Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: A Rebuild Gone Bad

09 Jan 2011   #81
profdlp

Main - Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-Bit; 2nd - Windows Server 2008 R2
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
...my case is pushing 140+Lbs and it's screwed into a Rack...
You must have your computer in an old refrigerator.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 Jan 2011   #82
TonyTiger2004

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTiger2004 View Post
And Mine has an LCD that displays numbers


Also has On Demand Overclock Controls, Clear Cmos and Green Power (energy efficient BS)
oh that's convenient!
I have a switch for my CMOS, and IO have a remote back panel switch extension for the CMOSCLR jumper so i don't have to dig under my video card, thopse things cancel each other out, i'm about to desolder that damn stich and add jumpers instead... warranty gone after? probably... but my case is pushing 140+Lbs and it's screwed into a Rack, i'm SOL if i have to clear my cmos or fumble with jumpers, there's also a massive GTX470 and a Cooling Duct in the way
Yeah its pretty sweet being at those buttons are at the edge of my motherboard so they cant get covered up easy to get to, easy to read, very convenient
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2011   #83
Tweek

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 & OSX 10.6
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by profdlp View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
...my case is pushing 140+Lbs and it's screwed into a Rack...
You must have your computer in an old refrigerator.
Naw, just big and lots of stuff...

here's half of it:

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Jan 2011   #84
Lollies

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Would the fact that the EVGA 9800 GX2 that I had which had DDR3 and the now EVGA GTX 580 which has DDR5 create a problem?

I'm thinking that I either need a lower grade card or I would need to upgrade my mobo & ram. I'm looking for a cheap card to try to at least get it running. But maybe my mobo just cant support it? I need a bios update, that is a given but i don't know if that will correct the problem.

Last Bios Update
Version 2402 Description Striker II Formula BIOS 2402
Fix it might take long time to recognize ATI 5850 VGA card at POST File Size 791.86 (KBytes) 2010/04/23 update
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2011   #85
TonyTiger2004

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Anytime you have a problem and your bios are out of date, thats the recommended time to update the bios, You would never want to update them unless your having some sort of issue so yes update them try that out..

As for the card being incompatible that isnt very likely, as typically most pcie cards all work in any pcie slow, where you get an issue is the speed of the PCIE but the cards will still work, just not up to their full potential.

- Tony
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2011   #86
Lollies

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTiger2004 View Post
Anytime you have a problem and your bios are out of date, thats the recommended time to update the bios, You would never want to update them unless your having some sort of issue so yes update them try that out..

As for the card being incompatible that isnt very likely, as typically most pcie cards all work in any pcie slow, where you get an issue is the speed of the PCIE but the cards will still work, just not up to their full potential.

- Tony
I can't access the bios because my screen is receiving no signal though so I can't update it or edit anything. The only thing I have not tried is swapping out the graphics cards to see if that is the problem.If it is not that then I do not know what it is.

I have found numerous posts about the same situation with either no replies or no solutions offered. I still can't figure out why it worked one day and the next started windows and then froze to start this mess.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2011   #87
Lollies

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

So I am borrowing my friends GPU right now and its goin all the way to "auto cfg" and then stopping. No display is visible, it is no longer stopping at "errormsg" but at "auto cfg". I've tried rewiring my SATA drives, changed the battery, and tried 1 stick of the four sticks of ram.

I can't imagine what it could be, anyone?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2011   #88
TonyTiger2004

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lollies View Post
So I am borrowing my friends GPU right now and its goin all the way to "auto cfg" and then stopping. No display is visible, it is no longer stopping at "errormsg" but at "auto cfg". I've tried rewiring my SATA drives, changed the battery, and tried 1 stick of the four sticks of ram.

I can't imagine what it could be, anyone?
Your down to your motherboard now, Have you tried reseting Cmos? If you have tried another GPU and still cant get your Display correct only thing you really have left is your motherboard. - TOny
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2011   #89
profdlp

Main - Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-Bit; 2nd - Windows Server 2008 R2
 
 

Sorry if this has already been tried, it's getting to be a long thread and I'm too lazy to read all the way through it again.

If you haven't already done so, go into the BIOS and look for something along the lines of "Reset ESCD". Enable it, save it and reboot.

If that makes no difference, try resetting the BIOS completely via the jumper. If you are not absolutely sure how to do that then make sure and ask beforehand.

EDIT: Wow, Tony - great minds think alike!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2011   #90
Lollies

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTiger2004 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lollies View Post
So I am borrowing my friends GPU right now and its goin all the way to "auto cfg" and then stopping. No display is visible, it is no longer stopping at "errormsg" but at "auto cfg". I've tried rewiring my SATA drives, changed the battery, and tried 1 stick of the four sticks of ram.

I can't imagine what it could be, anyone?
Your down to your motherboard now, Have you tried reseting Cmos? If you have tried another GPU and still cant get your Display correct only thing you really have left is your motherboard. - TOny
Tried resetting the Cmos multiple times, I have come to the conclusion that the mobo is messed up in some way. Guess I'm just gunna have to wait another 2 months to have a working desktop I guess...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by profdlp View Post
Sorry if this has already been tried, it's getting to be a long thread and I'm too lazy to read all the way through it again.

If you haven't already done so, go into the BIOS and look for something along the lines of "Reset ESCD". Enable it, save it and reboot.

If that makes no difference, try resetting the BIOS completely via the jumper. If you are not absolutely sure how to do that then make sure and ask beforehand.

EDIT: Wow, Tony - great minds think alike!
Can't access the Bios, the screen is receiving no signal. Tried it, changed nothing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 A Rebuild Gone Bad




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Index - Rebuild
How to Rebuild the Index in Windows 7 and Windows 8 The Index keeps track of the files on your computer and stores information about the files, including the file name, date modified, and properties like author, tags, and rating. The index is used to make searching for files in Windows much...
Tutorials
How to rebuild RAID 5 within W7
A few days after initial installation, I had a single drive error with my RAID 5 config. I am running three WD 500GB HDs in a RAID 5, with no other internal drives. I verified the questionable drive with slow scans. I used my Intel BIOS to add the drive back into my RAID. So far everything...
Hardware & Devices
Hd not showing up after a rebuild.
Hi there guys,I've just spent the last couple of hours stripping down my rig,for a clean but mainly to do something about the cable management.But since rebuilding it 2 problems have arisen. problem 1 On start up I'm getting the message boot manager is missing . I go through the steps...
Hardware & Devices
New rebuild... cant boot or run any OS
I have upgraded my computer in stages... I had a gateway from 2007. Then two weeks ago I upgraded to: Graphics card: GeoForce GTX550 Ti Power supply: 550W OS: Windows 7 (upgrade from Vista) After that, every time I booted the system I had to select Windows Vista or Windows 7. I always chose...
Hardware & Devices
Can't rebuild BCD
Hi, I've been running Windows 7 64 bit ultimate for a few weeks now and I went to turn on today and was presented with a black screen with the following error message: Windows had encountered a problem with I/O 0xc00000e9 boot\bcd I ran the repair utility on the windows 7 dvd and it...
Hardware & Devices
rebuild of OEM/HP
Well I finally committed to a buy of new mobo, CPU, CPU cooler and case to repair my fried mobo of my OEM HP desktop. It's only been 2 and half months.....deciding on upgrade mobo then old ram isn't going to work.....and on an on....sucks. So I just committed to replace the original parts with the...
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:05.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App