Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Mozilla Firefox 3.6 Now Available!

21 Jan 2010   #11
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stormy13 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
It is the same as RC2.
Bwahahaha...I guess nothing was wrong with RC2
Certainly looks that way. Just checked the MD5's for the RC2 and final installers and they are the same.
They could have saved people time and just said..."By the way download the RC2 of 3.6 for the final version..."


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Jan 2010   #12
RST101

Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RST101 View Post
Seems to be exactly the same! It should be time for a complete overall but it seems to be the same as previous versions. The only difference I can see is it opens tabs quicker but renders the page the same..

Same old as far as I'm concerned and shall be uninstalled aptly.
It was meant to only be a minor improvement over 3.5

Expect a much bigger change in 3.7 (not the GUI) and an overhaul in 4
I thought big change might have happened some time ago, like a complete rework but they are clinging on to this for dear life for some reason.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #13
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RST101 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RST101 View Post
Seems to be exactly the same! It should be time for a complete overall but it seems to be the same as previous versions. The only difference I can see is it opens tabs quicker but renders the page the same..

Same old as far as I'm concerned and shall be uninstalled aptly.
It was meant to only be a minor improvement over 3.5

Expect a much bigger change in 3.7 (not the GUI) and an overhaul in 4
I thought big change might have happened some time ago, like a complete rework but they are clinging on to this for dear life for some reason.
I believe they save their "big re-works" for the version numbers like 3.0 and 4.0
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Jan 2010   #14
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Some of the new things are disabled by default if some weren't aware.

about:config -

browser.allTabs.previews
(default is False) set to True for tab switcher button at the top right.

browser.ctrlTab.previews (default is False) set to True. Ctrl+Tab

browser.taskbar.previews.enable (default is False) set to True for taskbar previews.

html5.enable (default is False) set to true for html5 web standards support.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #15
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
Some of the new things are disabled by default if some weren't aware.

about:config -

browser.allTabs.previews
(default is False) set to True for tab switcher button at the top right.

browser.ctrlTab.previews (default is False) set to True. Ctrl+Tab

browser.taskbar.previews.enable (default is False) set to True for taskbar previews.

html5.enable (default is False) set to true for html5 web standards support.
Thanks for that Aaron

Thought I would mention that browser.taskbar.previews.enable when using strata40 is borked...it go out of array with it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #16
Grimmjow

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 
Mozilla drops Firefox 3.7, plans incremental upgrades

Rather than add features to Firefox only in once- or twice-a-year upgrades, Mozilla will quietly insert some functionality via its regular security updates, which appear every four to six weeks, said Mike Beltzner, director of Firefox.
That means Firefox 3.7, which was slated for a second quarter release, has been dropped from the development schedule, said Beltzner.....


Mozilla drops Firefox 3.7, plans incremental upgrades - Applications - ComputerworldUK
Maybe it's better that way. Or maybe not?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #17
MilesAhead

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
No problem here.
They are all the Jan. 15 3.6 RC2 Build 1. I've been using it since then. Everything works for me. Maybe they have to coordinate all the pizza and beer deliveries. Announcing it's the same old code would be a buzz kill.

Mozilla Firefox 3.6 Now Available!-smiley-computer006.gif


My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #18
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Grimmjow View Post
Rather than add features to Firefox only in once- or twice-a-year upgrades, Mozilla will quietly insert some functionality via its regular security updates, which appear every four to six weeks, said Mike Beltzner, director of Firefox.
That means Firefox 3.7, which was slated for a second quarter release, has been dropped from the development schedule, said Beltzner.....


Mozilla drops Firefox 3.7, plans incremental upgrades - Applications - ComputerworldUK
Maybe it's better that way. Or maybe not?
Whoa...that is a big announcement...I can't believe they dropped 3.7 (if this is true)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #19
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

This came out the first of the week... 3.7 is dead....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #20
Giever

Windows 7
 
 

One thing I'm glad they've fixed, which I noticed, was the font rendering in the menu/navigation bars. Whenever I used a glass effect (have been using Strata40 with aero glass), there would always be weird issues with the last character in a line of them, like "0" would have the last third of it cut off and not show up, same with some other characters. Now everything shows up fine, so, cool.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Mozilla Firefox 3.6 Now Available!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Mozilla Firefox 5
I've just installed today firefox5. I was unhappy with it so i wanted to uninstall. Surprise. The following message appears " Your computer must be restarted to complete a previous upgrade of firefox. Do you want to reboot now? ". And this message keep comnig. I am restarting and firefox is still...
Browsers & Mail
Mozilla Firefox 4
Download starting... - Softpedia
Browsers & Mail
regarding Mozilla firefox
Dear all , Whenever i open mozilla , unwanted adds and windows, advertisements will open . Like some download links will be , when i click some other windows will open . Is there any way to avoid them , pls let me know .
Browsers & Mail
UAC+Mozilla Firefox
Hey. Sometime during the last week was Mozilla Firefox into USC (user account control device) list, which means that I have to press yes every time I open a new window. I'm using Windows 7 (64bit) (Home Premium I think). This is not a vital, yet incredibly annoying when you want to hurry up a...
Browsers & Mail
Mozilla Firefox
I've been experiencing very slow start up times with firefox 3.5, so i googled a solution and came up with this: Workaround for Firefox 3.5 slow startups on Windows - Mozilla Links I followed the directions but couldn't seem to find some of the folders it suggested i took care of, using the...
Browsers & Mail
Mozilla Firefox not installing.
I just upgraded to Windows 7 and am trying to install 3.5.3 of MF. It gets to a point where it asks me to log in as the Current User or input a password for Administrator. I am the Administrator, just my User name is different. Anyways, if I install as the current user it says the files did not...
Browsers & Mail


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App