Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What browser do you guys use?

View Poll Results: Which Browsers do you use/
Internet Explorer 8 40 26.14%
Firefox 92 60.13%
Chrome 52 33.99%
Opera 25 16.34%
Safari 3 1.96%
Other 13 8.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

11 Apr 2010   #171
tux

Windows XP and 7 (with Debian Squeeze in a VM)
 
 

Now this poll should have a Multiple Choice option. I mainly use Firefox, but as a fallback there's always some other browser left. (Which is constantly changing.)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Apr 2010   #172
si8mon

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tux View Post
Now this poll should have a Multiple Choice option. I mainly use Firefox, but as a fallback there's always some other browser left. (Which is constantly changing.)
People have said that but I made it single choice because I want to know what is peoples favorite browser or what browser do they use most of the time. I have opera, firefox, IE and chrome all installed on my system. But I only ever use Chrome as my browser.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2010   #173
tux

Windows XP and 7 (with Debian Squeeze in a VM)
 
 

Hmm, for some people there's no "main browser".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Apr 2010   #174
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mos effed View Post
is Google Chrome because I like simple design, fast response and a intuitive approach. I like typing my search words into the URL box, too. I don't need bells and whistles to make me think my web experience is more than it is.
Welcome to Seven Forums mos effed.

+1 for that statement
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2010   #175
MilesAhead

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by burtie View Post
Yup especially on my new machine with 64 bit
I'm curious about chrome. What do you do for bookmark/password control? I took a quick look through and I didn't notice much in the way of addons. Firefox is a bit slow loading off the HD. For awhile I had a copy of Portable loading from a Ramdisk, but that got to be a pain. Plus to keep it small I didn't install my usual assortment of addons. Stuff like ClickCutter AutoCopy I'd find it tough to be without.

edit: I'm using it now. Not so bad as some I've tried. Seems to load fast. Just be a matter of if there's the Addons for features I'm used to.

edit2: Okay, I have AutoCopy but I still am prejudiced against programs that force you to use a ribbon. I don't get what's sexy about having to hunt to find commands.

edit3: now I see why Iron is fast. Bringing up about:blank uses 4 processes!! But on a PC with 8 GB ram that may not be a bad thing. So far I like it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2010   #176
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
I'm curious about chrome. What do you do for bookmark/password control?

edit: I'm using it now. Not so bad as some I've tried. Seems to load fast. Just be a matter of if there's the Addons for features I'm used to.

edit2: Okay, I have AutoCopy but I still am prejudiced against programs that force you to use a ribbon. I don't get what's sexy about having to hunt to find commands.

edit3: now I see why Iron is fast. Bringing up about:blank uses 4 processes!! But on a PC with 8 GB ram that may not be a bad thing. So far I like it.
Did you find the Chrome Extensions link?

Extensions are Addons, there are over 3000 now, not as many as FF but more every day.

Then you can click the wrench and 'extensions' to manage them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2010   #177
Snowdog

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post

Did you find the Chrome Extensions link?

Extensions are Addons, there are over 3000 now, not as many as FF but more every day.

Then you can click the wrench and 'extensions' to manage them.
Unfortunately, it seems like despite lower numbers of extensions for chrome, there are more repeats as many people trying to provide the old reliables from Firefox like Flashblock. There are about half a dozen flashblocks and none of them are as effective as the Firefox Flashblock.

Chrome is getting closer all the time. I love how it take all your settings from firefox, so you don't have spend time tweaking another browser to try it.

But overall tweakability seems very lacking, I need more settings, especially the ability to turn off image animations. This is so annoying to have animimated gifs going endlessly that this one is a show stopper for me.

Is there an extension that will kill gif animation for Chrome?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2010   #178
MilesAhead

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

I have several extensions. But since bookmark sync is built in, I wonder if anyone will bother to port SyncPlaces over to it? I don't want to sync my bookmarks using a Google account. I want to use my own ftp site like I can with SyncPlaces.

I was hoping SyncPlaces would make a version for chrome and clones so that I could upload with Firefox and download with Iron and vice versa. That would make things really easy.

Lacking ftp support, going through a shared folder on my Lan would not be so bad. I just don't want to stick my bookmarks and/or passwords online unless it's my own ftp page.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2010   #179
jsnxx

 
 

...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2010   #180
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Snowdog View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post

Did you find the Chrome Extensions link?

Extensions are Addons, there are over 3000 now, not as many as FF but more every day.

Then you can click the wrench and 'extensions' to manage them.
Unfortunately, it seems like despite lower numbers of extensions for chrome, there are more repeats as many people trying to provide the old reliables from Firefox like Flashblock. There are about half a dozen flashblocks and none of them are as effective as the Firefox Flashblock.

Chrome is getting closer all the time. I love how it take all your settings from firefox, so you don't have spend time tweaking another browser to try it.

But overall tweakability seems very lacking, I need more settings, especially the ability to turn off image animations. This is so annoying to have animimated gifs going endlessly that this one is a show stopper for me.

Is there an extension that will kill gif animation for Chrome?
Haven't tried this but, here is one,


Pause! Pause! Pause!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 What browser do you guys use?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
FireFox - mouse & browser& browser freezes in Facebook page
I have FF 17. The mouse is freezing in facebook & I find the only escape to release the browser is reboot. The same FB page works fine in internet explorer.
Browsers & Mail
What do guys think?
So I finished my first pc build a couple months ago. I originally wanted to get a new dell desktop, but one of my xbl buddies suggested that I build a custom PC. I have to say that it was the right thing to do. I started out with a GTX 560TI but a few weeks later ended up doing a step up through...
General Discussion
Portable Browser :- How to be my Default Browser and/or use a URL Link
My desktop URL link is unable to access the Web based Admin console of my Netgear Router, and various application "F1 / Help" buttons no longer give help when they need internet resources. Previously I started with a conventional installed Firefox Browser, but after erratic premature update...
Software
I Need Your Help Guys
Where Can i Download Windows 7 Professional 64bit? thanks!
General Discussion
Guys Can Someone Help me Please!
Hi Guys I'm new here, Can you help me how to fix my computer? because when i delete my files, folder, Application and even my AV after i restart it keeps reappearing i don't know why...help me Please!! Sorry if I'm in a wrong Section
General Discussion
Epic Browser - the first ever web browser for India
Main feat. Built in Antivirus: Scan downloads automatically. Scan your system manually. Epic Kills any viruses it finds. Totally free. :shock: Malicious Website warnings: We'll warn you if you're about to visit a web site known to host viruses or malware Anti-Phishing Protection: ...
Browsers & Mail


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App