Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Blank blue screen. Please help!

15 Dec 2010   #1
viged

Windows 7 ultimate 32bit
 
 
Blank blue screen. Please help!

Blank blue screen (not BSOD) sometimes appears after booting windows 7 until the desktop. The computer does not respond to pressing ctrl-alt-del and reset. Only if I turn off the power. In serious games, and stress tests, no problems. Last updated bios on the MB ASUS. All drivers and windows updates are latest. In what may be the reason? Please help!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Dec 2010   #2
osholt

Windows 7 Profesional x86, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
 
 

Can you boot into Safe Mode? If so collect the Dump file for this by following the guide at https://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html and start a new thread in the Crashes and Debugging forum with all the relevant info mentioned in the guide.

If you can't boot into safe mode or can't find the dump file start a thread there anyway asking for help on how to do so. Our experts on BSoDs will be more than happy to help.

Oli
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2010   #3
viged

Windows 7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

I did not BSOD. Only pure blue screen with no text and number of any message!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Dec 2010   #4
viged

Windows 7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by osholt View Post
Can you boot into Safe Mode? If so collect the Dump file for this by following the guide at https://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html and start a new thread in the Crashes and Debugging forum with all the relevant info mentioned in the guide.

If you can't boot into safe mode or can't find the dump file start a thread there anyway asking for help on how to do so. Our experts on BSoDs will be more than happy to help.

Oli
I did not BSOD. Only pure blue screen with no text and numbers of any message!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2010   #5
Hopalong X

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 

I posted for more help.

I searched and didn't find anything to give me any ideas to help.
That is a new one for me.
Mike

They may want a BSOD report to help track the main problem down. Hardware, software or drivers even though technically it may not be a BSOD.
The report covers a huge amount of system info.
You still have to get past the blue screen for the info.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2010   #6
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64, Arch Linux
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by viged View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by osholt View Post
Can you boot into Safe Mode? If so collect the Dump file for this by following the guide at https://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html and start a new thread in the Crashes and Debugging forum with all the relevant info mentioned in the guide.

If you can't boot into safe mode or can't find the dump file start a thread there anyway asking for help on how to do so. Our experts on BSoDs will be more than happy to help.

Oli
I did not BSOD. Only pure blue screen with no text and numbers of any message!
Can you boot into safe mode with networking?
If so upload a screenshot of the event viewer
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2010   #7
Hopalong X

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 

If you need it click Safe Mode tutorial.
https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/69585-safe-mode.html

Method One you will see second option in list with networking.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2010   #8
viged

Windows 7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by viged View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by osholt View Post
Can you boot into Safe Mode? If so collect the Dump file for this by following the guide at https://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html and start a new thread in the Crashes and Debugging forum with all the relevant info mentioned in the guide.

If you can't boot into safe mode or can't find the dump file start a thread there anyway asking for help on how to do so. Our experts on BSoDs will be more than happy to help.

Oli
I did not BSOD. Only pure blue screen with no text and numbers of any message!
Can you boot into safe mode with networking?
If so upload a screenshot of the event viewer
I get a blank blue screen sometimes, about once every 3 days,when I turn on the computer ! In event viewer I do not have any errors..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2010   #9
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64, Arch Linux
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by viged View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by viged View Post

I did not BSOD. Only pure blue screen with no text and numbers of any message!
Can you boot into safe mode with networking?
If so upload a screenshot of the event viewer
I get a blank blue screen sometimes, about once every 3 days,when I turn on the computer ! In event viewer I do not have any errors..
Is your system set to create minidumps?
Set MiniDump
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2010   #10
viged

Windows 7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by viged View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Can you boot into safe mode with networking?
If so upload a screenshot of the event viewer
I get a blank blue screen sometimes, about once every 3 days,when I turn on the computer ! In event viewer I do not have any errors..
Is your system set to create minidumps?
Set MiniDump
not only dump memory
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Blank blue screen. Please help!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
win 7 64 SP1, no desktop just blank blue screen after boot
I need help guys, my desktop just has a blue screen after a boot, no desktop just a mouse pointer. I can boot to safe mode with networking and access some of the programs but while in safe mode I cannot access the control panel, my documents, pictures, computer, etc. I keep getting this message: ...
General Discussion
HELP WITH BLANK BLUE SCREEN w/ no text
Hey, I built a computer for the first time and I recently updated my GPU from a Radeon HD 4350 to a Radeon HD 6790. When I played games w/ the Radeon HD 4350, I never got the blank blue screen problem and now that I installed my new GPU, the radeon hd 6790, I start to get it randomly while playing...
BSOD Help and Support
Randomly get BSOD, Blank blue screen w/ updated GPU
Hey, I built a computer for the first time and I recently updated my GPU from a Radeon HD 4350 to a Radeon HD 6790. When I played games w/ the Radeon HD 4350, I never got the BSOD and now that I install my new GPU, I start to get it randomly while playing games. I even replaced my 500w PSU to a...
BSOD Help and Support
Blank Blue Screen (Not BSOD)
Okay, I have a problem involving my computer. It's a newly built machine, say, about 2 weeks old. Custom built of course. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate edition. The problem is that whenever I turn my computer on in the morning/afternoon after it's been shutdown for the night it...
BSOD Help and Support
After start up Windows screen is blank and blue
This morning when I turned on the computer after loading the screen is blank and blue. Yesterday everything was fine, but today that is not. Nothing is working properly. First, the only thing is I can run Task Manager. From there I see that explorer.exe is running. There are no desktop icons,...
BSOD Help and Support
Blank Blue Screen (Not BSoD)
Ok, here is my problem When I switch on my computer it will freeze to a blank blue screen after around 2-5 minutes of using it. But If I reset my computer it will be working fine. Also if I press the power button and then the reset button straight after it will work fine to. So basically my...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:41.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App