory alert for not just chrome but for Outlook, Itunes, etc.
Mind you all I do is use Outlook (via exchange), web surf and Itunes.

If I use Firefox, I have no problems. No memory issues.

Id like however to continue to use Chrome.

Anyone have any clue what is causing this?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Oct 2015   #2
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

I have no idea what is causing this to be honesty and if it were me I would first run these for starters if you have not already

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html< if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

ADW download from bleeping computer delete any rubbish found with themalware scans

(NBIf one is running Kaspersky security it may rant about ADW - just ignore it ordisable Kaspersky while the ADW is being used)

Personally I really don't see why folks use Chrome or Firefox - I know thye reckon they are faster but I have no problems with IE and just how fast does one want a browser to be??

You might have a look in the task manager > Processes to see what is running though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Oct 2015   #3
kwitel

7/64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICIT2LOL View Post
I have no idea what is causing this to be honesty and if it were me I would first run these for starters if you have not already

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html< if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

ADW download from bleeping computer delete any rubbish found with themalware scans

(NBIf one is running Kaspersky security it may rant about ADW - just ignore it ordisable Kaspersky while the ADW is being used)

Personally I really don't see why folks use Chrome or Firefox - I know thye reckon they are faster but I have no problems with IE and just how fast does one want a browser to be??

You might have a look in the task manager > Processes to see what is running though.
Thanks. Ive already done all of that.
No change.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Oct 2015   #4
Roderunner

Win7 H.Prem. 32bit+SP1
 
 

Hi ICIT2LOL,

I have been looking for SAS Portable for ages, all I get is:-

This Chrome problem has me completely baffled:-rr.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Oct 2015   #5
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
Hi ICIT2LOL,

I have been looking for SAS Portable for ages, all I get is:-

Attachment 372962
Hello mate this is what I find https://www.superantispyware.com/portablescanner.html then go this https://www.superantispyware.com/por...annerhome.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Oct 2015   #6
Brds7t7

Windows 7 Pro & Ultimate (64-Bit) Retail, Windows 8.1 Pro (64-Bit) Retail
 
 

Do you have a lot of Extensions installed? Possibly an extension using a lot of resources?
Have you looked in the Chrome task manager?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Oct 2015   #7
Roderunner

Win7 H.Prem. 32bit+SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICIT2LOL View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
Hi ICIT2LOL,

I have been looking for SAS Portable for ages, all I get is:-

Attachment 372962
Hello mate this is what I find https://www.superantispyware.com/portablescanner.html then go this https://www.superantispyware.com/por...annerhome.html
It was your second link I used in this post to go to where your previous post connected me to, and never got the portable version.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Oct 2015   #8
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote:
It was your second link I used
Hmm works for me mate did you tick the agreement box??


Attached Thumbnails
This Chrome problem has me completely baffled:-sas-portable.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2015   #9
Roderunner

Win7 H.Prem. 32bit+SP1
 
 

Yes, I did as you said, and all I get is SAS Free Edition.exe not portable version.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2015   #10
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Hmm that is strange mate as far as I know the software is worldwide not region specific like some AV's

I will give it another burl tomorrow - at work right now and will get back to you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 This Chrome problem has me completely baffled:




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Shutting down chrome completely so no background process will run
There is a setting to do this. What is chrome running in the background? Because if I install Chrome, then it causes my HDTV streaming to glitch, break up, pixelate. And when I uninstall chrome, the streaming is again smooth. If I uncheck this, can I use chrome?
Browsers & Mail
Needed to uninstall Chrome completely; reinstalled version won't run
I had (have?) a rogue search engine on my system highly problematic to remove, so was advised elsewhere to remove Chrome with Revo, after which I used CCleaner. By both processes I thought Chrome would be no more. I reinstalled Chrome, downloading from Google not a third party. Installation...
Browsers & Mail
How to Completely Remove Chrome
Hi, how do I completely remove chrome? I uninstalled it a few weeks ago because I was trying other browsers, but when I re-installed again I was surprised that all my bookmarks from the previous installation were still there. Shouldn't everything have been removed the first time I uninstalled it?
Browsers & Mail
Brand new PC, Lots of new BSOD's. Stuck completely, baffled.
Okay so here's the deal. About three weeks ago I bought and built a brand new PC, and I've been having troubles with it ever since. The construction of the PC was fine, with no errors and hardware issues, but since installing Windows I've had lots and lots of BSOD's and I have NO idea how to solve...
BSOD Help and Support
This has me baffled...and I need an answer
I am part of a home network, run windows 7 professional, and have killed my hard drive with installing, uninstalling, formatting, etc. etc. etc. Please if you see anything strange, let me know! Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. PS...
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:06.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App