Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: "windows explorer has stopped working"

10 Dec 2010   #21
jademoore6

Windows 8.1 pro
 
 
Problem solved?

It seems that there are no major fix in this WMC crash Hope the DiVX find a solution and work through on their software, to avoid conflict with the Windows Media Center.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Dec 2010   #22
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Hello,

Uninstall all the codec packs like K-lite, VLC, DiVX players etc. reboot the System and install Shark Codec pack seems like lot of users don't have any issues.

Hope this helps,
Captain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2010   #23
jademoore6

Windows 8.1 pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
Hello,

Uninstall all the codec packs like K-lite, VLC, DiVX players etc. reboot the System and install Shark Codec pack seems like lot of users don't have any issues.

Hope this helps,
Captain
thanks sir jack! I have VLC currently installed on my system but haven't experience any problem..I don't install DiVX player for I think the error might happened again..I'm hoping that for the next update of DiVX they will fix this issue I'd like to play movies using WMP rather than any other software..I don't know why..I just like it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Dec 2010   #24
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jademoore6 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
Hello,

Uninstall all the codec packs like K-lite, VLC, DiVX players etc. reboot the System and install Shark Codec pack seems like lot of users don't have any issues.

Hope this helps,
Captain
thanks sir jack! I have VLC currently installed on my system but haven't experience any problem..I don't install DiVX player for I think the error might happened again..I'm hoping that for the next update of DiVX they will fix this issue I'd like to play movies using WMP rather than any other software..I don't know why..I just like it
VLC players also used DiVX codec it kind of universal codec
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2010   #25
jademoore6

Windows 8.1 pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jademoore6 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
Hello,

Uninstall all the codec packs like K-lite, VLC, DiVX players etc. reboot the System and install Shark Codec pack seems like lot of users don't have any issues.

Hope this helps,
Captain
thanks sir jack! I have VLC currently installed on my system but haven't experience any problem..I don't install DiVX player for I think the error might happened again..I'm hoping that for the next update of DiVX they will fix this issue I'd like to play movies using WMP rather than any other software..I don't know why..I just like it
VLC players also used DiVX codec it kind of universal codec
I see sir jack, maybe you are talking about the newer version of VLC player..I'm using the very old one hahahahaha..so no codec are installed on my system.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Oct 2011   #26
juppi kumar

karnataka
 
 

I also faced this problem ...Uninstall Windows Codecs ....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 "windows explorer has stopped working"




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
"Windows Explorer has stopped working" when attempting to copy
This is sort of odd. I'm moving some folders from my laptop's internal HD to an external one (actually copy and delete, but close enough), but with one folder I can't get to first base. Just one. I haven't had a problem using the drag-and-drop method inside WE for any of the others. It doesn't...
General Discussion
"Windows Explorer has stopped working" on startup after update
After updating yesterday, explorer.exe no longer starts correctly, either on startup or manually. A windows restore to before my latest updates fixes the problem, but installing the updates causes the problem again. I do want to keep the system up to date, so I figure I shouldn't just turn...
General Discussion
"Windows Explorer stopped working" whenever trying to move a file
Hi All, Let me get right to the point... Background: I just changed my hard disk because my old one's integrity is at 2% to a point where I couldn't even load Windows. So, I reinstalled everything: Win 7 Ultimate x32 and all other third-party software that I use. All the installation...
General Discussion
"Windows Explorer has stopped working" error repeatedly.
when i switch on the laptop, i got "Windows Explorer has stopped working" and then it try to restart "Windows Explorer is restarting".. it happened continuously and after about 5 min, it run normally. it always happened at the start up and seldom happened when i try to open the folder. I'm...
Performance & Maintenance
"Windows Explorer has stopped working" error endlessly.
Hey guys, When I am on my computer, I continuously get the "Windows Explorer has stopped working.." error, and then "Windows Explorer is restarting.." It doesn't matter what I am doing, and it occurs roughly every 1 minute. Sometimes less. I'm not sure what the problem is. It started...
General Discussion
Search Index "Windows explorer has stopped working" error
Hello, I problem I have been geting in the past 2 days is that whenever I use the search index, like for example look in my librarys, program files, or look for anything on my computer, a box pops up saying "Windows explorer has stopped working", and whatever im searching for will automaticaly...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:01.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App