Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: WMP does not integrate with FireFox

30 Dec 2009   #1
Venths

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 
WMP does not integrate with FireFox

When I try to play any live streams or any media files online, that could be played using WMP, Firefox always shows I have to download the WMP 11 PLUGIN though WMP 12 is the default player in Windows 7. However, it works with CHROME.

How can i fix thissss????



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
30 Dec 2009   #2
JDude913

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #3
Dzomlija

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Venths View Post
When I try to play any live streams or any media files online, that could be played using WMP, Firefox always shows I have to download the WMP 11 PLUGIN though WMP 12 is the default player in Windows 7. However, it works with CHROME.

How can i fix thissss????
Do you have the latest version of Firefox installed?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Dec 2009   #4
Ch@n

 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #5
Venths

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dzomlija View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Venths View Post
When I try to play any live streams or any media files online, that could be played using WMP, Firefox always shows I have to download the WMP 11 PLUGIN though WMP 12 is the default player in Windows 7. However, it works with CHROME.

How can i fix thissss????
Do you have the latest version of Firefox installed?
Yes, I have the latest version of FF
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #6
Dzomlija

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Venths View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dzomlija View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Venths View Post
When I try to play any live streams or any media files online, that could be played using WMP, Firefox always shows I have to download the WMP 11 PLUGIN though WMP 12 is the default player in Windows 7. However, it works with CHROME.

How can i fix thissss????
Do you have the latest version of Firefox installed?
Yes, I have the latest version of FF
Which plugins have you tried to load?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #7
Venths

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Which plugins have you tried to load?

I watch Cricket matches online. Some matches will be available in FLV player which works WELL. if the stream is via WMP, i get this error. But Chrome works well for this. Only in FF i have the issue.

I checkd my Add-ons and I see WMP plugin is installed
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #8
Ch@n

 

Uninstall the plugin, reinstall it by downloading it separately. Also when installing it, run it as an administrator.

Or may be u can try re-installing FF. This would fix.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #9
Venths

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Uninstall the plugin, reinstall it by downloading it separately. Also when installing it, run it as an administrator.

Or may be u can try re-installing FF. This would fix.
I have already tried all the above
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #10
Ch@n

 

hmmm..after googling, I think the problem is with the plugin. Mozilla has reported that the WMP11 plugin has a design flaw and it supports till vista. For 7?
Also Chrome doesnt use this plugin and rather uses ActiveX. This is the reason ur issue is nt replicated via Chrome. Stick with it.

Source: PluginDoc: Windows (Most Popular)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 WMP does not integrate with FireFox




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Salesforce to integrate with OneDrive
Source...
News
7-Zip won't integrate to shell
I'm running windows 7 pro 64 bit as administrator. Installed 7-zip portable. When I tick the "Integrate 7-Zip to shell context menu" and then "OK", I get the error message: "an event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers" and it won't integrate. Anyone have any ideas? thanks in...
Software
Software integrate
I have wonder that, Can we have another way to build up all software that we want to installed into windows software that when we install windows and those software will automatic install with windows. I am sorry for my English. Regards,
General Discussion
integrate W7 hotfixes to AIO DVD
hey just wandering how to add the post SP1 updates to my x86/x64 AIO DVD so i wont have to spend ages downloading and installing them when the install is done thanks
Windows Updates & Activation
Integrate Hotfixes onto Windows 7 CD
Hello together, is it possible to integrate Updates into the Windows 7 CD? In Windows XP Hotfixes there was an option "/integrate". Could someone tell me how to do this with Windows 7?
Windows Updates & Activation


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App