New Graphic Card GeForce 9800 GT Causes Bluescreen Please Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 8
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
       #1

    New Graphic Card GeForce 9800 GT Causes Bluescreen Please Help


    Thank You For Helping me out heres my problem.

    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

    Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 116
    BCP1: 85AD5008
    BCP2: 948FB326
    BCP3: 00000000
    BCP4: 00000002
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

    Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\091310-68141-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Sergiosmith\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-192271-0.sysdata.xml

    Currently I installed a New Graphic Card and downloaded/installed new drivers.
    I am not sure how to Open Dumps But Here is the Link to Download it if you wish

    zSHARE - 091310-68141-01.dmp

    The BlueScreen error Occurs every time I use heavy graphic Programs such as World Of warcraft
    Sims 3

    But The computer works fine when running light graphic Apps Like
    S4League
    Or Normal Use (surf the Internet etc).

    I Have My Display Driver Up To Date,
    If there is any more information Needed Please tell me how to get this info.

    Thank You Once again for your Time

    Additional Info :
    CPU AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+,
    2199 MHz 2GB's of Ram Windows 7 Ultimate

    Graphic Card: VGA GeForce Nvidia 9800 GT

    The Problem Freezes my display, then shuts the monitor off, it goes back on and the bluescreen comes out
    Last edited by Sergioespaillat; 13 Sep 2010 at 20:18. Reason: Additional Information
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 712
    Windows 7 x64, Windows XP SP3, Fedora
       #2

    It is pretty obvious that the problem is related to the new graphics card - so, run the following stress test to confirm it.

    Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

    However - this problem could be due to a low-quality PSU messing up the power that the graphics card uses.

    What brand/model PSU are you using?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 8
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Its an ADW 50063
    PeakLoad 500w
    I suppose it might be, if I run this test and the computer goes to blue screen, what do you suggest I do?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 712
    Windows 7 x64, Windows XP SP3, Fedora
       #4

    Depends - is your graphics card still under warranty?

    If so then get it replaced.

    If not, then consider replacing the PSU as it could be causing your problems.

    One of these is good - Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 8
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
    Thread Starter
       #5

    so you suggest I upgrade my PSU? could you explain in detail please (Im fairly new at getting physical with computers) I ran the benchmark a while back and it caused a bluescreen around 90 degrees, not sure what this means but I ran it before.

    The Card Was bought off an ebay seller who is suggesting it might be the power supply as well, he is researching as well.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 712
    Windows 7 x64, Windows XP SP3, Fedora
       #6

    The quality of a PSU is not just related to the amount of power it (theoretically) can put out.

    Factors such as the "cleanness" of the power supplied (ie; no spikes in voltage) come into play too.

    See here for a very detailed article on the whole thing - Power Supply Information and Selection

    So, a bad PSU can cause BSODs etc, especially if your new graphics card is trying to draw more power than the PSU can handle.

    However, now that I know this
    Sergioespaillat said:
    The Card Was bought off an ebay seller who is suggesting it might be the power supply as well,
    In my opinion - it was a broken graphics card to start with. One way to test this is to use it in another machine (preferably one with a good PSU) and see if it causes problems there.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 8
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
    Thread Starter
       #7

    well if it sounds fishy, here is the message when I told him about my problems.


    "Ok, so I've been researching this for you and this is what I can tell. The error code is definitely something to do with the drivers (since it works normally until you try to do
    something graphics intensive, and then it is lacking something that makes it crash). I would
    recommend first running Windows Update and seeing if that resolves anything. Second, you may
    need to reinstall WoW, as it may have installed information which was specific to your old
    graphics card. Re-installing might resolve those issues. Third, make sure that the fan is
    working and the power supply is properly plugged in. I don't think the problem is physical,
    but it may have something to do with the power supply. Also, do you have the monitor plugged
    into the graphics card's output plug? Let me know if any of this resolves the issues.
    Thanks, Taylor"

    All Quoted, So I don't think his intension's were to sell a faulty card but I will test the card on another computer to see what happens.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 28,845
    Win 8 Release candidate 8400
       #8

    Ebay called job security for computer technicians.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 8
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
    Thread Starter
       #9

    zigzag3143 said:
    Ebay called job security for computer technicians.
    I'm sorry wot? didn't understand the purpose of that reply O_0
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 712
    Windows 7 x64, Windows XP SP3, Fedora
       #10

    Sergioespaillat said:
    well if it sounds fishy, here is the message when I told him about my problems.

    Ok, so I've been researching this for you and this is what I can tell. The error code is definitely something to do with the drivers (since it works normally until you try to do something graphics intensive, and then it is lacking something that makes it crash). I would recommend first running Windows Update and seeing if that resolves anything. Second, you may need to reinstall WoW, as it may have installed information which was specific to your old graphics card. Re-installing might resolve those issues. Third, make sure that the fan is working and the power supply is properly plugged in. I don't think the problem is physical, but it may have something to do with the power supply. Also, do you have the monitor plugged into the graphics card's output plug? Let me know if any of this resolves the issues.
    Thanks, Taylor
    All Quoted, So I don't think his intension's were to sell a faulty card but I will test the card on another computer to see what happens.
    From that it doesn't seem like his intentions were to sell a faulty card.

    However, this is not a driver problem - the drivers were up-to-date [July 10 2010] and the stress test caused a BSOD (sign of hardware problem).

    Run the stress test on the other PC too (make sure you have installed the most up to date drivers first - Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers)

    Sergioespaillat said:
    zigzag3143 said:
    Ebay called job security for computer technicians.
    I'm sorry wot? didn't understand the purpose of that reply O_0
    I think he was meaning "Ebay is otherwise known as job security for computer technicians" - ie; parts bought from it are often faulty.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:20.
Find Us