Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 3 BSODs in a row...

28 Jul 2010   #1
darkw

Windows 7
 
 
3 BSODs in a row...

Windows 7 x64
Original installed OS on the system
OEM

HW: ASUS G51 2 weeks old
OS installed 2 weeks ago
_______________________

Was running always fine, with no problems.

Today i installed Freelancer and the mods to play online, as soon as i do it BSODs.

It auto reboots, when rebooting it auto starts MSN Messenger, then when messenger was logging in it BSOD's again, i didnt had touched Freelancer.

Then when posting this thread it BSODs again.


EDIT: oh, i forgot: after the 2nd BSOD, when i booted up the shutdown button disappeared from the start menu. then i rebooted the laptop and it was fine..
then the 3rd bsod occured


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Jul 2010   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkw View Post
Windows 7 x64
Original installed OS on the system
OEM

HW: ASUS G51 2 weeks old
OS installed 2 weeks ago

We really need the actual DMP file.

If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the "Crashes and Debugging" section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #3
darkw

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkw View Post
Windows 7 x64
Original installed OS on the system
OEM

HW: ASUS G51 2 weeks old
OS installed 2 weeks ago

We really need the actual DMP file.

If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the "Crashes and Debugging" section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.
i cant find a C:\Windows\Minidump folder.

if it exists i cant find it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Jul 2010   #4
darkw

Windows 7
 
 

anyone?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #5
darkw

Windows 7
 
 

its been another 2 BSOD's now

tried restoring...didnt work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #6
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

See this post to find out why no dumps are being created: https://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...tml#post687954
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #7
darkw

Windows 7
 
 

done. now lets wait for another one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #8
darkw

Windows 7
 
 

tried it, but no minidump yet

and that mkes 6 BSODs in a day
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #9
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

How much free hard drive space do you have?

Do you have the page file set to System Managed?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #10
darkw

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
How much free hard drive space do you have?

Do you have the page file set to System Managed?
i have 2 HDDs, one with 195gb free and one with 120gb free.


i had it to system managed, it automaticly had 4085mb, because i have 4096mb ram and it wasnt dumping anything with that defenitions i turned it to manual with 6127mb.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 3 BSODs in a row...




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Lenovo T440s, multiple BSODs. Hardware replaced but BSODs continue
Thanks in advance for any advice. The BDODs appear to be of multiple types. Motherboard, RAM, wireless card and SSD were all replaced in early October and system completely reinstalled but BSODs continue. They are more likely to occur 1-2 min after waking from sleep, but recently also occurred...
BSOD Help and Support
please help.. BSODs :(
Hi All, I tried to do everything but I'm still getting BSODs... I uninstalled the ati driver, used also driver sweeper and installed the latest one from the official site. But it's even worse than ever before... I'm really lost and need some help. Thanks so much in advance for any comments...
BSOD Help and Support
BSODs, lots of BSODS
Hi, The blue screen of death are coming with win32k.sys, at first then irql_not_less_or_equal. I have win7 64 bit, clean installed like 1 year or so back. The dell hardware I bought was almost 2 years back but was fully replaced, motherboard, cpu except hardrive 6 months back. It is...
BSOD Help and Support
Help with BSODs
Any help is appreciated, hopefully there is data in here to determine which driver is causing the blue screens. - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits - This PC is a little more than 1 year old, and was upgraded from a pre-installed Vista using the upgrade CDs from the manufacturer . - BSODs started...
BSOD Help and Support
BSODs FTW
Background.. built a custom PC June 14 2010.. shortly after started getting BSODs. Made sure all drivers were up-to-date.. ran several different system tests including memtest for 14 hours. No problems detected... and thats it.. file is attached per captains instructions. Ran Burnintest for 11...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:26.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App