Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows XP No IE9 For You!!!!

View Poll Results: Would you trust the OP to fix your PC?
Yes 1 0.15%
No 4 0.59%
Absolutely not, I wouldn't even let him near my toaster. 669 99.26%
Voters: 674. You may not vote on this poll

26 Mar 2010   #121
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

If a small business is that concerned about security, which it should be, its browser choice should be the least of its concern...IE9 is not going to fill that gap... updating the OS is the first step... if switching an OS is going to put them out of business, I suggest they were already in financial trouble...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Mar 2010   #122
MadMaxData

Windows 7 Enterprise x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
I suggest they were already in financial trouble...
Many are indeed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Mar 2010   #123
MadMaxData

Windows 7 Enterprise x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pezzonovante View Post
Talking about business users, check out this link:
More than half of businesses to use Windows 7 by the end of 2010
From the survey article...
Quote:
The survey was performed on 923 businesses in January
Unfortunately, it gives no indication of the size of the businesses, their net worth, or financial stability.

I guess I've already said all I wanted to say. No sense in beating a dead horse [pun intended].
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Mar 2010   #124
ACR731

Win 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MadMaxData View Post
Unfortunately, it gives no indication of the size of the businesses, their net worth, or financial stability.

The size of the business doesn't matter. Even the wealthy businesses won't be willing to fork over what could amount to millions to upgrade their networks and PC's to Win 7 when XP is working fine and they have no logical reason to upgrade.

The bottom line is MS is trying to force everyone to upgrade to Win 7 to be able to take advanntage of IE9. Most will say screw MS and use a different browser that in most cases will be better and more secure.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Mar 2010   #125
Everlong

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
BTW those of us that were around for the first few years of XP will remember it got just as bad press as Vista and up until SP2 was widely regarded as a buggy unstable OS (like vista this was due to bad 3rd party driver support).

This is what everyone forgets when they're badmouthing Vista. I had a shedload more problems when XP was released than when Vista was first released, and still when I first got Vista 6 months after release I never had any problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Mar 2010   #126
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ACR731 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MadMaxData View Post
Unfortunately, it gives no indication of the size of the businesses, their net worth, or financial stability.

The size of the business doesn't matter. Even the wealthy businesses won't be willing to fork over what could amount to millions to upgrade their networks and PC's to Win 7 when XP is working fine and they have no logical reason to upgrade.

The bottom line is MS is trying to force everyone to upgrade to Win 7 to be able to take advanntage of IE9. Most will say screw MS and use a different browser that in most cases will be better and more secure.
When Vista came, our small business upgraded 5 of then 6 computers to Vista. Now we have 13 computers, two running Vista and 11 Windows 7 with Virtual PC and XP Mode.

And we are not wealthy! We have upgraded because there were several logical reasons.

I am missing your point.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Mar 2010   #127
logicearth

Windows 10 Pro (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coco15 View Post
I'am a PC Techie for last 12 months..
12 months? 12 whole months? You know you should really not tell us that. Nor should you be proud of that. Many of us have been in the field for a lot longer. For example I've had my job as a Systems Administrator over thousands of computer spanning the globe for 4 years now. And that is only my latest full-time job.

If you are going to talk bullshit you should talk to people with less brain capacity then yourself.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Mar 2010   #128
ACR731

Win 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
[
12 months? 12 whole months? You know you should really not tell us that. Nor should you be proud of that. Many of us have been in the field for a lot longer. For example I've had my job as a Systems Administrator over thousands of computer spanning the globe for 4 years now. And that is only my latest full-time job.

If you are going to talk bullshit you should talk to people with less brain capacity then yourself.

LOL..... I've been building / working on PC's since the Windows 3.1 days. I've been using PC's since around 1985. The PC I used back then ran DOS 6 (I think that was the version) and had a 20mb hard drive. Can you imagine thinking 20mb was a large drive back then? Those were the days. I paid $299 for a 3gb hard drive in 1997; I think that was the largest HDD on the market at the time, or close to it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Mar 2010   #129
ACR731

Win 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post

I am missing your point.
The point is businesses will upgrade if they have a need to, and they won't if they don't. But they definitely don't want to be forced to upgrade by greedy monopolists like Microsoft.

My business hasn't upgraded because we can't; not because of cost, instead its because of compatibility problems with our existing applications. I personally use Win 7 and like it, but I can't use it at work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Mar 2010   #130
logicearth

Windows 10 Pro (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ACR731 View Post
The point is businesses will upgrade if they have a need to, and they won't if they don't. But they definitely don't want to be forced to upgrade by greedy monopolists like Microsoft.
Microsoft has not forced anyone to upgrade (Windows NT 4 is still used!). Those that are still using Windows XP in a business environment are most likely stilling using IE6 nonetheless making IE9 irreverent. Support for whatever does not exist forever, no company can afford to support everything they create forever.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows XP No IE9 For You!!!!




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App