Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD on registry defrag

22 Jun 2009   #11
grouchpunk08

Windows 7 Ultimate retail // Windows 7 build 7264 x64, Vista Home Premium SP2 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Generator View Post
It wasn't a personal dig at you. just everyone seems to swear by them and quite honestly there's no actual evidence that they do anything productive.

My comments may kick off a major argument but why chance your important files, saved games and general everyday going-on's over something that 'may' slightly speed up your system or just kill it out-right.

I've been running XP/Vista/Win7 without a single reg defrag now for about 7/8 months. (Triple booting)
With each 64bit Windows 7 leak I have upgraded (which everyone here seems to say NOOO to!) but my measly PC with 2gb ram is still going and I can play most games etc. that I can to throw at it.
I know it wasn't a negative jab at me, I was just stating my reasons for doing it. I've been told to do it, been told not to, so I decided to go for it, and it never did anything bad to vista, but win7 didn't seem to agree with it. And doing it in vista became a sort of habit in my maintenance routine. I don't think I'll be worrying about it anymore, even with 7 certified reg defraggers, its better to play it safe from here on out than to lose another installation


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Jun 2009   #12
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by grouchpunk08 View Post
I know it wasn't a negative jab at me, I was just stating my reasons for doing it. I've been told to do it, been told not to, so I decided to go for it, and it never did anything bad to vista, but win7 didn't seem to agree with it. And doing it in vista became a sort of habit in my maintenance routine. I don't think I'll be worrying about it anymore, even with 7 certified reg defraggers, its better to play it safe from here on out than to lose another installation
We always should try something out atleast once (unless someone says to throw your hard drive in the microwave :P), we learn from our mistakes
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2009   #13
raj11650

win 7 build 7600.16385 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by grouchpunk08 View Post
WHen I run the registry defrag that comes with auslogics boost speed on win 7 rc1 x64, it gives me the blue screen of death. Is this because 7's registry is different from vista's?
registry defrag is never recommended

it ends in prob than solving it!!!
most reg cleaner doesnt do the job neatly!!

reinstalling is best option always
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Jun 2009   #14
grouchpunk08

Windows 7 Ultimate retail // Windows 7 build 7264 x64, Vista Home Premium SP2 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGundam View Post
We always should try something out atleast once (unless someone says to throw your hard drive in the microwave :P), we learn from our mistakes
lol 'hard drive in the microwave'
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2009   #15
Generator

XP Pro SP3 x86/Vista SP2 x64/Win7 x64 Triple-boot
 
 

At the end of the day it has to be your choice with reg defrag's, but I learn't the hard way. I soon got fed up of re-formatting or trying to solve stupid little errors that shouldn't have been happening to start with.

If your system becomes slower than usual or it starts doing weird stuff, chances are it's something more serious than just your registry.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2009   #16
grouchpunk08

Windows 7 Ultimate retail // Windows 7 build 7264 x64, Vista Home Premium SP2 x64
 
 

Thanks for all the input guys. It's all greatly appreciated
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2009   #17
Generator

XP Pro SP3 x86/Vista SP2 x64/Win7 x64 Triple-boot
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by grouchpunk08 View Post
lol 'hard drive in the microwave'
Don't laugh too hard, my missus tried microwaving our childs track-suite to dry it quicker the other day.. And then asked me "What's that burning smell!'..

Seriously though, she did!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2009   #18
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by grouchpunk08 View Post
Thanks for all the input guys. It's all greatly appreciated
You are most welcome. Its always nice to see other persons' input on certain things aswell, another reason I love this forum (aside from it being active, helpful, etc.). =)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2009   #19
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Generator View Post
Don't laugh too hard, my missus tried microwaving our childs track-suite to dry it quicker the other day.. And then asked me "What's that burning smell!'..

Seriously though, she did!

Microwaving isn't a 'dryer' for anything lol. That is funny though, =P

My friend's brother told him to microwave his hard drive and it will make it a 1TB (his brother likes to joke, and my friend is very gullible) I went to his house as he was typing the numbers in the microwave I saw the HDD and was like 'STOP!!!!'
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2009   #20
grouchpunk08

Windows 7 Ultimate retail // Windows 7 build 7264 x64, Vista Home Premium SP2 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGundam View Post
Microwaving isn't a 'dryer' for anything lol. That is funny though, =P

My friend's brother told him to microwave his hard drive and it will make it a 1TB (his brother likes to joke, and my friend is very gullible) I went to his house as he was typing the numbers in the microwave I saw the HDD and was like 'STOP!!!!'
lol if only that actually worked... everyone would have a TB hdd.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD on registry defrag




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Is Registry Defrag Useful?
I've used many so-called system optimizers and have found many of them to include a registry cleaner and a registry defrag. There have been times after uninstalling a program that there are many references left behind by the program that are found by the registry scanner. Junk that I would like to...
Performance & Maintenance
Disk Defrag, Registry Defrag and Registry Cleaners
After that great response on "W7 running free forever???", I hope you folks can advise me on the following three subjects: Hard Disk Defrag Registry Defrag Registry Cleaning With the first two, I wonder if W7 inherent capabilities do just as good a job as any of the available programs now...
Performance & Maintenance
Registry clean or defrag?
Hello Should I use any prorams to clean or defrag my registry. If yes which once are recommended both free and paid. Yoni
General Discussion
BSOD after Auslogics Registry Defrag 0x000000f4
Is Windows 7 . . . - x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64 - the original installed OS on the system? No - an OEM or full retail version? full retail - What is the age of system (hardware)? 2~3 years - What is the age of OS installation 1~2 months I didn't use the BSOD Dump & System File Collection...
BSOD Help and Support
Registry Defrag Program
Is there such a thing as a free registry defrag program that anybody can point me in the right direction of ? TIA Steve
Performance & Maintenance
Glary Utilities Registry Defrag
Has anyone used this? Im always reluctant to use registry defraggers but this program does state windows 7 support.
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:34.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App