Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: random blue screens with new pc

10 Aug 2010   #21
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

There are just too many different RAM manufacturers and models for them to test, sometimes there are issues with chip size, single side/double side, configurations.

I'll do some checking on compatibility and post back.

Edit:
The newest BIOS version is FH.

Have you flashed BIOS before?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Aug 2010   #22
xtexistenz

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
There are just too many different RAM manufacturers and models for them to test, sometimes there are issues with chip size, single side/double side, configurations.

I'll do some checking on compatibility and post back.

Edit:
The newest BIOS version is FH.

Have you flashed BIOS before?
nope.. i have no idea how to do that, is that really needed? i'll do it if so..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Aug 2010   #23
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xtexistenz View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
In CPUZ look at the 'Mainboard' tab and tell us the BIOS version number.
says "FE"

by the way i just found something in google someone saying that i5 processors are picky with ram memory and that they don't work with all memory sticks, hmm not sure if this is true..
I have not seen any issues with i5 and RAM, some motherboards have issues with some RAM.

My i5 750 is running great with Corsair RAM, BTW the model I'm using wasn't on the MOBO compatible RAM list.

Let's look at some other things before we update the BIOS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Aug 2010   #24
xtexistenz

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xtexistenz View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
In CPUZ look at the 'Mainboard' tab and tell us the BIOS version number.
says "FE"

by the way i just found something in google someone saying that i5 processors are picky with ram memory and that they don't work with all memory sticks, hmm not sure if this is true..
I have not seen any issues with i5 and RAM, some motherboards have issues with some RAM.

My i5 750 is running great with Corsair RAM, BTW the model I'm using wasn't on the MOBO compatible RAM list.

Let's look at some other things before we update the BIOS.
oh ok.. i have to go for an hour or so.. be right back then.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Aug 2010   #25
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Read the BIOS section of you MOBO manual.

Set your RAM timings manually to 9-9-9-24 and the DRAM voltage to 1.5v.
Thats the first four RAM timing settings, leave the rest on 'Auto'.

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.) > Advanced Memory Settings > DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD) > select Quick
Channel A Timing Settings > set the first four to 9-9-9-24, leave the rest on Auto.

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.) > Advanced Voltage Settings > DRAM Voltage, set to 1.5v.

Save and exit. Should be "<F10> Save all the changes and exit the BIOS Setup program".

Let us know if you have any questions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Aug 2010   #26
xtexistenz

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
Read the BIOS section of you MOBO manual.

Set your RAM timings manually to 9-9-9-24 and the DRAM voltage to 1.5v.
Thats the first four RAM timing settings, leave the rest on 'Auto'.

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.) > Advanced Memory Settings > DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD) > select Quick
Channel A Timing Settings > set the first four to 9-9-9-24, leave the rest on Auto.

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.) > Advanced Voltage Settings > DRAM Voltage, set to 1.5v.

Save and exit. Should be "<F10> Save all the changes and exit the BIOS Setup program".

Let us know if you have any questions.
done, should this make any difference? they were already set to those values but they were on auto thats all

thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Aug 2010   #27
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

It can eliminate a settings variation issue.

Have you gotten any BSoD since manually setting the RAM timings?

Did you install the CPU?
Was there a guide you followed?

This is likely a separate issue.
I recommend you start using an anti-virus, Microsoft Security Essentials is free and very good. Use this with the Windows firewall.
You should definitely be running an anti-virus.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Aug 2010   #28
xtexistenz

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
It can eliminate a settings variation issue.

Have you gotten any BSoD since manually setting the RAM timings?

Did you install the CPU?
Was there a guide you followed?

This is likely a separate issue.
I recommend you start using an anti-virus, Microsoft Security Essentials is free and very good. Use this with the Windows firewall.
You should definitely be running an anti-virus.
hmm so far no bsod's but i'll run memtest86+ tomorrow on a cold boot, i did install the cpu and followed a guide, i don't think thats the problem :P

i never download new applications to get viruses like that.. if i get them from doing nothing.. then theres a problem with the windows firewall and i'll just get a better firewall, so far my PC is clean..

thanks a lot for your help! i'll let you know about that test tomorrow.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Aug 2010   #29
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

That's good news, let us know how the cold boot test goes.

You can get viruses from USB sticks, websites, e-mail, it is highly recommended to use an anti-virus if you connect to the internet or use any media device, CD/DVD, USB stick, external HDD.

It's just not worth the risk, MSE is very good and free, you have nothing to loose except all your data and OS due to virus infection.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Aug 2010   #30
xtexistenz

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
That's good news, let us know how the cold boot test goes.

You can get viruses from USB sticks, websites, e-mail, it is highly recommended to use an anti-virus if you connect to the internet or use any media device, CD/DVD, USB stick, external HDD.

It's just not worth the risk, MSE is very good and free, you have nothing to loose except all your data and OS due to virus infection.
ok just done that test and nothing has changed, i get errors again

so.. motherboard is broken?

thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 random blue screens with new pc




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
seemingly random blue screens and random codes
Hi ive recently been have a lot of random bsod and have been randomly freezing and restarting my system specs are os-Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit cp-AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 970 Processor x4 motherboard-asus m4a87td evo 870 crossfire ddr3 am3 usb 3.o sata 3 amd memory-4gb (2gbx4) ddr3/1333MHz Dual...
BSOD Help and Support
Random Blue Screens
Recently got new computer and it has been getting lot of blue screens. They show up very randomly as far as I can tell, sometimes when browsing web, sometimes when playing games. My Operating system is Windows 7 64-bit, and it is the orginal operating system on the computer. It came...
BSOD Help and Support
Random Blue Screens
I contacted this forum some time ago with repeated BSODs, which always cite ntsokrnl.exe+7040. I recently changed my motherboard, and the BSODs are still with me, exactly as before. I enclose the latest minidump. I would be eternally grateful if you guys could help me sort this out. In my research...
BSOD Help and Support
Random blue screens
This has happened 3 times now in the past few days, the first two times I was playing a game and the last time I was only chatting on MSN and watching a movie. Here is my Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 folder: Is Windows 7 . . . - x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64 - the original installed OS on the...
BSOD Help and Support
Random Blue Screens
Ok, I just cannot get to the bottom of this, each day when I turn my pc on I seem to either get a blue screen or my pc reboots just before windows. I have done a full system test which seems to come back ok with PC Check. I think all my drivers are up to date. My pc is: MSI 785GTM-E45 Phenom...
BSOD Help and Support
Plz help random blue screens
Hi Can anyone help me i keep getting random blue screens here is my error code and my dump file. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem:
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App