Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Please help me....new here

10 Jan 2011   #21
Shaikh

windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Joules View Post
If you battery is failing your gonna have crappy performance even with the laptop plugged in, I bet you ten to one you battery is shot....at this point though you could have anything going on including infection of malware or virus, you don't have windows defender running do you at the same time as microsoft security essentials.....those would be on the services tab....
mate windows defender is working fine and updated as well,,,, and i do not use battery at all it is removed and kept in a box in my wardrobe and i regularly use combifix tool to check for malwares and virus


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Jan 2011   #22
Shaikh

windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote:
i was wondering to delete all partitions and create new partitions using dos
That can be done easier with Disk Management. But I am not sure whether that solves your problem. You obviously have some conflicting processes - after we excluded some of the other possibilities, that's what comes to mind.

Do you remember what you might have installed at the time when the problem started.

yea i remember i used "fdisk /mbr" command
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2011   #23
EzioAuditore

Winbdows 7 ultimate x64 | Ubuntu 12.04 x64 LTS
 
 

You said that you did a fresh install, then what was the need of fixing the mbr?

Also, why you use combofix for malware scans? Can you analyze the log created by it? Were you instructed by someone on how to use it? Have you uninstalled it after its usage? IF you haven't type 'combofix /u' in the run box (Windows key+R, assuming it was saved to desktop).

If your comfortable with using these tools, its ok then but if you don't know how to use this tool, then better remain away from it. Its a special tool designed to be used in serious malware infections scenarios under the guidance of an expert. Don't mind but its not a child's play.
Read its Disclamer.

For home users tools like Malwarebytes AntiMalware, SuperAntiSpyware, Hitman Pro are enough.

Just to be sure all files folders related to combofix (and may be other tools you might have used) are removed, follow:
Please download OTC.exe by OldTimer:
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click OTC.exe.
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes.

Note: If any tool, file or folder hasn't been deleted, please delete it manually.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Jan 2011   #24
Shaikh

windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EzioAuditore View Post
You said that you did a fresh install, then what was the need of fixing the mbr?

Also, why you use combofix for malware scans? Can you analyze the log created by it? Were you instructed by someone on how to use it? Have you uninstalled it after its usage? IF you haven't type 'combofix /u' in the run box (Windows key+R, assuming it was saved to desktop).

If your comfortable with using these tools, its ok then but if you don't know how to use this tool, then better remain away from it. Its a special tool designed to be used in serious malware infections scenarios under the guidance of an expert. Don't mind but its not a child's play.
Read its Disclamer.

For home users tools like Malwarebytes AntiMalware, SuperAntiSpyware, Hitman Pro are enough.

Just to be sure all files folders related to combofix (and may be other tools you might have used) are removed, follow:
Please download OTC.exe by OldTimer:
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click OTC.exe.
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes.
Note: If any tool, file or folder hasn't been deleted, please delete it manually.
one of my friend said that try fdisk /mbr and you vil get good performancce after freash installation but i think from that time my system bekome a donkey cart....i will try ot prallel to this thanx mate

n yeah combo fix is deleted after each use
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2011   #25
EzioAuditore

Winbdows 7 ultimate x64 | Ubuntu 12.04 x64 LTS
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Joules View Post
If you battery is failing your gonna have crappy performance even with the laptop plugged in, I bet you ten to one you battery is shot....at this point though you could have anything going on including infection of malware or virus, you don't have windows defender running do you at the same time as microsoft security essentials.....those would be on the services tab....
mate windows defender is working fine and updated as well,,,, and i do not use battery at all it is removed and kept in a box in my wardrobe and i regularly use combifix tool to check for malwares and virus
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote:
i was wondering to delete all partitions and create new partitions using dos
That can be done easier with Disk Management. But I am not sure whether that solves your problem. You obviously have some conflicting processes - after we excluded some of the other possibilities, that's what comes to mind.

Do you remember what you might have installed at the time when the problem started.

yea i remember i used "fdisk /mbr" command
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EzioAuditore View Post
You said that you did a fresh install, then what was the need of fixing the mbr?

Also, why you use combofix for malware scans? Can you analyze the log created by it? Were you instructed by someone on how to use it? Have you uninstalled it after its usage? IF you haven't type 'combofix /u' in the run box (Windows key+R, assuming it was saved to desktop).

If your comfortable with using these tools, its ok then but if you don't know how to use this tool, then better remain away from it. Its a special tool designed to be used in serious malware infections scenarios under the guidance of an expert. Don't mind but its not a child's play.
Read its Disclamer.

For home users tools like Malwarebytes AntiMalware, SuperAntiSpyware, Hitman Pro are enough.

Just to be sure all files folders related to combofix (and may be other tools you might have used) are removed, follow:
Please download OTC.exe by OldTimer:
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click OTC.exe.
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes.
Note: If any tool, file or folder hasn't been deleted, please delete it manually.
one of my friend said that try fdisk /mbr and you vil get good performancce after freash installation but i think from that time my system bekome a donkey cart....i will try ot prallel to this thanx mate

n yeah combo fix is deleted after each use
Fixing mbr has nothing to do with computer performance. And are you comfortable with ComboFix? Can you analyze its log? If no, then better don't use it. Its for your good.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Please help me....new here




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App