Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What Is a lue Screen Error ? Just Had one on my lappie

03 Oct 2010   #1
aahana86

windows 7
 
 
What Is a blue Screen Error ? Just Had one on my lappie

its been nearly 6 months that i am using a msi lappie with windows 7 and for the first time today my lappie had a blue screen error i was running Photoshop CS5 and firefox and it suddenly had a crash

can anyone explain what is it ?

and is it very harmful ? if so what steps must i take to protect my Laptop


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Oct 2010   #2
Lemur

Systems 1 and 2: Windows 7 Enterprise x64, Win 8 Developer
 
 

A blue screen is literally seeing a blue screen on your monitor, a warning, and you system has come to a halt. It's a critical error. Unaffectionately known as blue screen of death (bsod), it is usually due to a hardware, driver, or software problem or conflict.

If you have a bsod, follow these directions:

https://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

A bsod might look something like this:
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Oct 2010   #3
aahana86

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
A blue screen is literally seeing a blue screen on your monitor, a warning, and you system has come to a halt. It's a critical error. Unaffectionately known as blue screen of death (bsod), it is usually due to a hardware, driver, or software problem or conflict.

If you have a bsod, follow these directions:

https://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

A bsod might look something like this:
thx dear i did restart my lappie immediately and nope i havent installed any new hardware or software recently
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Oct 2010   #4
youllbelost

Dual Booting Windows 7 64-Bit Ultimate Edition and Fedora 16.
 
 

Have you installed new drivers..??
Did you recently played with the Hardware??
Check out if your internal hardware is plugged in correctly.
or try replugging them firmly.


[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Oct 2010   #5
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aahana86 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
A blue screen is literally seeing a blue screen on your monitor, a warning, and you system has come to a halt. It's a critical error. Unaffectionately known as blue screen of death (bsod), it is usually due to a hardware, driver, or software problem or conflict.

If you have a bsod, follow these directions:

https://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

A bsod might look something like this:
thx dear i did restart my lappie immediately and nope i havent installed any new hardware or software recently
Upload your BSOD and we will take a look.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Oct 2010   #6
youllbelost

Dual Booting Windows 7 64-Bit Ultimate Edition and Fedora 16.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
Upload your BSOD and we will take a look.
Also fill up your system specs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Oct 2010   #7
aahana86

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by youllbelost View Post
Have you installed new drivers..??
Did you recently played with the Hardware??
Check out if your internal hardware is plugged in correctly.
or try replugging them firmly.


[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
no nothing new installed and i had the same error as the attachment made by lemur
however after the crash i noticed - the space on my c drive is shown less by almost 12 gb !!

previously it was free around 73.5 GB now its down to 59.4 - how the heck did this happen ??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Oct 2010   #8
youllbelost

Dual Booting Windows 7 64-Bit Ultimate Edition and Fedora 16.
 
 

Upload your BSOD, afap.
If you have a Desktop try to replace your Hard-Drive with another one which has a OS installed in it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Oct 2010   #9
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aahana86 View Post
its been nearly 6 months that i am using a msi lappie with windows 7 and for the first time today my lappie had a blue screen error i was running Photoshop CS5 and firefox and it suddenly had a crash

can anyone explain what is it ?

and is it very harmful ? if so what steps must i take to protect my Laptop
Windows has taken the steps to protect your computer for you. A BSOD crash occurs because Windows detects a problem. Windows shuts the computer down to prevent damage to the components and records the event in a dump file.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Oct 2010   #10
aahana86

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aahana86 View Post
its been nearly 6 months that i am using a msi lappie with windows 7 and for the first time today my lappie had a blue screen error i was running Photoshop CS5 and firefox and it suddenly had a crash

can anyone explain what is it ?

and is it very harmful ? if so what steps must i take to protect my Laptop
Windows has taken the steps to protect your computer for you. A BSOD crash occurs because Windows detects a problem. Windows shuts the computer down to prevent damage to the components and records the event in a dump file.
thank u
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 What Is a lue Screen Error ? Just Had one on my lappie




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Backup Screen options/info screen blank; Error (0x80070422)
History: I recently changed motherboards and removed a 2nd hard drive which contained win 8.1. The system now has one drive with Win 7 Pro on it. My backups have been going to a removable seagate usb 3.0 drive and was not always plugged into the system, so occasionally I got a notice that windows...
Backup and Restore
Need New Lappie
Guys, I know zilch about Laptops. I found one at new egg and wonder what the opinions on it are. MSI GT Series GT70 0ND-491US Notebook Intel Core i7 3630QM(2.40GHz) 17.3" 16GB Memory DDR3 1600 128GB SSD 750GB HDD 7200rpm BD Burner NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX - Newegg.com Oh yes, does it have...
Hardware & Devices
Win7?, or the lappie?, or the router? Equals no Internet
A Dell XPS i7 laptop, Win7 up to date, running quite well in all respects. OK, bar one! No internet connection. Why? The D-Link 111 router lights look good: DSL is rock steady. WAN blinks. Internet blinks. All as normal. Putting a wire between the router & Dell lights the router port...
Network & Sharing
Help with blue screen auto reboot, Stop: 0x0000007B error screen
Hello, I have an HP Pavilion g series laptop (running win7) that is in a continuous restarting loop. This happened after the computer auto updated (windows update). I do not know what was updated, but now every time the laptop starts up it seems to be in a continuous rebooting loop after the...
BSOD Help and Support
How to restore my DELL lappie to the factory image?
Well, DELL M101z (Inspiron 1120) manual says Press F8 when the DELL logo appears, to bring the Advanced Boot Options. When I do that ( I have tried a hundred times) it does not happen and the lappie merrily goes on to the first screen to select Ubuntu light or Windows 7 - by default boots into...
Hardware & Devices
Blue Screen Error and Change of Screen Resolution
I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 15. The problem I am facing now is The screen resolution changes by itself and after this, a blue screen error comes and computer restarts again. Please Help me on this.. Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate N (32 Bit) Processor: Core i3
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App