Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Kernel Error, might be harddrive problem

26 Feb 2011   #11
JoHn87

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeanP View Post
nTune doesn't have compatibility with Windows 7 - only Vista and XP. Try this - NVIDIA DRIVERS 6.05

If you don't like it - let me know.

These dumps are old - upload the latest 5 from :\Windows\Minidump

thanks, I'll give that a go.

Also I mention already, why isn't it logging the dumps. The last 3 BSOD crash I had, none of it been logged into mini dumps. latest is 03/01/2011

Here screenshot.




Also i did the driver verifier thing, and had about 2 BSOD and none of them have been logged either.



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
27 Feb 2011   #12
JoHn87

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeanP View Post
nTune doesn't have compatibility with Windows 7 - only Vista and XP. Try this - NVIDIA DRIVERS 6.05

If you don't like it - let me know.
[/B]
This is similar like ntune, also I tried to change the settings and save a profile settings too. After restart, it goes back to it defualt settings.
Also, the settings are not right when I set it. Set manual control to 40%, it show on the gpu gadget as 59% ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2011   #13
JoHn87

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

No BSOD since last post. But will get back here if one occurs.

I got this update, important update on Windows Update.

That I need to install ATK0110 ACPI Utility



I have not uninstalled any other drivers beside the NVIDIA DRIVERS 6.0.

Last time I checked, I installed that a while ago. Reinstall it again from official ASUS P5QL-E Site
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Feb 2011   #14
JoHn87

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

I found out why my mini dumps weren't logging, apparently my pagefile.sys was full. no more mini dumps were created.
I thought it would keep creating mini dumps as long there's free space on the hdd.

so I did some googling, and found a link to a dump configurator.
original thread

tweak it.restarted it, cleared old mini and memory dumps. did the driver verifier. only two BSOD come up which they the same thing.

It the Trusteer Rapport creating the BSOD. but I do not know if this is the main cause from my previous BSOD.
Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.


Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\022811-29733-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Debugging Tools\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is: 
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17514.amd64fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e05000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0304ae90
Debug session time: Mon Feb 28 14:14:11.008 2011 (UTC + 0:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:27.928
Loading Kernel Symbols
...............................................................
................................................................
...................................................
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
....
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C9, {226, fffff88001934aa0, fffff9801ce1eee0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\RapportKE64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RapportKE64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RapportKE64.sys
Probably caused by : RapportKE64.sys ( RapportKE64+6aa0 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (c9)
The IO manager has caught a misbehaving driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000226, An IRP dispatch handler has returned without passing down or completing this IRP,
	or someone forgot to return STATUS_PENDING.
Arg2: fffff88001934aa0, The address in the driver's code where the error was detected.
Arg3: fffff9801ce1eee0, IRP address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------


BUGCHECK_STR:  0xc9_226

DRIVER_VERIFIER_IO_VIOLATION_TYPE:  226

FAULTING_IP: 
RapportKE64+6aa0
fffff880`01934aa0 4889542410      mov     qword ptr [rsp+10h],rdx

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
RapportKE64+6aa0
fffff880`01934aa0 4889542410      mov     qword ptr [rsp+10h],rdx

IRP_ADDRESS:  fffff9801ce1eee0

DEVICE_OBJECT: fffffa80087b5e40

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP

PROCESS_NAME:  RapportService

CURRENT_IRQL:  2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff8000330c3dc to fffff80002e85640

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`0867f4e8 fffff800`0330c3dc : 00000000`000000c9 00000000`00000226 fffff880`01934aa0 fffff980`1ce1eee0 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0867f4f0 fffff800`0331647a : fffff800`0330a9f0 fffff880`01934aa0 fffff980`1ce1eee0 00000000`00000000 : nt!VerifierBugCheckIfAppropriate+0x3c
fffff880`0867f530 fffff800`03317483 : 00000000`00000226 fffffa80`0a3aed18 fffff980`1ce1eee0 00000000`ffffffff : nt!ViErrorFinishReport+0xda
fffff880`0867f580 fffff800`0332279c : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a3aec60 fffffa80`0a3aed18 fffffa80`0a4159d0 : nt!VfErrorReport1+0x63
fffff880`0867f620 fffff800`03322b63 : fffffa80`0a3aec60 00000000`00000002 fffffa80`087b5e40 fffff800`033152a7 : nt!IovpCallDriver2+0x1bc
fffff880`0867f680 fffff800`03328c2e : fffffa80`087b5e40 fffff980`1ce1eee0 00000000`00000002 fffffa80`087b5e40 : nt!VfAfterCallDriver+0x353
fffff880`0867f6d0 fffff800`03183495 : 00000000`00000025 fffffa80`0a980778 fffffa80`0a71c9b0 fffffa80`0a3aec60 : nt!IovCallDriver+0x57e
fffff880`0867f730 fffff800`0317fd38 : fffffa80`087b5e40 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a9805c0 fffff6fc`00000001 : nt!IopParseDevice+0x5a5
fffff880`0867f8c0 fffff800`03180f56 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a9805c0 fffff680`003b7968 fffffa80`0765e750 : nt!ObpLookupObjectName+0x588
fffff880`0867f9b0 fffff800`0318285c : fffffa80`0a3c0ec8 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a3bc301 ffffffff`ffffffff : nt!ObOpenObjectByName+0x306
fffff880`0867fa80 fffff800`0318d478 : 00000000`0008e2e8 fffff8a0`c0100080 00000000`0008ebb0 00000000`0008e300 : nt!IopCreateFile+0x2bc
fffff880`0867fb20 fffff800`02e848d3 : fffffa80`0a3c0b30 0000007f`ffffffff fffffa80`0a3bc330 00000980`00000000 : nt!NtCreateFile+0x78
fffff880`0867fbb0 00000000`76f3186a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
00000000`0008e278 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x76f3186a


STACK_COMMAND:  .bugcheck ; kb

SYMBOL_NAME:  RapportKE64+6aa0

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: RapportKE64

IMAGE_NAME:  RapportKE64.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4d5d775f

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0xc9_226_VRF_RapportKE64+6aa0

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0xc9_226_VRF_RapportKE64+6aa0

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2011   #15
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64, Arch Linux
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JoHn87 View Post
I found out why my mini dumps weren't logging, apparently my pagefile.sys was full. no more mini dumps were created.
I thought it would keep creating mini dumps as long there's free space on the hdd.

so I did some googling, and found a link to a dump configurator.
original thread

tweak it.restarted it, cleared old mini and memory dumps. did the driver verifier. only two BSOD come up which they the same thing.

It the Trusteer Rapport creating the BSOD. but I do not know if this is the main cause from my previous BSOD.
Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.


Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\022811-29733-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Debugging Tools\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is: 
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17514.amd64fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e05000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0304ae90
Debug session time: Mon Feb 28 14:14:11.008 2011 (UTC + 0:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:27.928
Loading Kernel Symbols
...............................................................
................................................................
...................................................
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
....
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C9, {226, fffff88001934aa0, fffff9801ce1eee0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\RapportKE64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RapportKE64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RapportKE64.sys
Probably caused by : RapportKE64.sys ( RapportKE64+6aa0 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (c9)
The IO manager has caught a misbehaving driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000226, An IRP dispatch handler has returned without passing down or completing this IRP,
    or someone forgot to return STATUS_PENDING.
Arg2: fffff88001934aa0, The address in the driver's code where the error was detected.
Arg3: fffff9801ce1eee0, IRP address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------


BUGCHECK_STR:  0xc9_226

DRIVER_VERIFIER_IO_VIOLATION_TYPE:  226

FAULTING_IP: 
RapportKE64+6aa0
fffff880`01934aa0 4889542410      mov     qword ptr [rsp+10h],rdx

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
RapportKE64+6aa0
fffff880`01934aa0 4889542410      mov     qword ptr [rsp+10h],rdx

IRP_ADDRESS:  fffff9801ce1eee0

DEVICE_OBJECT: fffffa80087b5e40

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP

PROCESS_NAME:  RapportService

CURRENT_IRQL:  2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff8000330c3dc to fffff80002e85640

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`0867f4e8 fffff800`0330c3dc : 00000000`000000c9 00000000`00000226 fffff880`01934aa0 fffff980`1ce1eee0 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0867f4f0 fffff800`0331647a : fffff800`0330a9f0 fffff880`01934aa0 fffff980`1ce1eee0 00000000`00000000 : nt!VerifierBugCheckIfAppropriate+0x3c
fffff880`0867f530 fffff800`03317483 : 00000000`00000226 fffffa80`0a3aed18 fffff980`1ce1eee0 00000000`ffffffff : nt!ViErrorFinishReport+0xda
fffff880`0867f580 fffff800`0332279c : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a3aec60 fffffa80`0a3aed18 fffffa80`0a4159d0 : nt!VfErrorReport1+0x63
fffff880`0867f620 fffff800`03322b63 : fffffa80`0a3aec60 00000000`00000002 fffffa80`087b5e40 fffff800`033152a7 : nt!IovpCallDriver2+0x1bc
fffff880`0867f680 fffff800`03328c2e : fffffa80`087b5e40 fffff980`1ce1eee0 00000000`00000002 fffffa80`087b5e40 : nt!VfAfterCallDriver+0x353
fffff880`0867f6d0 fffff800`03183495 : 00000000`00000025 fffffa80`0a980778 fffffa80`0a71c9b0 fffffa80`0a3aec60 : nt!IovCallDriver+0x57e
fffff880`0867f730 fffff800`0317fd38 : fffffa80`087b5e40 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a9805c0 fffff6fc`00000001 : nt!IopParseDevice+0x5a5
fffff880`0867f8c0 fffff800`03180f56 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a9805c0 fffff680`003b7968 fffffa80`0765e750 : nt!ObpLookupObjectName+0x588
fffff880`0867f9b0 fffff800`0318285c : fffffa80`0a3c0ec8 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a3bc301 ffffffff`ffffffff : nt!ObOpenObjectByName+0x306
fffff880`0867fa80 fffff800`0318d478 : 00000000`0008e2e8 fffff8a0`c0100080 00000000`0008ebb0 00000000`0008e300 : nt!IopCreateFile+0x2bc
fffff880`0867fb20 fffff800`02e848d3 : fffffa80`0a3c0b30 0000007f`ffffffff fffffa80`0a3bc330 00000980`00000000 : nt!NtCreateFile+0x78
fffff880`0867fbb0 00000000`76f3186a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
00000000`0008e278 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x76f3186a


STACK_COMMAND:  .bugcheck ; kb

SYMBOL_NAME:  RapportKE64+6aa0

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: RapportKE64

IMAGE_NAME:  RapportKE64.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4d5d775f

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0xc9_226_VRF_RapportKE64+6aa0

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0xc9_226_VRF_RapportKE64+6aa0

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Latest BSODs caused by RapportKE64.sys which is part of Trusteer Rapport
Trusteer Rapport is a security program that is known to cause BSOD's on some Windows 7 systems. You should completely uninstall it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2011   #16
JoHn87

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Latest BSODs caused by RapportKE64.sys which is part of Trusteer Rapport
Trusteer Rapport is a security program that is known to cause BSOD's on some Windows 7 systems. You should completely uninstall it.
OK, I will do.

Can I re-installed EVGA Precision back on? as I cant find a better alternative software to control my gpu fan.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2011   #17
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64, Arch Linux
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JoHn87 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Latest BSODs caused by RapportKE64.sys which is part of Trusteer Rapport
Trusteer Rapport is a security program that is known to cause BSOD's on some Windows 7 systems. You should completely uninstall it.
OK, I will do.

Can I re-installed EVGA Precision back on? as I cant find a better alternative software to control my gpu fan.
Install it if you don't get anymore BSODs after the removal of Trusteer Rapport
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2011   #18
JoHn87

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Install it if you don't get anymore BSODs after the removal of Trusteer Rapport
OK, will report back if I get BSOD.

+ rep ya all who help me here. (yowanvista, DeanP, zigzag3143)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Mar 2011   #19
JoHn87

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Update:
Things are back to normal.
Installed EVGA Precision back on.
Clean my computer case, spray switch cleaner on the connectors for HDD, power/sata cables. which solved my HDD problem, which was a different problem.

No BSOD since last post
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Mar 2011   #20
DeanP

Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7
 
 

Sounds good. However, if BSOD occurs again, then remove EVGA Precision.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Kernel Error, might be harddrive problem




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Kernel Data Inpage Error problem
I am having the SAME exact random Kernel Data Inpage Error problem at random times! did anybody figure this out?
BSOD Help and Support
Harddrive Problem - Help!
Was given a laptop off a friend awhile back, he said he kept getting a blue screen error off it, so never used it. I decided to get around to looking at it last night, and yes it does boot into a blue screen error, after loading the Windows 7 start up after BIOS. The error is “Unmountable Boot...
Hardware & Devices
sysdata.xml kernel memory dump BSOD problem error 0x000000d1
Accidentally posted this in the Windows Vista forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am getting a BSOD seemingly randomly. I do not notice that I do anything in particular to trigger it. Sometimes I'll just be browsing Yahoo! articles and it will crash, other times I will be gaming. I...
BSOD Help and Support
Seagate Harddrive test tool fail but harddrive data seems intact
I have this WD My Passport external portable harddrive which I have used for a couple of years. I was writing something to the drive one day when the USB connection seems to be somewhat loose and the drive disconnected momentarily and reconnected itself but the file I was trying to write ended...
Hardware & Devices
Kernel Data Inpage Error + IRQL Not Less or Equal BSOD Problem
I have no idea what is going on recently as I've been having the more important BSOD of the Kernel error. 1 - chkdsk /f, no issues. 2 - Eset SS virus scan or possible hijacking, no issues. 3 - Driver verifier with only top 3 options check selected for non-MS drivers, no issues. 4 - Software...
BSOD Help and Support
Harddrive error fix program?
Hi there, just started to organise my files on my external HDD this morning and some of them couldn't move or copy. The files are fresh from my mobile, pics and vids, so I figured I'd be a HDD problem with bad sectors. Action Center also says the same. I tried the windows built-in feature of...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:06.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App