Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD netw5s64

15 Jan 2011   #1
koreaboi22

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 
BSOD netw5s64

Greetings everyone,
I have a Toshiba Satellite A665 laptop
Windows 7 x64bit
and I encountered a BSOD.

crash dump file: C:\windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: netw5s64.sys (NETw5s64+0x1F7E65)
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x1097, 0x421000C, 0xFFFFFA8008EBEE00)
Error: BAD_POOL_CALLER
file path: C:\windows\system32\drivers\netw5s64.sys
product: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Adapter
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.


What should I do?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Jan 2011   #2
TonyTiger2004

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Hello Korea, Welcome to sevenforums!!

Your BAD_POOL_CALLER is typically a bad driver, but can be a memory issue, but we will save memtest86+ for after the drivers.

While im going through your current drivers that may need updating go ahead and go to the intel website and update your Intel Wireless Wifi Adapter. (netw5s64.sys) (Support for the Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN)

I will update this post with drivers that need to be updated.

UPDATE:
mcdbus.sys Tue Feb 24 04:34:07 2009 Update or Remove MagicISO (MagicISO - Convert BIN to ISO, Create, Edit, Burn, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter/extractor/editor)

GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 07:17:04 2009 Check for Update (CD-ROM Filter Drive) (GEAR Software - DVD Mastering Software & CD Burning Software & GEAR PRO Mastering)

Also Recommend Updating Your Avira Anti-Virus/Security. As those drivers are a little old but not out of the range of up to date drivers. (Knowledgebase for Home)

Also Go to Toshiba Support Website, as most of your Toshiba drivers tend to be close to What i call obsolete drivers. (Pushing the Date of 2009) (http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...p?nav=download)

- Tony
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2011   #3
koreaboi22

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Thank you foryour response
I uninstalled MagicIso a while back and I don't understand why this is coming up for no apparent reason.
I went that website and I updated my CD-ROM drive,
I switched from the trial version of Avira premium to the free version of Avira so that I can update easily.
I went to the Toshiba support website and I downloaded all of the missed drivers. However, I am confused on one part: my wireless adapter, Intel Centrino n 6200 says that the driver is uptodate and it was uploaded on 1/2010. But the most updated on Toshiba driver was 11/04/2010. It still stated that my driver is 1/2010. I hope this clarified a bit. Also, I would also add that when I tried to go to hibernation mode, my laptop would turn to sleep mode. Please help! thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Jan 2011   #4
TonyTiger2004

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by koreaboi22 View Post
Thank you foryour response
I uninstalled MagicIso a while back and I don't understand why this is coming up for no apparent reason.
I went that website and I updated my CD-ROM drive,
I switched from the trial version of Avira premium to the free version of Avira so that I can update easily.
I went to the Toshiba support website and I downloaded all of the missed drivers. However, I am confused on one part: my wireless adapter, Intel Centrino n 6200 says that the driver is uptodate and it was uploaded on 1/2010. But the most updated on Toshiba driver was 11/04/2010. It still stated that my driver is 1/2010. I hope this clarified a bit. Also, I would also add that when I tried to go to hibernation mode, my laptop would turn to sleep mode. Please help! thank you.
Go to your system32 directory (C:\Windows\System32) and Rename mcdbus.sys from .sys to .bak This will break it from starting up, obviously the magic ISO driver is still in your system32 folder, if you no longer see it then disregard.

As for your wireless adapter, as long as the support website states that it is up to date then thats good. Just wanted to make sure it was up to date because it was referenced in your dump file.

As for Hibernation and sleep modes.

Got to start type in Power Options click Power Options or hit (enter) Click choose when to turn off the display then click Change advanced power options.

In the dialog box scroll down and Expand Sleep your sleep and hibernation options are there. choose when to sleep and when to hibernate.


Post the results of your updated drivers if you get any BSOD.

- Tony
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2011   #5
cluberti

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Note that I have also been getting regular BSODs on my HP laptop since the last round of Windows Updates in this same driver. I don't know (yet) which update may be triggering it, but going back to the last driver release from 2009 and it's been stable. Going back to the 2010 release (March, I think) and the instability returns every time the system goes to sleep.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2011   #6
TonyTiger2004

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cluberti View Post
Note that I have also been getting regular BSODs on my HP laptop since the last round of Windows Updates in this same driver. I don't know (yet) which update may be triggering it, but going back to the last driver release from 2009 and it's been stable. Going back to the 2010 release (March, I think) and the instability returns every time the system goes to sleep.
That's Exactly Why i don't allow windows update to automatically install any critical/important updates. I check stability before i allow Windows Update to update any files.

Some will be totally against that. But this is just proof Windows Update can very well mess things up

- Tony
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2011   #7
koreaboi22

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Hello
I tried to search for the mcdbus but I canno locate it. does this mean it's not an issue anymore?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2011   #8
TonyTiger2004

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by koreaboi22 View Post
Hello
I tried to search for the mcdbus but I canno locate it. does this mean it's not an issue anymore?
Yes you should be clear. Let us know if you have any other issues or any new BSOD

- Tony
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2011   #9
cluberti

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTiger2004 View Post
That's Exactly Why i don't allow windows update to automatically install any critical/important updates. I check stability before i allow Windows Update to update any files.

Some will be totally against that. But this is just proof Windows Update can very well mess things up

- Tony
Windows update didn't update the driver, I did. I also have confirmation from Intel that there is a small problem with the driver from March on specific hardware (including my HP laptop), and after upgrading it to a version from April 2010 last night everything is fine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2011   #10
TonyTiger2004

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cluberti View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTiger2004 View Post
That's Exactly Why i don't allow windows update to automatically install any critical/important updates. I check stability before i allow Windows Update to update any files.

Some will be totally against that. But this is just proof Windows Update can very well mess things up

- Tony
Windows update didn't update the driver, I did. I also have confirmation from Intel that there is a small problem with the driver from March on specific hardware (including my HP laptop), and after upgrading it to a version from April 2010 last night everything is fine.

At least you got that figured out, Thanks for sharing

- Tony
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD netw5s64




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - NETw5s64
Hey guys, This has been going on for a month or two now. It happens very randomly. Sometimes when playing a game, sometimes when in Photoshop, sometimes when in a word processing program. There's no rhyme or reason. I have done all I can to figure it out myself. From what I've read about...
BSOD Help and Support
BSODs:NETw5s64.sys,vsdatant.sys,netio.sys, what to do?
I'm having random BSOD's on my HP pavilion dv6 2140ef with Windows 7 64-bit. - There seems to be no particular pattern to the crashes...twice a day in the average, not tied to any particular activity. - I've tested the memory, using recommended tools and the memory is fine. - I've checked...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App