Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: ALOT of bluscreens and dumping

31 Jan 2011   #41
Djlaquest

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeanP View Post
Hello,
Please remove all CD Virtualization software such as Daemon Tools/Alcohol 120%. They use a file sptd.sys, which is notorious for BSOD. Once you're done, use this SPTD uninstaller: DuplexSecure - Downloads. Select Uninstall; do NOT select re-install.

You may use MagicIso is an alternative: Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview

Next, update these drivers. Old drivers are obsolete and can cause BSOD:
Quote:
ASACPI.sys Thu May 14 13:25:17 2009
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-
Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit " (it's about the 8th item down).
Quote:
AsIO.sys Mon Apr 06 19:21:08 2009 ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-/download.aspx
ASUS Cool 'N Quiet Mobo utility driver

Quote:
vmm.sys Wed Apr 08 01:25:54 2009 - See Above
Quote:
lirsgt.sys Mon Jan 30 00:13:28 2006 - part of a Copy Protection platform developed by Tages SA
Uninstall this software - causing issues on Windows 7 Systems.
Thx =) but i still cant find the damn driver when i find util, on the left search bar i cant press search. and its no things like util in the download section.
i got all in one pc audiodevice barebone broadband, desktop pc, etc etc etc

am i an meethead or am i blind?? 0.o or do u got another site? I used the link and everything 0.o i am so confuced


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
31 Jan 2011   #42
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Djlaquest View Post
Thx =) but i still cant find the damn driver when i find util, on the left search bar i cant press search. and its no things like util in the download section.
i got all in one pc audiodevice barebone broadband, desktop pc, etc etc etc

am i an meethead or am i blind?? 0.o or do u got another site? I used the link and everything 0.o i am so confuced
I am not sure which driver you are asking about. To find a driver file, use Windows Explorer and do a search of your C: drive for that file.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2011   #43
toothbrusher

windows xp 32 bit
 
 

Quote:
it seems as if the bsods are random. try scanning for viruses? i would recommend avg rescue cd since it doesnt need to install and scans without having to boot up.
Quote:
oki ill try, should i burn the cd or just use magic iso?
i believe since avg rescue cd is a bootup disk you cant mount it.

download the cd iso, burn it to a cd (i prefer imgburn).

instructions to use it are below(if you use the cd version no need to bother with the usb, i just find using cds simpler):

http://www.guidingtech.com/2083/avg-...yware-removal/

you will have to be able to boot it like a windows cd (have you ever installed windows from a virtual cd rom?)

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Djlaquest View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeanP View Post
Hello,
Please remove all CD Virtualization software such as Daemon Tools/Alcohol 120%. They use a file sptd.sys, which is notorious for BSOD. Once you're done, use this SPTD uninstaller: DuplexSecure - Downloads. Select Uninstall; do NOT select re-install.

You may use MagicIso is an alternative: Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview

Next, update these drivers. Old drivers are obsolete and can cause BSOD:
Quote:
ASACPI.sys Thu May 14 13:25:17 2009
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-
Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit " (it's about the 8th item down).
Quote:
lirsgt.sys Mon Jan 30 00:13:28 2006 - part of a Copy Protection platform developed by Tages SA
Uninstall this software - causing issues on Windows 7 Systems.
Thx =) but i still cant find the damn driver when i find util, on the left search bar i cant press search. and its no things like util in the download section.
i got all in one pc audiodevice barebone broadband, desktop pc, etc etc etc

am i an meethead or am i blind?? 0.o or do u got another site? I used the link and everything 0.o i am so confuced
the drivers at http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us are already searched for your particular mobo (maybe?).
on the middle of the page there is a drop down list with plus signs. those are drivers are ones for your sound card, chipset, etc.

and for deleting drivers, use driver sweeper.
http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

for additional information, windows drivers are usually stored in the following directories:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Jan 2011   #44
Djlaquest

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

oki, i run the antivirus cd, and found some tracking cookies. for some reason, have CCC lost alot of files, i cant open catalyst controll center and cant find the bootup file, and when i try to force the program open it have lost some files, and i cant uninstall it, how to manualy uninstall it? clean the reigster for everything and remove it from the windows uninstaller list, "Program and function" or whatever it calld. ?

and for some reason is deamontool still on the bootup list.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2011   #45
Djlaquest

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Djlaquest View Post
Thx =) but i still cant find the damn driver when i find util, on the left search bar i cant press search. and its no things like util in the download section.
i got all in one pc audiodevice barebone broadband, desktop pc, etc etc etc

am i an meethead or am i blind?? 0.o or do u got another site? I used the link and everything 0.o i am so confuced
I am not sure which driver you are asking about. To find a driver file, use Windows Explorer and do a search of your C: drive for that file.
i found the driver, i couldnt se the banner were to select driver or motherbord, but i think i have updated the driver atk0110 or what it was call'd.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2011   #46
Djlaquest

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

and if anyone can install anything in saftymode, pleas tell me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Feb 2011   #47
Djlaquest

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

bump
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Feb 2011   #48
Djlaquest

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

2 new bluescreen
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Feb 2011   #49
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64, Arch Linux
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Djlaquest View Post
2 new bluescreen
This text file provide no useable information. Upload the new dump files located in
C:\Windows\Minidump
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Feb 2011   #50
Djlaquest

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Djlaquest View Post
2 new bluescreen
This text file provide no useable information. Upload the new dump files located in
C:\Windows\Minidump
oki =)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 ALOT of bluscreens and dumping




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Physical Dumping Error
Hey guys i faced a Blue screen that says physical dumping memory and my computer autoamtically turned off . I have attached in the windows\minidump file please help me folks I own Windows 7 32 Bit Operating System Genuine Processor-Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6500 @2.10ghz Video Card Ati Mobility...
BSOD Help and Support
Dumping physical memory
Hello there. I am very new here. Yesterday I was on computer for a while, then left it open for like 2-3 hours. When I got back to it, the screen was blue with a text saying about dumping physical memory. I didn't know what to do so I hit a power button. After that I turned it back on the laptop...
BSOD Help and Support
Fix MBR after dumping Fedora.....
Morning everyone! I just recently went through and shrunk a partition and installed Fedora 14 on my hard drive in a dual boot setup. Well without getting into to much detail, I want it gone and just have Windows only. I know I will have to fix the MBR before using Disk Managment to reclaim the...
Installation & Setup
Dumping XP partition
Ok so I've read a few threads and I didn't find my particular situation so basically I have 2 separate HDD's. Disk 0 hosting Win XP pro as my active primary and Disk 1 hosting my Windows 7. I've attached a snipped image. How do I go about safely formatting the XP disk? Is there a thread I...
Installation & Setup
1 HD Dumping MBR, the other just vanishes.
My setup is a 1TB SATA and a 320gb IDE, both Seagate. On occasion the IDE drive will "Vanish" from the post test. It will not show on the boot menu. This being weird enough, I thought perhaps the drive was old and was just on it's last leg. SO I re-installed Windows 7 on the SATA for main boot. The...
Hardware & Devices
On the point of dumping W7 HP 64 bit
After 18 months just over, of Vista HP 32 bit. After reading the good reports from the people who tried the beta versions, I thought it would be nice to change to W7 HP 64 bit. Unfortunately I have had endless problems with this version. Lockups and crashed but mainly blue screens. Amongs them...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App