Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Blue Screen - ntoskrnl.exe

18 Apr 2011   #11
Strmiska

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Now I've come across another problem. After trying to install SP1 it bluescreened, so I ran the "things to do before installing sp1" list. retried. SP1 goes all the way through the install and gives me a fail referencing RPC_S_CALL_FAILED(0x800706be). Trying to run the system update readiness again for grins, and it won't even run. It just sits at Installing: 0% forever.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Apr 2011   #12
DeanP

Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7
 
 

Are you installing SP1 from Windows Update or Microsoft Download Center?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Apr 2011   #13
Strmiska

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeanP View Post
Are you installing SP1 from Windows Update or Microsoft Download Center?
Tried windows update and it blue screened every time I tried it. Then I tried download center and got the fail run.

I'm considering reinstalling windows again if it will allow me to install the SP1... But if it fails, I've wasted more time installing drivers and stuff all over again for no reason.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Apr 2011   #14
DeanP

Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Strmiska View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeanP View Post
Are you installing SP1 from Windows Update or Microsoft Download Center?
Tried windows update and it blue screened every time I tried it. Then I tried download center and got the fail run.

I'm considering reinstalling windows again if it will allow me to install the SP1... But if it fails, I've wasted more time installing drivers and stuff all over again for no reason.
It would considerally be a good idea to do a Re installation of Windows. If it's fine for you - then go ahead.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Apr 2011   #15
Strmiska

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeanP View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Strmiska View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeanP View Post
Are you installing SP1 from Windows Update or Microsoft Download Center?
Tried windows update and it blue screened every time I tried it. Then I tried download center and got the fail run.

I'm considering reinstalling windows again if it will allow me to install the SP1... But if it fails, I've wasted more time installing drivers and stuff all over again for no reason.
It would considerally be a good idea to do a Re installation of Windows. If it's fine for you - then go ahead.
If I was to reinstall, would I have to update drivers first? Or could I get away with getting the motherboard installed and start downloading updates?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Apr 2011   #16
DeanP

Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7
 
 

When you reinstall, I would go ahead and update the drivers, first.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Apr 2011   #17
Strmiska

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeanP View Post
When you reinstall, I would go ahead and update the drivers, first.
I'm just worried the same thing will happen again. Because that's all I've done on this computer is install windows and the drivers. Then updated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2011   #18
Strmiska

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

... Fresh install, up to date drivers, still bluescreen.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2011   #19
DeanP

Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7
 
 

Upload dumps.
Where did you get your copy of Windows 7 from?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2011   #20
Strmiska

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

By some miracle... and I'm not sure how. I installed SP1. now I'm waiting to see if a blue screen will show up. For future reference.. Is there anything as far as hardware on my system that need driver updates aside from the motherboard and video card? (inside the case)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Blue Screen - ntoskrnl.exe




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Another Blue Screen - ntoskrnl.exe
Hello everyone, This is my first post here. I tried to follow the posting guidelines as best I could. The zip for my dump files should be attached. If you need additional information please let me know. A while back I started getting blue screen crashes. Once a day usually... sometimes even...
BSOD Help and Support
Blue Screen - ntoskrnl.exe?
Hi. I'm not very good with all the technical stuff, so I found the instructions in the Posting Instructions a little daunting. I will proceed to gether information that way if required, but I'm hoping this will do. I've had this pop up twice in two weeks, and this is what I get: ...
BSOD Help and Support
Help! Blue screen - ntoskrnl.exe ?
Please Delete thread
BSOD Help and Support
Blue Screen (ntoskrnl.exe)
Hi everybody! I have a problem with mi laptop, the blue screen appeas sometimes ONLY when I reset my laptop or when it's shutting down. The last time before yesterday was a month ago when it happens. My laptop specs are: - Sony Vaio VPCF1390x - Intel Core i7-740QM - 4GB Memory DDR3 - Blu-ray...
BSOD Help and Support
Ntoskrnl.exe Blue Screen
Hello First of all I would like to say that I would be very great full at whoever can help me. I have received over 50 blue screen errors due to "Ntoskrnl.exe" I have windows 7 ultimate-64bit and do not have a instilation disk. WHat could I do MAny Thanks:)
BSOD Help and Support
ntoskrnl.exe blue screen
Hello I have replaced the graphics card, hardrive and psu since I first got the BSOD messages and still nothing worked :/ I have attached the .dmp files :)
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App